BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stokes

5 minutes ago, lraC said:

The Coyle appointment and him being described by Cheston as the stand out candidate, as we all know has super agents man stamped all over it. History shows us, that Coyle denied any connection with any agency and vehemently denied knowing Andersons agency, in his first interview. I hadn't realised how quickly Stokes was signed after the stand out candidate was appointed, but within 3 weeks, says all we need to know. From very recent stories, Coyle was £300k per year and was brought in rather than Warnock due to him being cheaper, at £1m per year. Given what he did within 3 weeks, he wasn't cheaper at all, his first and by no means not only mistake cost us a lot more than that. So we go back to exactly who made the decision to appoint him, as I fear it might have been influenced by an agent who had the Stokes fiasco up his sleeve. I think we need to ask Cheston, after all it was him who described Coyle that way on appointment and how wrong has that been?

Yes. That appointment was the final straw for me-another one. It stunk from day 1.

1 hour ago, lraC said:

The Coyle appointment and him being described by Cheston as the stand out candidate, as we all know has super agents man stamped all over it. History shows us, that Coyle denied any connection with any agency and vehemently denied knowing Andersons agency, in his first interview. I hadn't realised how quickly Stokes was signed after the stand out candidate was appointed, but within 3 weeks, says all we need to know. From very recent stories, Coyle was £300k per year and was brought in rather than Warnock due to him being cheaper, at £1m per year. Given what he did within 3 weeks, he wasn't cheaper at all, his first and by no means not only mistake cost us a lot more than that. So we go back to exactly who made the decision to appoint him, as I fear it might have been influenced by an agent who had the Stokes fiasco up his sleeve. I think we need to ask Cheston, after all it was him who described Coyle that way on appointment and how wrong has that been?

Well someone was signing off these contracts and the only one it points to is Cheston. These imbeciles don't keep a lid on our problems they just add to them just how much have Coyle, Sandy & staff and the ridiculous full time contracts handed out added to the debt this season alone ?

Yet again who is benefitting from these contracts & pay offs, who's fingerprints are all over this latest shafting ?

%%%%%%

7 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'm not familiar with this site.

It also has separate Rovers related articles: Shef Wednesday should "make a summer move for Mahoney", we should get Southamptons Josh Sims to replace Mahoney, Barnsley should "make a move" for Danny Graham, and Preston should "poach" Nmambe. 

Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

It also has separate Rovers related articles: Shef Wednesday should "make a summer move for Mahoney", we should get Southamptons Josh Sims to replace Mahoney, Barnsley should "make a move" for Danny Graham, and Preston should "poach" Nmambe. 

Poach him, roast him, fry him I don't care as long as they eat him.

Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

It's the site equivalent of a chat down the pub with your mates about who'd you'd like to sign for your team. They also regurgitate stuff that has been in the nationals, like with this story.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

It's the site equivalent of a chat down the pub with your mates about who'd you'd like to sign for your team. They also regurgitate stuff that has been in the nationals, like with this story.

Thanks. I did get the impression it might of been a bit of an opinion based site, rather than factual. 

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Anything published on Football league world take with a pinch of salt. I don't think they have got one bit of news right. 

Did nobody spot the reference to the Scottish Sun? Slightly more credible - if only slightly.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/993097/blackburn-striker-anthony-stokes-closing-in-on-third-stint-at-hibs-as-celtics-efe-ambrose-nears-permanent-deal/

So... all speculation but...

He did well at Hibs but had a court case coming up. Needed a big wage to cover the fine he was likely to get. (It must have been a fairly good case because he was convicted). Got a decent wedge at Rovers - I'm guessing. Paid fine - presumably. Returns to Hibs.

Could see it.

Just now, Stuart said:

Did nobody spot the reference to the Scottish Sun? Slightly more credible - if only slightly.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/993097/blackburn-striker-anthony-stokes-closing-in-on-third-stint-at-hibs-as-celtics-efe-ambrose-nears-permanent-deal/

So... all speculation but...

He did well at Hibs but had a court case coming up. Needed a big wage to cover the fine he was likely to get. (It must have been a fairly good case because he was convicted). Got a decent wedge at Rovers - I'm guessing. Paid fine - presumably. Returns to Hibs.

Could see it.

An agent with a friendly manager could swing a deal and get you into a club for a while even if you've no intention of bothering to turn up for training much. Then don't worry once the case is passed he'll get you out of there and back to where you really want to be.

Archived