BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 40 Venky's Premises raided by Indian Tax Officials

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been tracing back balaji he's in and out of court on tax charges allot of it relates to day old chicks and wether in India they should be taxed! 

Hes had some personal tax issues in the past as I've stated in here before the Venkys are in and out of court on all sorts

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Pune is this years most corrupt City in India with its Tax Office also 'highly' ranked.

We are talking really big brown envelopes.

Why do you think they entered politics in Hyderabad

Venky's, the people who passed the FA's fit and proper test?

The ones who have kept all their promises to Rovers' fans. Those respectable, upstanding, highly-ethical group?

Them Venky's? They're in tax trouble?

Nah, must be another Venky's.

It doesn't take a keen investigator to know they aren't "by the book" people. Wouldn't surprise me if it is just a simple misdemeanour brought about by their contempt for the rules; why should people of their stature have to abide by the way things work?

Either way someone will buy a new car or take a luxury holiday off the back of this and normal service will resume next week.

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It doesn't take a keen investigator to know they aren't "by the book" people. Wouldn't surprise me if it is just a simple misdemeanour brought about by their contempt for the rules; why should people of their stature have to abide by the way things work?

Either way someone will buy a new car or take a luxury holiday off the back of this and normal service will resume next week.

That's part of it they haven't got to grips with over here as back how whenever things go wrong they stamp feet and bung the right people and it gets sorted or someone else cleans up their mess as happens with rich people.

Over here there is just ever open pockets who keep taking the money but don't sort the mess because it's not in their interests to do so.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Why would this affect us? Is this similar to what happened with Cellino at Leeds?

If they are convicted of a crime then they can be suspended as directors of the club and banned from decision making for a period of time. This is what happened with Cellino when he was convicted, the league decided that he was banned from running Leeds, so he had to 'resign' and appoint a Chairman to run the club in the meantime.

The difference with this lot is that even if one of them is found guilty of a crime, they'll just be able to delegate to one of the others until any suspension is over with then return to normal service. I suspect given their interest and involvement in the club that things wouldn't be much different if they were all suspended indefinitely, as it seems their accountants are running the show now with only additional expenses e.g. pay offs for managers requiring authorisation from the top dogs.

Nice if the authorities over there are making life uncomfortable for them but I suspect Indian authorities are very different to HMRC....

Please can someone correct the spelling of "Premesis", it's making me very uncomfortable...

As a few have alluded above I really can't see anything that will come of this and will be forgotten as quickly as the Texan wanting to buy us was...

Just been talking to one of the guys at work who is familiar with the Indian Tax raids, he said there tend to be two approaches. One is to swiftly come to some agreement that conveniently results in the case going back to the bottom of the pile. The other he said is more akin to a customs search, where they go in mob-handed and literally rip the place apart, not simply politely ask for the books.

If it's made the news, path B sounds more likely.

Just now, Blue Cabbage said:

Please can someone correct the spelling of "Premesis", it's making me very uncomfortable...

As a few have alluded above I really can't see anything that will come of this and will be forgotten as quickly as the Texan wanting to buy us was...

'Venky's Premesis' is the latest in the film franchise. It's painful to watch and seems to go on forever. Not unlike...

Just now, Glenn said:

Just been talking to one of the guys at work who is familiar with the Indian Tax raids, he said there tend to be two approaches. One is to swiftly come to some agreement that conveniently results in the case going back to the bottom of the pile. The other he said is more akin to a customs search, where they go in mob-handed and literally rip the place apart, not simply politely ask for the books.

If it's made the news, path B sounds more likely.

God, i hope so

Archived