BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 40 Venky's Premises raided by Indian Tax Officials

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to know in these days of short term loans being required to meet day to day liabilities who exactly owes the football club money for a similar amount to the mortgage taken out 12 months ago for what appears a VLL cost? It's defined as a trade debtor in rovers accounts - so a customer owes Rovers, in the VLL accounts it's described as other debtors for the same figure for the last 2 years so likely in accountancy speak amounts owed to the undertaking.

Publication1.jpg

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It is worth bearing in mind that the transfer window does not open for 43 days. 

The only relevance of that is that Graham, Evans and Lenihan won't be leaving until then.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I'd like to know in these days of short term loans being required to meet day to day liabilities who exactly owes the football club money for a similar amount to the mortgage taken out 12 months ago for what appears a VLL cost? It's defined as a trade debtor in rovers accounts - so a customer owes Rovers, in the VLL accounts it's described as other debtors for the same figure for the last 2 years so likely in accountancy speak amounts owed to the undertaking.

Publication1.jpg

Is this them funding setting up UK businesses via the club books possibly ?

With Mowbray going to India to have talks with the owners, Its looks like they wont be a sale but they wanted these 2 top accounting firms to go through the books and wanted advice from outside the club

Surely this is the end of Cheston and Slivester

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

With Mowbray going to India to have talks with the owners, Its looks like they wont be a sale but they wanted these 2 top accounting firms to go through the books and wanted advice from outside the club

Maybe they want Mowbray to lend them a few quid.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Advice from accountancy firms on football, not sure that is a good thing. 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Verified? Dates?

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Silvester is club secretary isn't he?

That is an FA affiliation requirement.

Maybe they'll promote one of the office juniors? Well, assuming they haven't all be let go.

edit: not many folk left - forgot Kinder was still here. Bit of a surprise. :rolleyes: 

IMG_1791.PNG

They only look at things through business eyes so afer stupidly and consistently listening to the wrong people and appointing the wrong people who say yes they are now turning to number crunchers thinking that will solve their problems.

They'll expect them to back and say here this is how you halve costs and get back into the premier league then turn the franchise into making money without it costing you anything. 

Expect KPMG and the other lot to be subsequently fired in 6 months when things continue to go downhill.

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Verified? Dates?

A reliable journalist on Twitter confirmed he had spoken with Mowbray. Said he is hopeful of positive discussions. He is going for a few days apparently. I would love to be a fly on the wall for this trip. 

I believe Mowbray will stick to his guns about what he wants and what we need to be competitive. If he walks after these meetings, we are in big trouble. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

A reliable journalist on Twitter confirmed he had spoken with Mowbray. Said he is hopeful of positive discussions. He is going for a few days apparently. I would love to be a fly on the wall for this trip. 

I believe Mowbray will stick to his guns about what he wants and what we need to be competitive. If he walks after these meetings, we are in big trouble. 

Thanks. I just caught up with it.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Silvester is club secretary isn't he?

That is an FA affiliation requirement.

Maybe they'll promote one of the office juniors? Well, assuming they haven't all be let go.

edit: not many folk left - forgot Kinder was still here. Bit of a surprise. :rolleyes: 

IMG_1791.PNG

I am fully aware of who is who at Ewood Park. 

I hope these 2 accounting firms recommend appointing a proper CEO with a new FD and Club Secretary also. 

But it does show how highly thought of The Venkys think of Cheston and Slivester role. 

I am fully aware of who is who at Ewood Park. 

I hope these 2 accounting firms recommend appointing a proper CEO with a new FD and Club Secretary also. 

But it does show how highly thought of The Venkys think of Cheston and Slivester role. 

I have no idea why you are now banging on about the Club Secretary role. A new one will change exactly what?

It's a function type role that's all.

Yeh, the financial companies brought in to re-evaluate funds and look at ways of saving money will suggest employing new staff. They'll probably recommend new signings too. Can't wait. 

They are bean counters. We have no beans left. They will certainly not be suggesting anything football related. And their visit (if it is indeed for auditing purposes) will not lead to anything positive for Blackburn Rovers Football Club. 

Archived