BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 40 Venky's Premises raided by Indian Tax Officials

What happened to the new Director of football our pal put so much faith in ?

Nothing i repeat nothing will change and certainly not on the recommendation of a few number crunchers. If they really have been sent in by Venkys & co its to tell them what they can do without and get away with it not what they need. What they need is good players via some real investment even the Pune lunes know this.

Just what in gods name difference will a new finance director make when we have no flippin finance, no one will lend and we have hardly any fans buying tickets ?

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a mate who knows a guy that works for one of the firms thats gone to ewood.. I sent a text two days ago and he asked him and finaly got a reply back.

In short he says he cant divulge any info on the reason they are there but worded the next bit in a way to say its not to sell the club.  Im inclined to belive venkys are here to stay

So we are stuck now in this death spiral.

Get relegated.

Sell best players to cover costs.

Bring in worse players.

Ignore the fans.

Become a poor team for the division.

Make no inroads into reducing the debt.

See further disenchanted fans join the NAPM or just get a new hobby.

Get relegated.

The cleverest part though is convincing a majority of the fans that this is a good thing and that "at least they are covering the costs".

16 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I have no idea why you are now banging on about the Club Secretary role. A new one will change exactly what?

It's a function type role that's all.

Maybe look into when he joined and who recommend him to the owners to appoint him?

Plus I wonder who interview Coyle when Cheston was on Holiday?

Just now, tomphil said:

What happened to the new Director of football our pal put so much faith in ?

I am a fan of the director of football/sporting director with head coach.

Senior left so Mowbray is still here and on the way to Pune to meet the owners.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

I have a mate who knows a guy that works for one of the firms thats gone to ewood.. I sent a text two days ago and he asked him and finaly got a reply back.

In short he says he cant divulge any info on the reason they are there but worded the next bit in a way to say its not to sell the club.  Im inclined to belive venkys are here to stay

In that case the club is virtually finished. Surely these independent firms will actually tell them that directly they've no need to be scared of being booted off the gravy train or getting a bull whipping back in Pune.

8 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

No real surprise to be honest.  I think most people now accept that Venkys will only leave when it suits them and with Mowbray going to India it suggests that they aren't ready to leave yet.  I have no idea how they are making this work for them but clearly, in some way, they are finding owning the club worth their while.  With no money for signings, further cut-backs in terms of wages and playing numbers, one can only see another season of struggle ahead.  If they can persuade Mowbray to stay there is a chance that he might halt the slide and keep us in League One.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

No real surprise to be honest.  I think most people now accept that Venkys will only leave when it suits them and with Mowbray going to India it suggests that they aren't ready to leave yet.  I have no idea how they are making this work for them but clearly, in some way, they are finding owning the club worth their while.  With no money for signings, further cut-backs in terms of wages and playing numbers, one can only see another season of struggle ahead.  If they can persuade Mowbray to stay there is a chance that he might halt the slide and keep us in League One.

Why is a manager in the business period off season messing around going to India . Appoint proper people ffs!

its an absolute sham if they are staying then I won't be there

34 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

This club is truly fcuked,a complete and utter Circus...can't take much more before I walk away for good.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

God, it is so depressing to read this. Will this ever end?!

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

I don't know about Cheston but I heard earlier in the week that Silvester is gone/ going very soon. Can't elaborate sorry.

You only have to read those shebby emails to see Silverster should be nowhere near this club

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

God, it is so depressing to read this. Will this ever end?!

This is what we have been reduced to my friend,a hopeless club with hopeless supporters whose expectations are through the floor,totally ignored and battered into submission.

I'm presently at the nadir of my time following this once great club and its all completely down to those two hats in Pune.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

This is what we have been reduced to my friend,a hopeless club with hopeless supporters whose expectations are through the floor,totally ignored and battered into submission.

I'm presently at the nadir of my time following this once great club and its all completely down to those two hats in Pune.

It feels like a divorce or a really bad parting of ways 

I'll say it again, for the last time - the accountants are there to weigh up how much of an investment is needed by Venkys to ensure the next 12 months. They are there on the behalf of The Bank of India. The only issue would be if Venkys didn't make the required payment to keep the club solvent this season. Venky's supplemented us by 6m as seen in the accounts, I can't see them now not giving another 8-10m - although I do think there will be assets sold / downsizing of the academy this time.

No admin, no sale. 

Just now, J*B said:

I'll say it again, for the last time - the accountants are there to weigh up how much of an investment is needed by Venkys to ensure the next 12 months. They are there on the behalf of The Bank of India. The only issue would be if Venkys didn't make the required payment to keep the club solvent this season. Venky's supplemented us by 6m as seen in the accounts, I can't see them now not giving another 8-10m - although I do think there will be assets sold / downsizing of the academy this time.

No admin, no sale. 

Why use two accounting firms?

Just now, Hasta said:

Why use two accounting firms?

What do the bank know about running a football club? Use one firm and your relying on them and them alone, use two and you have two opinions / reports. For a debt the size the bank have, it would be crazy to rely on one report alone on a subject you had no experience of. Even if it costs another 500k the debt is already bad. 

Just now, J*B said:

What do the bank know about running a football club? Use one firm and your relying on them and them alone. 

Makes no sense.  The firms being used will have looked at football club issues before.

When a club is put into admin they don't bring in two sets of accountants and administrators to sort it out.

Then again, when did any of the last few years make sense.

Just now, Hasta said:

Makes no sense.  The firms being used will have looked at football club issues before.

When a club is put into admin they don't bring in two sets of accountants and administrators to sort it out.

Then again, when did any of the last few years make sense.

When you sell a house, do you get one estate agent around and immediately put it up for sale at whatever they recommend? Or do you ask 3 agents round and get a consensus? Assuming your not an estate agent!!

Archived