BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 40 Venky's Premises raided by Indian Tax Officials

I do not know whether to laugh or cry:

"identifying  areas requiring further investment and to benchmark against other clubs"

They could have asked me and I'd have done an overview for free.

I think the inclusion of the word 'further' is a typo.

I still think that this overview is also to assist the Raos in assessing an exit option.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dunnfc said:

Okay straight from the club, they've come back to me with the following statement:

= a load more cuts whilst continuing to completely miss the point, i.e. The desperate need to appoint a chief exec who knows how to run a football club.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Is there anything people would like to ask back? Post on here in next hour and il collate and send on.

Which clubs were chosen as benchmarks and over what time frame.

How can other clubs be used as benchmarks when none operate without a properly functioning Board like Rovers.

Is the aim of success on the pitch a factor taken into account in overview forecasting.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Is there anything people would like to ask back? Post on here in next hour and il collate and send on.

Why are the owners willing to spend x4 the amount on these 2 companies than they have in transfer fee's over the last 4 windows?

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Why have they engaged two of the top four accountancy firms to work out potential cost savings in a company with a very simple business model. It seems overkill and nonesensical, unless there is another reason.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

What is the reasoning behind or the benefit of having two accountancy firms doing the same investigation - If they arrive at the same conclusions the owners have paid twice for the same advice. If they provide differing advice, which do they act on?

With a Director of Finance and club accountants already in position why do the owners not know their business situation already?

Is there anyone at Ewood representing the owners who is overseeing the financial investigations on a daily basis?

• Backroom
Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That all sounds well and good...depending on the 'benchmark against other clubs' bit.  If they atw benchmarking against teams trying to get in the prem like Shef Weds, Brighton, Derby etc then fair enough.

If they are benchmarking against Fleetwood or Shrewsbury.....

I think we all know which is more likely.

Why don't they just take a long walk off a short pier and leave us alone. We couldn't do any worse, even me who doesn't understand balance sheets but managed to bring up 4 kids not knowing they were poor on one teachers wage. 

Upon briefly sharing this with the BRFCS community; I’ve tried to group some fans questions together to hopefully raise with yourself (If you don’t mind) to understand the situation better. More so in the absence of rumours of administration, staff redundancies and continued emphasis on cost cutting, I thought it’d be better to take all questions from one community as opposed to the many emails no doubtly already received!

In the supporters consultation meeting (30th March); Paul Senior appeared to have planned in case of relegation (Plan B). Unfortunately this transpired itself after the Brentford game finished so was this always the intention of employing the top 2 consultancy services of these aforementioned companies? Figures branded about have been in the region of 850k? Are you currently in the position to confirm? With BRFC making the appointment of such this will no doubt be added to the clubs debt position/books.

Denoted from your previous email, it was interesting the club appears to benchmark on the required further investment against other clubs; will this be at current League One level or Championship etc., are you privy to any particular clubs which maybe the subject of analysis? As you may be aware reviewing clubs accounts in the Championship it remains speculative as to levels of investment as this ultimately depends on the ambitions (or lack off) of the owners; something what I would assume would be transparent from an operating business plan?

Are both companies working hand in hand as the potential for differing reports is quite high, it would appear if not co-working confliction may occur unless the two companies are reviewing independently on different areas? I.e. one conducting cost cutting? The other researching investment etc?

Has Mike Cheston reverted back to the position of Finance Director or does he still hold title as Managing Director in the absence of any UK directors? Given the club has accountants, and a finance director including the Indian; Reddy Gandhi Babu (Accountant) also additionally the quarterly audits conducted by PM+M it does appear unusual somewhat to obtain two separate companies for something which I’d imagine Mike or Suhail would be able to assist with?

Do the owners intend of addressing the clubs supporters (Customer Base) following the release of the club statement two weeks ago as they did via Sky Sports upon Premier League relegation with Venkatesh Rao addressing as spokesman?

Ok the above is what I sent back. Hopefully some communication.

Ask why they think it's ok to spend 4x the amount they have on transfers on accounting reviews when the whole world can see what the problem is. NO LEADERSHIP.

I'm starting to turn away from my beliefs that this is some criminal conspiracy and beginning to think they are actually just plain and simply stupid.

understand there any many rumours circulating presently with regard to Deloitte and KPMG carrying out work at the club.  In answer to your questions I can confirm both companies are carrying out their work over a four week period and will then submit individual reports.  They have both been appointed on the same terms by Blackburn Rovers Football Club on behalf of the owners.  Their remit is to look at all areas of the business in order to identify areas where the club could be more efficient, which would involve identifying  areas requiring further investment and to benchmark against other clubs.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Without being a finance expert one would immediately conclude that the area of grass which some blokes pass a ball around on might be one area requiring further investment. 22 pence and a half eaten Crunchie hasn't paid dividends in putting out a "competitive team" that we were promised at the start of the season.   

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Ask why they think it's ok to spend 4x the amount they have on transfers on accounting reviews when the whole world can see what the problem is. NO LEADERSHIP.

I'm starting to turn away from my beliefs that this is some criminal conspiracy and beginning to think they are actually just plain and simply stupid.

Or indeed both.

Completely bemusing really...spending all this money to see how to 'save' or potentially 'make' some money, when that 850k spent last summer or in the Jan window might have just been the difference in us staying up.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Completely bemusing really...spending all this money to see how to 'save' or potentially 'make' some money, when that 850k spent last summer or in the Jan window might have just been the difference in us staying up.

Despite them allowing Bowyer a coup!e of quid for a few players who have been sold for good profit and have kept the club going for them recently they still haven't grasped that the only way to speculate to accumulate is on the pitch not in the dugout or directors offices.

Bunch of stiffs.

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

understand there any many rumours circulating presently with regard to Deloitte and KPMG carrying out work at the club.  In answer to your questions I can confirm both companies are carrying out their work over a four week period and will then submit individual reports.  They have both been appointed on the same terms by Blackburn Rovers Football Club on behalf of the owners.  Their remit is to look at all areas of the business in order to identify areas where the club could be more efficient, which would involve identifying  areas requiring further investment and to benchmark against other clubs.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Without being a finance expert one would immediately conclude that the area of grass which some blokes pass a ball around on might be one area requiring further investment. 22 pence and a half eaten Crunchie hasn't paid dividends in putting out a "competitive team" that we were promised at the start of the season.   

Amazing really. Rumours come about because of a lack of believable information and an attempt to apply some sense to the situation.

That statement is really just a rehash of the previous one so it doesn't add anything or slow the rumour mill.

The very idea that the answer to relegation to League One is to look at business efficiencies shows that they still haven't the foggiest idea how to run a football club. You would think that with the number of mistakes they've made in 7 years that they would have learnt something by now. Like - appoint a proper football person to run the club from Ewood. That £800k could have been a tidy package for the right person.

The club is owned by idiots, run by idiots and they treat the fans like idiots.

Archived