BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 40 Venky's Premises raided by Indian Tax Officials

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

Amazing really. Rumours come about because of a lack of believable information and an attempt to apply some sense to the situation.

That statement is really just a rehash of the previous one so it doesn't add anything or slow the rumour mill.

The very idea that the answer to relegation to League One is to look at business efficiencies shows that they still haven't the foggiest idea how to run a football club. You would think that with the number of mistakes they've made in 7 years that they would have learnt something by now. Like - appoint a proper football person to run the club from Ewood. That £800k could have been a tidy package for the right person.

The club is owned by idiots, run by idiots and they treat the fans like idiots.

Pity they didn't do this when they first took over instead of simply believing everything Anderson told them.

Deloitte's first point might have been "You've got some wonderfully talented staff there-----keep them."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, OJRovers said:

Any leaks on how KPMG and Deloitte are getting on?

If nothing else, the've probably clocked up c£250k of fees so far. Money that could have been spent on a few players.

I still have no idea why they think they need to bring in these two to look for efficiencies. They'll have to save a few hundred thousand just to pay their own fees.

Efficiencies could surely be provided by one or the other without the need for both.

"Well, I see you have both - independently - advised of a ban on post-it notes so that one is definitely a goer. However, I'm quite taken with the suggestion of training sessions to be shirts vs skins to save on bibs. Very innovative and yet something quite traditional about it."

Common sense would say that it was due diligence on behalf of a buyer and a seller trying to agree a valuation. But the Lancashire Chestongraph have pooh-poohed it so that can't be it. Besides common sense is not something the Raos are reknowned for.

38 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I still have no idea why they think they need to bring in these two to look for efficiencies. They'll have to save a few hundred thousand just to pay their own fees.

Efficiencies could surely be provided by one or the other without the need for both.

"Well, I see you have both - independently - advised of a ban on post-it notes so that one is definitely a goer. However, I'm quite taken with the suggestion of training sessions to be shirts vs skins to save on bibs. Very innovative and yet something quite traditional about it."

Common sense would say that it was due diligence on behalf of a buyer and a seller trying to agree a valuation. But the Lancashire Chestongraph have pooh-poohed it so that can't be it. Besides common sense is not something the Raos are reknowned for.

It's that or we are owned by more than just the loons.

They were rumoured to be at Ewood for 4 weeks. When is time up?

No doubt BRFC are getting the bill, it can be paid from the recent 6 million injection. That was handy :wacko:

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It's that or we are owned by more than just the loons.

They were rumoured to be at Ewood for 4 weeks. When is time up?

No doubt BRFC are getting the bill, it can be paid from the recent 6 million injection. That was handy :wacko:

Going off Kamy's news topic I'd say another week or two yet. They won't have finished with the biro stock take yet I wouldn't have thought. The paperclip unfastening time-and-motion study will take a bit longer though.

Two findings there, ditch BIC for Ryman's own brand and eliminate paper clips entirely. Take care of the pennies and...

Just now, AggyBlue said:

I expect there'll be a giant car boot sale on car park H soon, selling off all the fixtures and fittings. TV's, computers, desks, chairs and a myriad of brick-a-brac.

I'll be after the replica PL trophy:)

Bagsy Chancers computer with powerpoint on, that I can fire up when the in-laws wont leave

Just now, AggyBlue said:

I expect there'll be a giant car boot sale on car park H soon, selling off all the fixtures and fittings. TV's, computers, desks, chairs and a myriad of brick-a-brac.

Replica?!? Remember it was Jack's club back then Aggy. I think you'll find the Premier League / Chelsea have the replica!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-6-2 at 15:35, AggyBlue said:

Here's hoping someone sells off those disgusting Rao portraits that are polluting Jack's exec box.

Occasionally, someone would leave a light on during a midweek match and they'd be clearly visible from the Riverside. Used to rile me. 

• 2 weeks later...

The irony is that it was the club that told the Telegraph about it in the first place, so they must have been happy for the news to get out. We know the Telegraph rarely report anything that isn't first authorised or confirmed by Rovers, so why bother telling the Telegraph about it happening if no further updates are going to come?

Though local media has declined across the board this past decade, the LT really is the pits.

Putting to one side the absymal lack of sub-editing, you see them recycling one interview for weeks on end, copying and pasting stories from rovers.co.uk and putting together articles that are made up entirely of tweets from fans; no insight, no investigation, no reporting. It's dreadful.

Yet, you only need to look at some other regional papers and they are packed full of stories every day. 

15 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Though local media has declined across the board this past decade, the LT really is the pits.

Putting to one side the absymal lack of sub-editing, you see them recycling one interview for weeks on end, copying and pasting stories from rovers.co.uk and putting together articles that are made up entirely of tweets from fans; no insight, no investigation, no reporting. It's dreadful.

Yet, you only need to look at some other regional papers and they are packed full of stories every day. 

Nobody can really expect world class journalism in this day and age of declining sales, but a quick online glance at material served up by sports reporters for other football clubs and it is clear that the Telegraph is lagging well behind in quality and quantity. 

The Bolton News, owned by the same company that owns the Telegraph, offers vastly superior coverage of Wanderers and their reporter Marc Iles seems to have his finger on the pulse there. 

There's been a deliberate move by the Telerag to employ cheap young reporters with as little connection or affection to Rovers as is possible and you have to ask why seeing as it doesn't seem to be the case with other clubs they cover.

Ok we are never going to get another Peter White but other local rags as mentioned mange to retain reporters along the lines of him albeit operating in a different world.

Why the sea change at the Venkygraph one wonders ?

Business accounting tool been saying in for years. Above all else it's the only credible reason they hang onto the club yet virtually ignore the demise of the football side but are happy to carry heavy losses year on year.

All a scam from day one it's just that the goal posts have moved a few times.  

The article above says accounts have been window dressed to pump loans through the club. Is that legal? If it is well what can you do? If it isn't, how do they get away with it? Would it not have been  easier and cheaper for them to set up a shell business in Panama or the likes?

I would imagine this type of thing is common in football it's the reason a lot of corporations etc own clubs going nowhere. They never invest but absorb annual losses in their books and if its done in a certain way then probably not illegal just morally corrupt.

Non quite as eyewatering in losses as Venkys and surrounded by a circus and very suspicious behaviour. No wonder there's been accountants crawling all over the gaff and in India. You just feel these lot stay one step ahead ....... for now.

9 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

New sports keedia article is a blinder https://m.sportskeeda.com/football/unfit-improper-time-venkys-left-unwanted-child-blackburn-rovers

this paragraph though caught my attention, accounts and other business losses implying they've been loaded on. That's some claim to make.

image.png

That is a good article. Its the sort of read we always wanted years ago but nobody dared print it for fear of legal action.

Interestingly, it seems anything goes now, when its too late.

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would it not have been  easier and cheaper for them to set up a shell business in Panama or the likes?

Wouldn't need to, could just run it through their project partners one in Brunei :)

• Backroom
29 minutes ago, 47er said:

That is a good article. Its the sort of read we always wanted years ago but nobody dared print it for fear of legal action.

Interestingly, it seems anything goes now, when its too late.

Certain dark forces aren't throwing around legal threats like confetti any more, so I think news outlets are becoming bolder in printing stuff that was previously deemed unprintable. I'd personally still be wary as the hydra has more than one head, but good on those publications which have the guts to put this stuff out there anyway.

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

Certain dark forces aren't throwing around legal threats like confetti any more, so I think news outlets are becoming bolder in printing stuff that was previously deemed unprintable. I'd personally still be wary as the hydra has more than one head, but good on those publications which have the guts to put this stuff out there anyway.

Only legal threats by fa seem to stand Jeromes went up in smoke last month when companies associated with him were formally liquidated, prior to that Jerome tried suing the Daily Mail for loss of potential earnings I.e player commissions ahead of a particular January transfer window citing SEM was a plc and a reportable dip in earnings would wipe value of SEM and he'd sue. 

Archived