BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Allardyce Sad At Rovers Demise

Former Rovers boss Sam Allardyce has had his say on the club’s relegation to League 1.  Speaking at his current club Crystal Palace pre-match press conference Allardyce said “I was at Blackburn with a well-structured football club and unfortunately since then it’s slid down, and down and down. I think that’s unfortunate and by how the club has been run since I left, sadly.  That happens in football, changes are made and sometimes they are not for the best”.

Allardyce was sacked within a month of Venky’s taking over the club added “Blackburn as a football club when I got there was steeped in modern day history because it won the Premier League in 1995 – that’s quite a while ago, but they learned how to live with expectation of who they were. Sadly when Jack Walker died and the millions of pounds he funded the club with stopped, they still managed to find a business plan to continue and stay in the Premier League.  That’s very important as a football club that business plan.”

View full article

Duggy, what is fraudulent about the (edited) highlights of Allardyce's comments?

OK he has some "issues", but you can't deny what he says about the Rovers.

It's all true.

As an aside, I wonder how many on here would have him back?

Edited by dave birch
sp

A sizeable minority of Rovers fans STILL get on Allardyce's back.

I was talking to a bloke on the way back from Forest 'well sackng Allardyce was the right thing to do... just shouldn't have brought in Kean'

Amazing.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.