BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> "Venky's Out" candidate launches general election campaign

The candidate, Duncan Miller, has set up a PayPal account linked to the address drmiller.blackburn@gmail.com Any donation of £50 or less can go straight here.

If anybody wants to donate a higher amount to the campaign or use a different method, please email the above address.

It's vitally important that any donors over £50 contact Duncan because those donations need to be declared.

I am not on the electoral roll in Blackburn but seeing as there is a Venky's Out candidate, believe me it is a matter of life and death for the club that he gets a very decent vote.

By a decent vote, it must be quite a few thousand.

We know from Nixon that there is a team of accountants in Ewood right now and can only mean one thing: Venky's want to start asset stripping.

The local Council planning can make this VERY DIFFICULT and refuse all planning consents etc etc.

If this guy gets only a few hundred votes, the Council will think the people of BLackburn don't care.  But if there is a significant vote for him the Council can block things like housing built on car parks, demolishing the club shop etc, citing local concerns/residents' pressure and so on.

I hate saying to people how they should vote but him having thrown his hat into the contest puts Rovers in a situation of having no options but backing him.  

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

It's not really a local paper any more though is it so the only local news they are interested in is the bland stuff that offends few people. I'd imagine many of those who still buy it for Rovers news are those who sit passively in the stands or those who go on the comments bit of Rovers stories and say we need Venky's.  It's therefore not in the papers interest to upset the apple cart. Readership is down massively in the last few years. They can't afford to lose more.

Just now, gumboots said:

It's not really a local paper any more though is it so the only local news they are interested in is the bland stuff that offends few people. I'd imagine many of those who still buy it for Rovers news are those who sit passively in the stands or those who go on the comments bit of Rovers stories and say we need Venky's.  It's therefore not in the papers interest to upset the apple cart. Readership is down massively in the last few years. They can't afford to lose more.

Not surprising readership is down when they don't do any serious journalism. 

45 minutes ago, philipl said:

I am not on the electoral roll in Blackburn but seeing as there is a Venky's Out candidate, believe me it is a matter of life and death for the club that he gets a very decent vote.

We know from Nixon that there is a team of accountants in Ewood right now and can only mean one thing: Venky's want to start asset stripping.

The local Council planning can make this VERY DIFFICULT and refuse all planning consents etc etc.

If this guy gets only a few hundred votes, the Council will think the people of BLackburn don't care.  But if there is a significant vote for him the Council can block things like housing built on car parks, demolishing the club shop etc, citing local concerns/residents' pressure and so on.

I hate saying to people how they should vote but him having thrown his hat into the contest puts Rovers in a situation of having no options but backing him.  

Why are you lining this up for failure. The score here is that it's even a protest. The media need to do their bit though and at least mention it. I don't expect RL or LT to though. I don't expect this to get thousands of votes and even if it did, I don't expect the council to talk much notice directly. The issue for the council here (and Hollern) is the damage that the Rao family have done and continue to do to the reputation of this town. As the owners of a club bearing the town's name, they should be required to meet with the council and explain their actions. Or declare the use of the town's name publically withdrawn meaning that the club does not have the council's permission to use it as a part of their brand. Even if only a symbolic gesture rather than anything legal.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

What a load of hysterical rubbish.

17 hours ago, Stuart said:

Why are you lining this up for failure. The score here is that it's even a protest. The media need to do their bit though and at least mention it. I don't expect RL or LT to though. I don't expect this to get thousands of votes and even if it did, I don't expect the council to talk much notice directly. The issue for the council here (and Hollern) is the damage that the Rao family have done and continue to do to the reputation of this town. As the owners of a club bearing the town's name, they should be required to meet with the council and explain their actions. Or declare the use of the town's name publically withdrawn meaning that the club does not have the council's permission to use it as a part of their brand. Even if only a symbolic gesture rather than anything legal.

After Rock FM's exclusive last Friday, Radio Lancashire's Phil Cunliffe is interviewing Duncan on Thursday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

After Rock FM's exclusive last Friday, Radio Lancashire's Phil Cunliffe is interviewing Duncan on Thursday.

Let's see what the line of questioning is. The is the chance for the local media to give a platform for the protest message.

Let's hope it's not an attempt to quiz Duncan on his policies for taxation and schooling in order to embarrass and undermine the message.

Good luck Duncan and team.

Just now, 47er said:

Has the LT mentioned either Duncan Millar standing for election or Venkys being raided by the tax authorities? If not what use is it?

As a cost cutting measure the hard copy can be ripped into smaller pieces and nailed to the bog door as arse wipe.:rover:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.