BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Won't sell to locals..

I come in peace..

Last Tuesday marked 30 years since the " Orient game ", when we retained our League status on the last day of the season, so we've experienced more than our share of lows. I've followed your forum for a couple of years & have a good few mates who are Rovers fans.  As Billy Connolly said, " We've all got the same disease, just different strains ! "..

One thing occurs to me regarding the two Ians..

When the Venky's bought the Club from the Walker Trust, I understand that Richard Matthewman, Jack's son in law & a Rovers director played a instrumental role in negotiating the sale. He resigned as a Director from the Rovers board on 9th June 2011. He's now Chief Executive of Northcote Leisure, owners of  " Northcote at the Rovers ", and is also a non-Executive Director of Seneca Partners, the Company of which both Ian Currie & Ian Battersby are Directors..

If you were the Venky's looking in, after the disaster that has been their ownership, costing them however many millions and damage to their business reputation, and saw that name linked with your potential buyers, I suspect you'd be wary, at best !

I see some on here are doubting Ian Battersby's intentions, I worked for the same organisation as him some years ago and I can assure you that if you cut that man in half, he'd bleed Blue and White ! Your cause could have no better advocate...

When the Clarets were at their lowest ebb, at least we were owned and led by people who were essentially " fans " , of the Club. It shouldn't be too much to ask for any supporter, that this be the case..

I wish you the best of luck in getting your Club back !! 

The Venkys were fed by Shagnew etc a pack of lies saying local businessmen were funding and stirring up protests and Kean out years ago or so we were told. Factor in their sheer arrogance that they are never to blame, have done nothing wrong and been generous enough to somehow provide funding for their failing venture so we should be grateful.

It's everybody else's fault and they'd probably be loathe to see someone else walk in and turn it around which a British organisation surely would as it would show their sheer incompetence even further. Two of many reasons they might not sell to proper people although unless a real offer goes on the table we' ll never actually know !

every credit Claret for coming on here.

Your club is the example of how BRFC were successfully run until 6 yrs ago. BFC deserve every credit for how they are East Lancs top dogs.

We at Ewood, despite our rivalry, wish you all the best

Speak for yourself 1864!

I suppose there's some kind of grudging respect on a pure football level, however my feelings are one of overwhelming frustration that they are proving that well run town clubs can survive in the Premier League. 

I last Sunday in MCR watched the game against Brentford live with my best pal, any guesses for whom his team is? Burnley! lad is Padiham through and through.

Couldn't have wished for a better pal though to watch it with and in general! He was as @#/? off as me watching it! Rivalry, banter it's all gone.

I wish burnley the very best as i do with Wigan and Bolton, i don't even usually notice PNE but them too but i've never looked at them as a near rival.

I work in the same office as a Dingle, he's been nothing but magnanimous to my face, but I can see by the semi smirk he sports that he'll be laughing his c*** off back at his desk.

Any local will tell you that it IS still a rivalry, Dingle hatred of BRFC is visceral, we dominated them for decades, so they will crow for all its worth.

No Rovers fan can be as comfortable as dunnfc seems to be about Burnley and PNE riding high whilst we descend into lower League purgatory.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

I work in the same office as a Dingle, he's been nothing but magnanimous to my face, but I can see by the semi smirk he sports that he'll be laughing his c*** off back at his desk.

Any local will tell you that it IS still a rivalry, Dingle hatred of BRFC is visceral, we dominated them for decades, so they will crow for all its worth.

No Rovers fan can be as comfortable as dunnfc seems to be about Burnley and PNE riding high whilst we descend into lower League purgatory.

I've not yet spoken to our resident dingle since last Sunday. Despite him being a good bloke, I know what he really thinks about it all. He's made up. I'd be very wary of any Bumley fan 'in peace'. Make no mistake, they are delighted.

But to be fair, I'd be glad if it was the other way around.

Agreed. We would be lapping it up if the dingles went on such a downward spiral. Although the dingles have never really been at our level before the last few years so any downward spiral to them would be seen as status quo.

Come guys we have had 35yrs of taking the proverbial out of them now its a bit of payback for them, of course they are going to Lord it over us they have known nothing else for such a long time.

Remember, burnley have never spanked us since the rot set it, the odd 1 goal wins whereas we have witnessed a 5-1 pasting as well as some tasty wins on t'urd ! Who will ever forget the Easter slaughter at Ewood?

We as Rovers fans have to learn to take it (a  bit!).

for now though we are serious also rans to many in the North West because of one reason only

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course we have to take it, after all we rubbed their noses in it for decades, but not sure why that means we 'wish them well'?

Absolutely right.

It stands to reason they will rub our noses in our current situation after the last however long, but I absolutely do not wish them well at all!

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Come guys we have had 35yrs of taking the proverbial out of them now its a bit of payback for them, of course they are going to Lord it over us they have known nothing else for such a long time.

Remember, burnley have never spanked us since the rot set it, the odd 1 goal wins whereas we have witnessed a 5-1 pasting as well as some tasty wins on t'urd ! Who will ever forget the Easter slaughter at Ewood?

We as Rovers fans have to learn to take it (a  bit!).

for now though we are serious also rans to many in the North West because of one reason only

5-0 actually, don't be giving them a goal, it is bad enough as it is.

Let them enjoy their 5 mins and just remember they are Burnley Dingles and most of them are and always have been wind and urine merchants who mouth when it suits then disappear when the boots on the other foot. If you lit a match outside Turf Moor on game day half of them would melt let's be honest around 40% of those turning up now have been nowhere near the place before they have their very own plastics.

Time to give them the crowd nonsense they gave us for decades, all together now "where were you when......"

Within the next decade or less they'll be back scabbling about in the lower championship on sub 10k crowds it's their natural level. Good old Kilby & Ingleby will have withdrawn to the background pockets full.

Feck em !

• Backroom

My missus's dad is a dingle, but a decent one:

'Your dad will tell your kids about the time Rovers won the league with the SAS, and I'll tell them about the time we got above you at just the right time with Charlie Austin. I think he's won that.'

If over the next 20 years Burnley stay in the top division and we don't get there at all then Dingles will just about reach our total of number of years in the top division.

They will not. The first season their home form drops they will be relegated. I expect it to be next season.

And they will never win the PL. Never ever ever. Just fancy living with that knowledge all your life and knowing that we have.

Archived