BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] SUMMER ....A MASS OF ACTIVITY!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, davefarnworth said:

My mate said something similar about Forest Green tonight. Ground sharing I think he said in jest. At least Brady is dead. Don't wish that much on our caring owners but fingers crossed 

Griffin here we come. 

Forest Green being held up as some fairytale story is bull. They had a wage bill of nearly 2.5 million quid this year, spent 175k on agents alone, that figure is the average salary costs for 6 months in that league. They've got an operating loss of around 3 million quid. When mi'laddo loses interest they will go bang. 

As for our activity, retained list needs to be out by Saturday. Should be interesting.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Forget anything football other than wheels falling off waggons for at least until Friday.

Then watch the waggon itself disintegrate.

Is this due to the news of the accountants being at Ewood? Is it a serious issue or something routine and planned?

This is the 6 million dollar question. We'll know soon enough...

I am already jumping to the idea of a sustained challenge to the so called guardians of the game, should they impose a 15 point penalty for offences, which they refused to hear about, despite attempts of supporters.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

This is the 6 million dollar question. We'll know soon enough...

I am already jumping to the idea of a sustained challenge to the so called guardians of the game, should they impose a 15 point penalty for offences, which they refused to hear about, despite attempts of supporters.

Philipl predicted that Jerome Anderson would wreck the club before Venkys even took over so I take what he says very seriously. Going by what he says it looks like the end game is finally upon us.

However traumatic it is, if there is a chance for the club to survive AND be rid of Venkys forever then surely it is a good thing. ( And I say that with full knowledge of the likely devastating effects)

Just now, Randy_Synge said:

Philipl predicted that Jerome Anderson would wreck the club before Venkys even took over so I take what he says very seriously. Going by what he says it looks like the end game is finally upon us.

However traumatic it is, if there is a chance for the club to survive AND be rid of Venkys forever then surely it is a good thing. ( And I say that with full knowledge of the likely devastating effects)

Absolutely....The Exorcism!

Trouble is I remember Frs Merrin and Karras both died in the process!

What is the Latin for "Fck off and die, Venky's and your cohorts!"?

27 minutes ago, gumboots said:

KPMG and Deloitte's both in for 4 weeks each on an operational review excluding deep financial analysis?

Is it normal to have 2 doing the same? If this was a lending bank or potential buyer perhaps I could understand it.

Any idea how much 8 weeks of big 4 will cost?

Expect no transfer in activity for the foreseeable future.

Expect TM to resign within 2 weeks.

No mention or quote by Cheston? Has he been heard of since the Supporters meeting? He was due on Radio Lancs the week after IB and Nixon.

It appears that the cost of this is £850K. The full facts about this are not printed in this article, I am pretty certain of that. We are either looking at a sale, or the club is about to go into administration. One thing is for certain, we can put the promotion party on hold and hope we don't get relegated again, as this club is on the brink.

Just now, lraC said:

It appears that the cost of this is £850K. The full facts about this are not printed in this article, I am pretty certain of that. We are either looking at a sale, or the club is about to go into administration. One thing is for certain, we can put the promotion party on hold and hope we don't get relegated again, as this club is on the brink.

Something out of the ordinary is going to happen. You don't bring big guns like those two in just on a whim. If I was anybody at Ewood and I mean anybody I'd be looking for a new job ASAP.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Something out of the ordinary is going to happen. You don't bring big guns like those two in just on a whim. If I was anybody at Ewood and I mean anybody I'd be looking for a new job ASAP.

These two firms can only come to one conclusion and that is the business is insolvent. The work done by posters on here, already demonstrates that, so why money would be spent on these two firms to confirm it, is anyone's guess. Perhaps the Bank of India have requested it, who knows? One thing for sure, the fans will not be told the truth about it, hence it is a good idea to keep your money in you pocket at the minute. I know some have bought season tickets already but the 700 that have, may have no team to support yet.

I know nothing about this kind of thing and rely on several posters on here for guidance, - but I am pretty sure you don't need those two giants with their associated costs, just to tell the owners where to cut costs.

Don't worry, they are only here to look at efficiencies. The stationery embargo alone will save tens of pounds.

I've thought of an efficiency - don't spend £850k on consultants to tell you the bleeding obvious.

I've just thought of another one - sell the @#/? club!

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You certainly dont need 2 big guns just for an operational review over a 4 week period.

One may be acting for Vs and one for a buyer.

I hope not as that scenario may suggest an existing Vs and buyer link.

Just now, philipl said:

You don't spend £850k on big name accountants on efficiency at a £20m turnover business.. If you are called Venky's you might do but then you would have other motives in mind...

Just now, philipl said:

You don't spend £850k on big name accountants on efficiency at a £20m turnover business.. If you are called Venky's you might do but then you would have other motives in mind...

Just how gullible are the LT???

jesus , pedalling the line that there are no planned reductions in headcount and it's about efficiencies!!

do us all a favour and grow a pair. Pedalling that sh1te and being Venkys apologists will bust their newspaper. If they rowed in and supported the fans/ readers they might actually stand a chance .

I once got made redundant from my job working for a high street music retailer. Deloitte where the administrators who where brought in to liquidate our assets at the time- I remember being made to pack CDs in to boxes while a henchman from Deloitte watched; it was one of the most demoralising experiences of my life.

But according to the LT we don't have anything to worry about, so im not suggesting that anyone at Ewood will suffer a similar fate. :unsure:

Archived