BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] SUMMER ....A MASS OF ACTIVITY!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Financially I don't see how Rovers can continue to function with the size of their debts and being in league one. Venky's need to sell immediately, but like everything they have done it will be a torturous process. 

My sympathies to Rover's fans. What has been allowed to occur is an absolute travesty. 

Something major going on here, hope it's not another false alarm.  These people don't come cheap, I would reckon you would pay something like has been estimated above for this as each firm will pour several highly paid consultants into it and charge the club about £5K per consultant per day.  With 4 people each that would come to £800K so seems reasonable.  that's probably being conservative actually as they usually throw a partner in as well at an exorbitant cost.  

You don't get 2 firms to do this in normal circumstances so must be either selling up, putting into liquidation or looking for what they can sell off before doing a runner.  Either way it's major.  Why pay all this out if it's just about cost cutting?

We've had so many false dawns though that I'm not getting my hopes up until the door closes behind them.

Hopefully at the very least these expensive and highly respected accountants will spell out in no uncertain terms just what a disaster relegation is and how the financial situation really is irretrievable. They can try to move deckchairs around by sacking off some cleaners or changing stationary suppliers but that won't cover the cost of relegation.

Hopefully since they are paying so much for these accountants they will respect what they say and then call it a day, realise what they are facing here and clear off.

One of my good friends happens to work for KPMG so I sent him the link to the story.

His response was "very much seems to be restructuring of some sort, probably for administration purposes. If not, you are about to have some very severe cost cutting."

Toytown Newspaper reports that Porter Matthews & Marsden (local chartered accountants) go in and undertake an audit every four months anyway. They are a highly respectable firm who should be capable of getting to grips with just what Venky's need to know. The fact that the 'Big Two' are now also involved does indicate that something very serious is afoot.

21 minutes ago, ffan said:

Financially I don't see how Rovers can continue to function with the size of their debts and being in league one. Venky's need to sell immediately, but like everything they have done it will be a torturous process. 

My sympathies to Rover's fans. What has been allowed to occur is an absolute travesty. 

Why are you on here? Your team are playing, or can't you bear to watch? Lol

10 hours ago, gumboots said:

Why are you on here? Your team are playing, or can't you bear to watch? Lol

Bizzare that. Now I'm questioning the legitimacy. :P

I can never get my head around why people post on other clubs forums, on topics unrelated to them.

Maybe that's just me. 

• Backroom
44 minutes ago, A cup of beans said:

Bizzare that. Now I'm questioning the legitimacy. :P

I can never get my head around why people post on other clubs forums, on topics unrelated to them.

Maybe that's just me. 

Don't dismiss them, anyonetaking an interest in our club on here is also learning about our plight!

Cairney will be in the Premiership next year anyway, probably a few more Fulham players too. That's the problem with doing well, but not quiet making it. 

Stam has done some job at Reading. A great appointment there. Appointing good ex pros doesn't always work out as well. Of the remaining teams, I would like to see them go up. Have done it on a sensible budget too. Sheffield Wednesday will be in trouble if they don't go up I reckon. 

53 minutes ago, preston blue said:

FFan has been on here many times over the years and has always posted some decent stuff.  He has a wider knowledge of football than his own team and appears to have a keen interest in Rovers.  I would welcome more like him.

I wasn't having a go at him. I know he's been around for a good many years. Was just surprised to see him here last night of all nights

25 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Cairney will be in the Premiership next year anyway, probably a few more Fulham players too. That's the problem with doing well, but not quiet making it. 

Stam has done some job at Reading. A great appointment there. Appointing good ex pros doesn't always work out as well. Of the remaining teams, I would like to see them go up. Have done it on a sensible budget too. Sheffield Wednesday will be in trouble if they don't go up I reckon. 

Reading and Fulham were scrapping around with us last season in the bottom half. A new manager in place, some time to get their ethos across and some solid business in the transfer window and they're both in the top 6. We could have done the same had we operated like them but the policy here was to appoint a clown as manager and strip the squad bare.

Fulham have just missed out but you can bet they will be looking to next season to go one better. They'll fight tooth and nail to keep their best players and if they do have to sell will reinvest the cash into quality replacements. We just put the for sale sign up over our player's heads and pocketed all the dosh.

On 2017-05-15 at 17:52, JHRover said:

When you see Bury, who have just avoided relegation to League Two, busy away signing players in May like Jermaine Beckford in preparation for next season and then you look at Rovers who appear to be paralysed once again, then at this stage it looks like we'll be in for a rough season.

Now I'm not saying I would be signing Beckford if I was running Rovers. But what it shows is that a club the size of Bury, who we will be competing against next season, are showing more interest and better preparation already.

It appears to me that we're no further on than we were this time last week. Question marks over the manager, no idea what budget we'll have, no idea which players will be poached and which will be pushed out to pay the bills, no out of contract players committing to the club, no pre-season schedule or training camp arranged, the list goes on.

I expect when we're lagging behind Bury and Rochdale next season there'll still be some saying that we can't expect better. Next rung on the ladder will by Stanley and Morecambe, then Salford and Fylde.

And I think the reason behind the inactivity is plain and simple: the so-called owners don't care. They have no clue about how it should be handled, but mostly, they don't give a @#/? about this once proud club.

In retrospective, as soon as the uttered the phrase about how excited they were about what Rovers could do for their own brand (and not vice versa) we should have shown them the door.

Well, at least some very shady people made a lot of money at the expense of the club,..

On 5/14/2017 at 22:31, tomphil said:

Why haven't the local paper or radio stations tracked down Paul Senior and asked for an interview or at least asked him why he allegedly jacked in ????

I'm guessing he negotiated an exit package that included a clause preventing him for disclosing the terms of his exit or anything commercially sensitive 

I cant begin to guess at the outcome of the goings on at Ewood at the moment...........

but what does concern me greatly is that if these accountants are there for 4 weeks or so,  and lets say another 4 weeks to reach a conclusion and produce reports......where does that leave our planning for next season on the pitch?

It puts us in limbo and another summer of - if ,butts and maybes!!

1 hour ago, sw0808 said:

I cant begin to guess at the outcome of the goings on at Ewood at the moment...........

but what does concern me greatly is that if these accountants are there for 4 weeks or so,  and lets say another 4 weeks to reach a conclusion and produce reports......where does that leave our planning for next season on the pitch?

It puts us in limbo and another summer of - if ,butts and maybes!!

Since 2010, how many summers have been wasted, leaving the team unprepared for the start of the season?

Fit for purpose, my a***!

Archived