BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] SUMMER ....A MASS OF ACTIVITY!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McClarky said:

Presuming that without Senior there is no one in a position to make a call on the out of contract players.  

As the tumbleweed edges closer to Ewood....

Who will be doing these negotiations? Like is there literally nobody? Will Mowbray be doing it? This is very worrying.

Actually , I am surprised people on here are so calm. Have we all just resigned ourselves tot he fact that we are completely powerless? If Mowbray walks it is guaranteed that we won't be getting promoted next season. 

Well, we are powerless.  we can't do anything to bring in players, reassure those that are here, give the manager funds or whatever.  Doesn't mean we are really calm.  were panicking inside and a lot of people are doing a lot behind the scenes to try to make sure we have some kind of future, wherever it may be.  But what's the point of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth on here.  We are where we are and waiting to find out where we will be

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who will be doing these negotiations? Like is there literally nobody? Will Mowbray be doing it? This is very worrying.

Actually , I am surprised people on here are so calm. Have we all just resigned ourselves tot he fact that we are completely powerless? If Mowbray walks it is guaranteed that we won't be getting promoted next season. 

Forget about promotion. Have a look at the relegation odds and then ask yourself if any other club will be going into next season surrounded by such chaos, uncertainty and mismanagement.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Welcome to our world.  Us longer-in-the-tooth supporters have been through this for the past 6 years+ and tried all sorts but been completely powerless.  It does absolutely no good to get worked up.  Suggestions always welcome and let's hope the WMC crew have some good ideas.  In the meantime, it sounds like you're re-tuning to our reality.

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As they like to say in Istanbul:

'Welcome to Hell'

1 hour ago, Neil Weaver said:

Welcome to our world.  Us longer-in-the-tooth supporters have been through this for the past 6 years+ and tried all sorts but been completely powerless.  It does absolutely no good to get worked up.  Suggestions always welcome and let's hope the WMC crew have some good ideas.  In the meantime, it sounds like you're re-tuning to our reality.

I have supported the club for 20 plus years, so I know all too well what has gone on here. This current situation has a different feel to it though. Whereas before we were in the Championship, with some pretty big clubs, we are now in a division where I would imagine most of us would have paid very attention to over the years. Not only are we in this division, but it looks like we are in for a rough season there. 

When you see Bury, who have just avoided relegation to League Two, busy away signing players in May like Jermaine Beckford in preparation for next season and then you look at Rovers who appear to be paralysed once again, then at this stage it looks like we'll be in for a rough season.

Now I'm not saying I would be signing Beckford if I was running Rovers. But what it shows is that a club the size of Bury, who we will be competing against next season, are showing more interest and better preparation already.

It appears to me that we're no further on than we were this time last week. Question marks over the manager, no idea what budget we'll have, no idea which players will be poached and which will be pushed out to pay the bills, no out of contract players committing to the club, no pre-season schedule or training camp arranged, the list goes on.

I expect when we're lagging behind Bury and Rochdale next season there'll still be some saying that we can't expect better. Next rung on the ladder will by Stanley and Morecambe, then Salford and Fylde.

Just now, JHRover said:

When you see Bury, who have just avoided relegation to League Two, busy away signing players in May like Jermaine Beckford in preparation for next season and then you look at Rovers who appear to be paralysed once again, then at this stage it looks like we'll be in for a rough season.

Now I'm not saying I would be signing Beckford if I was running Rovers. But what it shows is that a club the size of Bury, who we will be competing against next season, are showing more interest and better preparation already.

It appears to me that we're no further on than we were this time last week. Question marks over the manager, no idea what budget we'll have, no idea which players will be poached and which will be pushed out to pay the bills, no out of contract players committing to the club, no pre-season schedule or training camp arranged, the list goes on.

I expect when we're lagging behind Bury and Rochdale next season there'll still be some saying that we can't expect better. Next rung on the ladder will by Stanley and Morecambe, then Salford and Fylde.

At one time, that last paragraph would have been one dismissed as a joke, but that's very seriously on the horizon.

Just now, lraC said:

At one time, that last paragraph would have been one dismissed as a joke, but that's very seriously on the horizon.

Just now, JHRover said:

"Well, I remember in the 70s when we were playing........................................ " and so on will be the words coming out of the mouths of certain 'fans'. A small mentality from small brained folk I say.

What makes it even more unbearable about our demise is the acceptance. It is slow but it will come. When we first got relegated to the Championship there was uproar. After a while it became normal and people started to excuse our lack of progress by mentioning our bad times decades ago. It's just a defeatist mentality and something that allows leaches like Cheston & co to survive. As you say it won't be long before the same happens again in League 1. How dare us lowly, small time Blackburn expect to beat clubs like Bury!!!

"You obviously weren't there back when........" blah blah blah.

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I have supported the club for 20 plus years, so I know all too well what has gone on here. This current situation has a different feel to it though. Whereas before we were in the Championship, with some pretty big clubs, we are now in a division where I would imagine most of us would have paid very attention to over the years. Not only are we in this division, but it looks like we are in for a rough season there. 

And plenty of people on here have been saying since Venkys rocked up or even before that this was where it was heading. So it doesn't feel different. It's the culmination of all that's gone before

Just now, JHRover said:

Quite but from experience of the last few years, fully expected. It's so infuriating to have read the 'Bullsh!t Club Statement' the other day saying they were already underway with ensuring we would be on our way back to the Championship, or words to that effect. Cheston needs to be hauled on to the Town Hall steps and made to explain himself and be quite specific in telling us what has already been done. Yet again the club is insulting our intelligence.

They don't think we have any, that's why. In the world of people like Cheston they are superior and the rest of us are cretins. The fact that many of us are highly qualified in a wide range of fields escapes them. We're not Mike Cheston so we must be thick

Just now, gumboots said:

They don't think we have any, that's why. In the world of people like Cheston they are superior and the rest of us are cretins. The fact that many of us are highly qualified in a wide range of fields escapes them. We're not Mike Cheston so we must be thick

Helped in no way by our local paper and local radio station. If it wasn't for sites like this one and the various groups who are trying to fight them, we would have been driven out of existence by now.

34 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Fylde leap-frogged us.

Just now, lraC said:

Helped in no way by our local paper and local radio station. If it wasn't for sites like this one and the various groups who are trying to fight them, we would have been driven out of existence by now.

As far as I'm concerned the local media are complicit in what has happened at Ewood. The money made from advertising more important than the truth.

But the sad thing is that all news publications have gone the same way. But you have to ultimately blame the readers. The business model should be to get people to pay the same money that they would have paid for the paper on their mobile or PC. Instead, smart old Joe Public thinks "haha I'm not paying for news - I can read it for free online - suckers!!" (much how he thinks about downloading thieving music or streaming thieving films). What happens? The people who produce this stuff accept this is the market and go to an advertising-paid model - and in doing so become a slave to corporate greed (or they charge ridiculous lock-in fees). The free press is now the enslaved press. Told what to print and what to say by the companies who are putting the most money in. It's a fine line between commerce and corruption. That line is even more blurred when the editor acquiesces to three words:

"Please take out".

3 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Don't think we will have any news for two weeks. Think then it'll be game up.

A long summer but a better future hopefully.

And what makes you think that? Is it just wishful thinking?

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

As far as I'm concerned the local media are complicit in what has happened at Ewood. The money made from advertising more important than the truth.

But the sad thing is that all news publications have gone the same way. But you have to ultimately blame the readers. The business model should be to get people to pay the same money that they would have paid for the paper on their mobile or PC. Instead, smart old Joe Public thinks "haha I'm not paying for news - I can read it for free online - suckers!!" (much how he thinks about downloading thieving music or streaming thieving films). What happens? The people who produce this stuff accept this is the market and go to an advertising-paid model - and in doing so become a slave to corporate greed (or they charge ridiculous lock-in fees). The free press is now the enslaved press. Told what to print and what to say by the companies who are putting the most money in. It's a fine line between commerce and corruption. That line is even more blurred when the editor acquiesces to three words:

"Please take out".

They've adopted the Venkys mindset of ignore the serious situation s pretend they aren't happening and carry on. Trotting out the Venkys statement yet again today as if it's a genuine reasurrance or something.

No wonder they are employing kids to trott this crap out and toe the line but the most bizarre thing is those who actually buy into this propaganda. 

They are a useless disgrace.

Just now, tomphil said:

They've adopted the Venkys mindset of ignore the serious situation s pretend they aren't happening and carry on. Trotting out the Venkys statement yet again today as if it's a genuine reasurrance or something.

No wonder they are employing kids to trott this crap out and toe the line but the most bizarre thing is those who actually buy into this propaganda. 

They are a useless disgrace.

Wonder how the LT will go on if Rovers were to pull advertising?

Just now, Stuart said:

Wonder how the LT will go on if Rovers were to pull advertising?

I hope they've got their invoices in early this month !   Watch em do a 360 if they get cut out of the loop due to budget slashing accountants.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I hope they've got their invoices in early this month !   Watch em do a 360 if they get cut out of the loop due to budget slashing accountants.

Ye mean a 180 - if they did 360 they'd still be spouting the same old shyte. But yes, it is a point well made - they won't bite the hand that feeds them, but I'd guess they might take a chunk out of any fingers withholding payment. Let's hope we see that day soon.

COYB Come Back You Blues!!

Archived