BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> The Demise of Blackburn Rovers Under Venky's - Part 1

• Kamy100 featured, pinned and unpinned this topic

Very well written.

Every episode is going to be bringing a horrible painful year back to the front of the memory plus the contentious stuff which has been in Glen's blog and the even more contentious stuff...

Read it hiding behind the sofa with tears running down my face.

Read sams autobiograohy and it mentions how sam rang kean up after he was appointed and said "you did this to me you @#/?. You went behind my back. Dont deny it" threatened to get him back for it. Kean @#/? himself. They have never spoken to one another since.

Horrible horrible reading but an excellent piece. I would urge any newbie to the site to read this. Better still, it should be made into leaflets and handed out to fans.

Hard not to feel angry even now about the lip-licker. Will never forgive him for the part he played.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Horrible horrible reading but an excellent piece. I would urge any newbie to the site to read this. Better still, it should be made into leaflets and handed out to fans.

Hard not to feel angry even now about the lip-licker. Will never forgive him for the part he played.

The worst if it is compared to what has happened in subsequent seasons this was about as good as it got under Venky's!

• Backroom

Thanks for the comments guys. This was like going back to a tragic novel that I've read over and over, most of it was scarily easy to recall. I had forgotten how much Venky's talked at the start of their reign. Desai in particular had a comment for everything, then suddenly went silent.

2011-12 will be a big effort. So much happened during that horrific season. If anybody wants to remind me of events, articles or anything else from that season that I might overlook, please feel free to PM me or leave a comment here. There's so much to cover that any help will definitely be appreciated. Cheers! 

• Like 4

Well written, but feel ill after reading it.  It really is a movie script when all pieces are in place.

I'm still waiting for Sacha Baron Cohen to appear as a new alter ego that he has been playing in the background for the past 7 years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.