BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Retained List

Just now, tomphil said:

We can't really cry over any of these lot the likes of Lowe, Akpan, Guthrie etc have all been pivitol in our demise they either aren't good enough or haven't done enough. It really is time for a clear out as to see them coasting it in league 1 on ten grand per week is asking for more bother you know they won't take us up the winning battling game after game mentality just isn't in their DNA.

Way way over generous contracts a symptom of agents running the show and owners not giving a toss has dumped us where we are strand most of this squad has been complicit to it. Also a hangover from Bowyers only sign nice lads policy so it really is time for a clear out and the only thing making us wish we might have hung on to a few is the fear of what comes next not the fact any of the departed are actually much good.

Whoever comes in its time for a new mentality as the previous one will see us struggle massively in this rough house division.

I never thought of this, but its very accurate. Put Joey Barton or someone like that center mid in that team instead of Williamson or Lowe and we would have made the play offs at least. 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wonder what would happen them if they did 

It is highly unlikely, during the Kean era many players would voice their opinion privately but not in any way publicly. I would imagine they would be in breach of contract, and given this is football it's not seen as wise to speak out against the establishment of corruption we all know exists.  Look no further than Mike Newell as an example of this.

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Hard to tell. Isn't he half American? Wouldn't surprise me if he picked up a club in the States or abroad. Given his injury issues and light frame he's not really cut out for English football IMO.

I'm not really sure he's cut out for football, never mind just English.

A pretty good clear out. We won't miss any. For the first time in a long time there's very little overpaid dross in the squad. Unfortunately there's no quality either, Mulgrew and a couple of others excepted. 

Hopefully Mowbray is given the time and money this summer to bring in the 10 players needed that can be part of a squad capable of challenging for a play-off spot.

Whatever else happens we need a manager and a team by August.

The youngsters being offered terms is to ensure we get compensation should they turn it down. To trigger comp all you have to do is offer a new contract on no less terms. If they turn it down and sign for someone else we still get compo/development fees. Probs a few hundred grand between the players offered terms (excluding Mahoney who will get more).

9 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Won't be difficult to get into the side come August by the looks of things.

Depends if he can be bothered staying down here, staying sober and training regularly. I wouldn't put money on it.

39 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

The youngsters being offered terms is to ensure we get compensation should they turn it down. To trigger comp all you have to do is offer a new contract on no less terms. If they turn it down and sign for someone else we still get compo/development fees. Probs a few hundred grand between the players offered terms (excluding Mahoney who will get more).

If Mahoney has to be offered equal or better terms to ensure we get comp, then surely that makes a mockery of him taking a paycut due to relegation??

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If Mahoney has to be offered equal or better terms to ensure we get comp, then surely that makes a mockery of him taking a paycut due to relegation??

Mahoney is on very low wages though and is looking for a lot more as a senior squad player. We've made an offer so anyone who comes in has to pay us compo for him.

As some have said its the first time in years our club isn't cluttered with a load of dross. Under any other regime Mowbray would be relishing the rebuilding task. The likes of Conway Graham and Mulgrew would go well mixed with a bit of youth but we NEED a good few additions too add to that and we have no money to make those additions and when Mowbray walks we'll be stuck with no manager and a scarily low amount of first team players all looking to get out of the club. Scary summer ahead indeed.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Get doing your research about agents. Thought you would already know

Needless dig there Chaddy.  Man well and truly played.

As for the released list, no complaints if we replaced sensibly but it's not going to happen.

Just now, Hasta said:

Needless dig there Chaddy.  Man well and truly played.

As for the released list, no complaints if we replaced sensibly but it's not going to happen.

I never take Chaddy's side but I will here. JAL never contributes anything to this board other than asking who our players' agents are. He's got serious issues, even more than the Chadster himself I'd say :lol: 

Archived