BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Retained List

Just now, harryhealless1928 said:

Do we really need to replace most of them?

When you consider the LACK of protection afforded the defence by our midfield all season,will the academy youngsters be any worse? Hardly.and at least they wont be clutching the treatment table.

The midfield lacked the ability to protect the back four as well as the ability to get forward and score anything like a significant number of goals. You don't need to look any further for the reasons why we finished where we did.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We seriously need some good news.

Mowbray signing an improved contract isn't it. Mahoney signing a new deal isn't it. A couple of youngsters stepping up isn't it. These are minor in the scheme of things.

Shirt of a new owner coming in, we need to bring in three players that can immediately improve the first team and make an impact on League One.

Really don't want to be hearing folk waxing lyrical about how we might not have good players but at least the give 100%. 100% application of 40% ability is still a 40% player.

We are super screwed....Grayson is not good enough and never has been.  I have seen him since he was U13 as his school (basically some posh football type related to rovers/citeh school in Clitheroe which he attended with Mols and Curran), they got beat by one particular school in Leyland consistently. in the latter stages of lancashire cup..There were at least half a dozen better lads in the Leyland school team better than all 3.  But they didnt have the right connections.

If them lads are good enough to make a pro, I can show you half a dozen lads  who arr better playing in the Lancashire Sunday Youth League.

The type of clear out that was needed.

some big money being saved and some real trash being let go. I would have kept Guthrie, when fit he is a midfielder worth his weight in gold.

I don't see Rovers being able to Keep Evans, he wont want to drop down the league due to his International issues.

If the wages mentioned is correct then Lowe and Henley simply had to be let go. Decent players at this level but  their contribution doesnt match the wages. Guthrie is a good player but isnt someone we can expect 35+ games a season from. We need to have players that can play consistently

If Lowe was such a great lad, care for the club Rovers lover then he'd have said i offer to sign a 12 month 5 k a week deal to try and get this club i've captained into league 1 back up again.

He's had a real comfy set up at Rovers somehow being an automatic choice throughout his time whenever fit but despite often poor form. A good ambitious manager would have had him starting on the bench yesrs ago.

Best of luck to him someone in the champ will snap him up he's a handy utility man but i would think he'll have to take a pay cut. Then again a Dyche or a Pulis might see him as good value at 15k per week for a Prem squad.

Football eh .......

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Henley was certainly not a good player at this level.

He looked a shell of a player by the start of this season.

Henley was let down by the club to some degree imo. His weaknesses were never addressed. He should have been loaned out to the lower leagues a while ago to toughen up. Playing badly in the first team hindered his development, much like it did with Jake Kean and David Raya. It makes you wonder how much better Lenihan and Mahoney might be if they had a decent club to manage them beyond the youth set up. I suppose we'll see soon enough with the latter.

14 hours ago, Stuart said:

We seriously need some good news.

Mowbray signing an improved contract isn't it. Mahoney signing a new deal isn't it. A couple of youngsters stepping up isn't it. These are minor in the scheme of things.

Shirt of a new owner coming in, we need to bring in three players that can immediately improve the first team and make an impact on League One.

Really don't want to be hearing folk waxing lyrical about how we might not have good players but at least the give 100%. 100% application of 40% ability is still a 40% player.

I couldn't agree less.

You only need to look at Burton Albion to see where team spirit, stability and the execution of a strategy take you.

19 hours ago, MikeRovers said:

Good riddance to Lowe

Short sighted claptrap

Plenty said the same when Sherwood left, then spent the next 10yrs telling everyone they always liked him and never wanted him to leave and you're not alone Mike.

Jbizzle has just mentioned on another thread that Lowe was one of the very few players over the past few seasons that has the right attitude, I agree. He never faked injury, he never refused to play, he didn't get fat or couldn't be arsed, he gives everything week in week out, a rare breed in the modern game.

Nobody's saying he's the best player at the club, nobody's saying he should be guaranteed a place every week, but you need players like Lowe in the side and we'll miss him next season.

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Short sighted claptrap

Plenty said the same when Sherwood left, then spent the next 10yrs telling everyone they always liked him and never wanted him to leave and you're not alone Mike.

Jbizzle has just mentioned on another thread that Lowe was one of the very few players over the past few seasons that has the right attitude, I agree. He never faked injury, he never refused to play, he didn't get fat or couldn't be arsed, he gives everything week in week out, a rare breed in the modern game.

Nobody's saying he's the best player at the club, nobody's saying he should be guaranteed a place every week, but you need players like Lowe in the side and we'll miss him next season.

Lowe has every 'hidden attribute' you need to be a footballer. He just lacks the footballing attributes.

Must admit I am glad to see the back of Jason Lowe although you could not fault his effort his football ability was poor and his contribution of goals from midfield was even poorer time to move on and maybe try Willem Tomlinson. 

On 19 May 2017 at 16:49, Gav said:

Short sighted claptrap

Not on the sort of wages he's allegedly on.

On 2017-5-19 at 15:49, Gav said:

Short sighted claptrap

Hear the word the attribute being banded around yet,it's contribute that that the most important word and after a full season with just three attempts at goal from Jason Lowe this says to me that he should have been sacked long before this season as he clearly cant perform at championship level.

Three ##$@$$# shots from a full season !

It's got to be free to watch .......surely !

3 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can't grumble with Lowe's application and commitment. Pretty good on the injury front as well bar one season.  That said, I would say he is a very limited footballer.  Athletic but limited.

That period during his injury was one of the best patches of form Rovers had over the last 5 years. True story.

32 minutes ago, Stuart said:

That period during his injury was one of the best patches of form Rovers had over the last 5 years. True story.

Whilst Guthrie and Evans looked a better pairing against NUFC this year than Lowe has done.

Credit to Lowe though he looked alongside Bennett one of a few who gave a damn in the last 8 games or so.

Not my favourite, don't think he will be missed but best of luck to the lad, seems an honest type.

Archived