BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ex Rovers Players Who Make You Sick

Following the news (good news if you ask me) that the useless lump Leon Best has been released by Ipswich, I got to thinking about players whose presence in the Blue & White halves has made me cringe / angry. Since we have had many a thread celebrating the heroes that have graced Ewood Park, I wondered who your personal nemesis (es) might be?

For me, Leon Best is at the top of the list of AZZHOLEYS giving us a two fingered salute, and who I hope never earns another penny from football.

Next most vile on my list would be the 'legs have gone' farce that was the waste of space Danny 'Pundit my Orse' Murphy.

Make by blood boil, types like that. To think how much money these idiots stole from the club... scandalous, sickening, sad!

Over to you ;)

Venkys - backward stawt

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danny Murphy no1 for me - probably because he is now forced on us as an 'expert'.

David May's career path of Rovers - Man United - Burnley  wasn't very endearing whilst he was a player

Orr was too cocky with his social media posts but doesn't bother me now as you never hear from him.

Just now, Hasta said:

Danny Murphy no1 for me - probably because he is now forced on us as an 'expert'.

David May's career path of Rovers - Man United - Burnley  wasn't very endearing whilst he was a player

Orr was too cocky with his social media posts but doesn't bother me now as you never hear from him.

Orr slagged the fans and praised SK within minutes of our relegation.

The main reason I picked him.

Bradley Orr/Danny Murphy/Duffy are the obvious choices. In paticular Orr. I think I could sit in a room and discuss why I dislike both Murphy and Duffy with them but I couldn't even be in the same building as Orr. Despicable man.

Dickson Etuhu and Hoilett get a mention.

Although David Bentley was good for us the way he engineered his move away from Ewood left a bad taste. In his drunken Sky interview he was essentially saying he had outgrown us and was too good.

I was happy to see him crash and burn at Tottenham.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bentley? Get out of it. Loved him in a rovers shirt. Some great memories around that time. We got great money for him too

My post said he was good for us. I criticised the way he engineered a move away. The money was immaterial as it was never reinvested.

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

My post said he was good for us. I criticised the way he engineered a move away. The money was immaterial as it was never reinvested.

We needed the money to keep the show on the road and it was reinvested in wages and other productive things. We had to take the money, we are a selling club. We sold him for almost 20 times what we signed him for. Incredible business. 

As for being drunk by the pool in that interview, it made me like him even more 

Great player who left when he had to. Rovers legend. 

55 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Although David Bentley was good for us the way he engineered his move away from Ewood left a bad taste. In his drunken Sky interview he was essentially saying he had outgrown us and was too good.

If you had seen his interview on bt sport just over a year ago you may well change your mind. He was a studio pundit for a Spurs game and he was speaking about his career. He stated he had his best time at Rovers, loved the club and the fans. Played his best football with us. Biggest mistake he made in his career was leaving Rovers and joining Spurs. Career nosedived - wished he had stayed with us. Regretted the manner in which he left. Came back to Rovers hoping to resurrect his career but it wasn't the same club (under Venkys)

It was an honest and at times emotive interview. Sure others on here must have seen it.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I was on holiday, when Bentley moved. I have seen references to the way he engineered his move and always meant to ask. .What did he do?

I don't think anyone can criticise David Bentley really. He gave us some inspirational performances and, like anyone with aspirations, wanted to move to something bigger. The move didn't work out for him and unfortunately his career dwindled after that. Much like a lot of other players from around that era of Blackburn Rovers he found the grass isn't always greener.

He certainly can't be mentioned with the likes of some of the names above. Some players over recent years have truly took this club for a ride - they've treated it and the fans terribly and shown little remorse for it. 

Where to start.....under the Loons tenure we have been treated to a whole agent driven succession of trash, many of whom never even graced the Ewood sward. Murphy makes me cringe, and took the Kings ransom to come here and behave and play like a prima donna. Always a big fan of Bentley, and agree he moved on to a London club seeking fame and fortune, but found drink more attractive activities than being a good footballer.

Archived