BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Message from your Venkys Out candidate

Firstly, I’d like to thank everyone for their support so far. The last week has been a bit of a whirlwind, but it’s been great to hear so many people are behind what I’m trying to achieve.

I’m just a fan, like many others, who is trying to do my bit to ensure the future of our club for future generations. The other candidates standing in Blackburn have had a huge head start in this campaign, they also have teams of people and the might of their established political parties behind them.

There are lots of things I’d like to do as part of my campaign - and this is where I need your help…

We need to spread the word - so please tell your friends, family and colleagues about what I’m doing. I’m sure by now you’ve started to receive things through the post from the other candidates - this is something I’d like to do.

I want to contact every single household in Blackburn to help make them aware of the problems we are facing and how I think we can go about righting the wrongs. Obviously there is a significant cost involved in doing so.
Other candidates will be spending upwards of £13,000 to promote their campaigns, my budget is a lot more modest, so I’m appealing to you for help… Any donations towards the printing costs of these campaign leaflets, and towards my ongoing campaign would be greatly appreciated.

You can donate via this link:

https://www.paypal.me/voteduncanmiller

For any donations over £50, please contact me first at drmiller.blackburn@gmail.com or on 07413 206258

Please don't hesitate to get in touch for any reason whatsoever - always open to ideas and suggestions, and happy to answer any questions.

Thanks again for your continued support.

Let’s make Blackburn great again!

#VenkysOut

Duncan

Another way people can help is with the content of the leaflet... 

I'd like some quotes from people as to why they are supporting my campaign. Whether it's because you want Venkys Out, you're disillusioned with party politics, you are concerned for the local community and economy... whatever.

im looking for a couple of sentences to go on the leaflet

The situation at Blackburn Rovers has a striking resemblance to the issue with UK politics, except the distance between the governed and governors is even greater. Give the fans control of our club; give the people control of our towns and cities. Westminster is just as detached from Blackburn as Pune is and neither know, or care about, the needs of its people.

Or, put simply, our club and ordinary British people have one thing in common - we are being neglected by those that consider themselves above us. 

For decades the government has used football for political purposes, and this continues to this day more than ever before.

Makes a nice change that for once politics are being used for football purposes, to try and bring news of our plight to a greater audience.

Duncan just had a few seconds on North west tonight BBC1, it was an article about minority/independent candidates putting up in the election. Considering the total number that usually put up not a bad start as far as publicity goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived