BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Financial Support for General Election Venky's out, save BRFC, save Blackburn candidate

Duncan Miller is standing for election in Blackburn. He understands that the town’s football club and therefore the town’s economy are in a state of emergency, caused by a lethal mixture of neglect, gross incompetence and, allegedly, corruption.  Duncan doesn’t want Blackburn Rovers to die or Blackburn to die with it. 

Could you support Duncan’s campaign that aims for national acknowledgement that Clubs like the Rovers are not to be the plaything of millionaires who grow tired of the love you need to constantly provide them?  Generations of Rovers fans have loved Rovers for 142 years. Generations of Blackburnians have been reliant on the Football Club for employment and trade. Duncan would like to speak out for those people and let the people of India and the whole nation here understand what our current owners are doing to us.

Don’t let them kill our football club and kill our town.

You can support Duncan’s campaign by making a donation of up to £50 to the following PayPal account https://www.paypal.me/voteduncanmiller. Donations over £50 must be declared to the following email address drmiller.blackburn@gmail.com

Thank you.

Just now, EwoodDawn said:

Duncan Miller is standing for election in Blackburn. He understands that the town’s football club and therefore the town’s economy are in a state of emergency, caused by a lethal mixture of neglect, gross incompetence and, allegedly, corruption.  Duncan doesn’t want Blackburn Rovers to die or Blackburn to die with it. 

Could you support Duncan’s campaign that aims for national acknowledgement that Clubs like the Rovers are not to be the plaything of millionaires who grow tired of the love you need to constantly provide them?  Generations of Rovers fans have loved Rovers for 142 years. Generations of Blackburnians have been reliant on the Football Club for employment and trade. Duncan would like to speak out for those people and let the people of India and the whole nation here understand what our current owners are doing to us.

Don’t let them kill our football club and kill our town.

You can support Duncan’s campaign by making a donation of up to £50 to the following PayPal account https://www.paypal.me/voteduncanmiller. Donations over £50 must be declared to the following email address drmiller.blackburn@gmail.com

Thank you.

Love this!!

• Glenn pinned and featured this topic

Had a Labour Party leaflet through the door today with a photograph of Kate Hollern and Michael Doherty of the Supporters Trust.  From the quote by Mr. Doherty, it would appear to be an endorsement for the Labour candidate as it ends with "Kate will continue to fight for the interests of the club and the fans."  Is this the official view of the Trust?  It certainly reads that way.

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

Had a Labour Party leaflet through the door today with a photograph of Kate Hollern and Michael Doherty of the Supporters Trust.  From the quote by Mr. Doherty, it would appear to be an endorsement for the Labour candidate as it ends with "Kate will continue to fight for the interests of the club and the fans."  Is this the official view of the Trust?  It certainly reads that way.

From what I heard, Ms Hollern, herself, asked for the photo after one of the Trust members had his meeting with the sports minister .I guess it would have seemed churlish to refuse. This was several weeks ago-long before the name of Duncan Miller was thrown into the hat.

Surprise, surprise that the photo appears at this time!

Anyway, perhaps it is some kind of result, if our local labour candidate says the Rovers issue is firmly on her agenda...hmmm

Evening everyone...

First and foremost, thanks for all the support and particularly to those who have donated - it is very much appreciated.

This campaign isn't about me - it's about getting the message across loud and clear that we want Venky's Out... we've had some big successes and a real opportunity has presented itself.

I can appoint up to 60 "Count Agents" to oversee activities at King George's on the evening of the 8th/early hours of the 9th.

I've got this vision of 60 blue and whites singing "We want Venkys Out" as the result is announced to the nation on TV...

If you'd like to go to the count, please email me with your name and address ASAP. I literally got the forms in the post today and they need to be in tomorrow.

you can contact me at...

drmiller.blackburn@gmail.com

or on twitter @VoteDMiller

Vote #VenkysOut

7 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Hi ParsonBlue. Yes - that is me. Kate Hollern's office asked me if they could use a quote following our meeting with the Minister for Sport. After some consideration, I said yes as long as they kept it factual. This decision was confirmed by a Trust board meeting. Duncan Miller has done some great work in raising the profile of the campaign for a change of ownership at Rovers. As he has said on a number of occasions, the realistic aim is not to win the seat but to bring publicity to the campaign. We confirmed the quote before Duncan declared as a candidate but even in hindsight I stand by the decision. To explain;

Rovers Trust is politically neutral but is not apolitical. Campaigning for supporter ownership of football clubs is a deeply political act. Trying to influence Government and the football authorities to regulate football ownership more effectively involves working with the existing political structures. In the press release following the ministerial meeting, the Trust praised all local politicians who have worked to support the interests of Rovers supporters regardless of party affiliation. We expressly named Kate Hollern, Graham Jones and Jake Berry – from both sides of the House.

This next paragraph is my personal opinion and not the official stance of the Rovers Trust. There have been a number of messages on social media and this board complaining that professional politicians do not care about Rovers’ fans plight. This is just untrue. Kate Hollern worked to get a Parliamentary Early Day Motion on corruption in football (that made express reference to Venky’s disastrous ownership) listed – something that other MPs had tried and failed to do. She agreed to go to India with the delegation being organized by Wayne Wild – which ultimately had to be cancelled due to security advice rather than lack of political commitment. She, like all of us, has tried to communicate directly with Venky’s. She has advocated for Rovers fans with the EFL. She took the initiative to arrange a meeting with the Sports Minister. When we met with the Minister she spoke passionately and insightfully on the economic impact of Rovers’ decline on the town.

I hope that there is a good show for Duncan on Thursday night. The Trust will work with whoever wins Blackburn. The odds are strong that it will be Kate Hollern, in which case she has a track record of doing the right thing on the problem of Rovers' owners.

Thanks for the reply Michael.  I think you are absolutely right working with local politicians to highlight the plight of clubs in Parliament.  Ultimately, it is government legislation, or the threat of it, that may put pressure on the football authorities to get their act together and regulate ownership of football clubs in this country. 

11 hours ago, Michael Doherty said:

Hi ParsonBlue. Yes - that is me. Kate Hollern's office asked me if they could use a quote following our meeting with the Minister for Sport. After some consideration, I said yes as long as they kept it factual. This decision was confirmed by a Trust board meeting. Duncan Miller has done some great work in raising the profile of the campaign for a change of ownership at Rovers. As he has said on a number of occasions, the realistic aim is not to win the seat but to bring publicity to the campaign. We confirmed the quote before Duncan declared as a candidate but even in hindsight I stand by the decision. To explain;

Rovers Trust is politically neutral but is not apolitical. Campaigning for supporter ownership of football clubs is a deeply political act. Trying to influence Government and the football authorities to regulate football ownership more effectively involves working with the existing political structures. In the press release following the ministerial meeting, the Trust praised all local politicians who have worked to support the interests of Rovers supporters regardless of party affiliation. We expressly named Kate Hollern, Graham Jones and Jake Berry – from both sides of the House.

This next paragraph is my personal opinion and not the official stance of the Rovers Trust. There have been a number of messages on social media and this board complaining that professional politicians do not care about Rovers’ fans plight. This is just untrue. Kate Hollern worked to get a Parliamentary Early Day Motion on corruption in football (that made express reference to Venky’s disastrous ownership) listed – something that other MPs had tried and failed to do. She agreed to go to India with the delegation being organized by Wayne Wild – which ultimately had to be cancelled due to security advice rather than lack of political commitment. She, like all of us, has tried to communicate directly with Venky’s. She has advocated for Rovers fans with the EFL. She took the initiative to arrange a meeting with the Sports Minister. When we met with the Minister she spoke passionately and insightfully on the economic impact of Rovers’ decline on the town.

I hope that there is a good show for Duncan on Thursday night. The Trust will work with whoever wins Blackburn. The odds are strong that it will be Kate Hollern, in which case she has a track record of doing the right thing on the problem of Rovers' owners.

I am sure you are right about Kate's support, but when I heard her answering the Rovers question on the Radio Lancs programme, her answer was poor-very poor....almost babble, really.

It merely confirmed my feelings of hopelessness!

With a week to go, any expectations? What's the doorstep reaction been like?

End of the day Labour will romp home in Blackburn, so hopefully a sizeable number of those who would normally support one of the main parties will lend their vote and a real statement can be sent out.

17 hours ago, Michael Doherty said:

This is just untrue. Kate Hollern worked to get a Parliamentary Early Day Motion on corruption in football (that made express reference to Venky’s disastrous ownership) listed – something that other MPs had tried and failed to do. She agreed to go to India with the delegation being organized by Wayne Wild – which ultimately had to be cancelled due to security advice rather than lack of political commitment.

Interesting, do please feel free to elaborate. Tony Mow came back safe enough but I guess he was invited? Right?

Archived