BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Mowbray to Hold Talks in Pune with Owners

Rovers boss Tony Mowbray is expected to arrive in Pune today to hold talks with Venky's.  

Mowbray has been keen to hold talks with Venky's in order to establish their what their future vision for the club and has suggested that he would decide on his own future after holding talks with the owners  I will have some talks in the next week or two with the people who matter at this football club, Whether the journey for me continues or not. Let’s see. If it does, I can only see it being really strong if we can keep the right players."

Rovers face squad faces a big overhaul as 9 players were released last week this included club captain Jason Lowe, Danny Guthrie, Hope Akpan, Wes Brown and Adam Henley.  It is looking increasingly likely that Connor Mahoney will reject the new contract that has been offered to him and reports in the national press have suggested that Lenihan and Mulgrew are also considering their futures.  

View full article

From my post yesterday

From Alan Nixon in today Sun

Charlie Mulgrew and Darragh Lenihan are ready to lead the Blackburn Exodus

Mulgrew wants to quit after relegation to league 1 and Lenihan has interests championship clubs

Steele could be targeted by Sunderland

From Nixon on twitter

Blackburn to sign top Scottish teen striker Kyle Connell. Was at Motherwell. Left. Shrewd one for down the line.

Edited by chaddyrovers

We need to keep people like Mulgrew and Lenihan. When Newcastle dropped to the Championship they kept their better players and added to it, when Bolton dropped to League One they kept their better players as they knew they couldn't adequately replace them.

If this club is serious about getting promoted next season then the first thing it needs to do is convince those sort of players to endure a year of 3rd division football to try and get the club back up and repair the damage of last season.

Mowbray should be seeking assurances that not only will he be able to retain these players, but also that he will be able to sign the 5-6 needed to have a squad rather than first 11.

Mowbray shouldn't be offered a new deal at this stage, or certainly not an extended one. If they want to pay him more or change his job title to manager then fine. But he hasn't earned a longer deal yet. He should be told to get on with getting promoted and he will get improved longer terms when he delivers that.

Are they going to replace Paul Senior? If not then who runs transfers as Mowbray is only 'head coach'? Why was Senior appointed if 6 months later his position is redundant?

• Like 3

If Mulgrew and Lenihan do want out, they should reflect on how they too are culpable for last seasons farce.

Sounds to me like their agents are in their ears. Standard stuff. 

At the end of the day, they signed their contracts and need to see them out if we don't want to sell them. 

Just now, JHRover said:

We need to keep people like Mulgrew and Lenihan. When Newcastle dropped to the Championship they kept their better players and added to it, when Bolton dropped to League One they kept their better players as they knew they couldn't adequately replace them.

If this club is serious about getting promoted next season then the first thing it needs to do is convince those sort of players to endure a year of 3rd division football to try and get the club back up and repair the damage of last season.

Mowbray should be seeking assurances that not only will he be able to retain these players, but also that he will be able to sign the 5-6 needed to have a squad rather than first 11.

Mowbray shouldn't be offered a new deal at this stage, or certainly not an extended one. If they want to pay him more or change his job title to manager then fine. But he hasn't earned a longer deal yet. He should be told to get on with getting promoted and he will get improved longer terms when he delivers that.

Are they going to replace Paul Senior? If not then who runs transfers as Mowbray is only 'head coach'? Why was Senior appointed if 6 months later his position is redundant?

Senior was a plausible chancer , whose CV was not good ....Probably had an ulterior motive to become involved (Football agency )....

He could have been rumbled , more likely realised there was nothing left at the club ..

Just now, JHRover said:

I'm also yet to be convinced by Mowbray but getting him to sign a new deal will surely be helpful in convincing players to stay and convincing players to come. Makes sense that way.

Just now, Waggy76 said:

Senior was a plausible chancer , whose CV was not good ....Probably had an ulterior motive to become involved (Football agency )....

He could have been rumbled , more likely realised there was nothing left at the club ..

Do you have a copy of Seniors CV or just a rough outline? Please share it if you do 

• Backroom

Hopefully they tell him "we're leaving soon, hold tight and in the meantime here's who the new owners are going to be."

Meanwhile, there are some lovely pigs flying over Pune.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

First player investment goes towards the hope of a resale profit.

Well that's a pretty clear signal of intent.

A club with no football ambition.

Promotion straight back, :lol: do me a favour

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Please don't revert to show me the link mode. Its really boring.

You know all the info is avaiable via Google and most is already on this MB.

I am perfectly entitled to ask the question. He said Senior has a bad CV, so I asked to see it. Pretty easy to skip past my post if you aren't interested. 

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

Seems Paul has updated his privacy settings on his LinkedIn so we can't see his CV anymore.

It was very "salesman". All Talk...no Walk.

Fired from Sheff Wed for not acting in their best interests

Fired or Resigned from Rovers for not being very good at his job

To be fair what can a director of football do when your budget is 0 and there is no money even to draw loans in cus we can't afford their wages ( or a proportion of their wage), he hire TM which wasn't a bad call. I think I would have left that position if that's all I had to work with and the other director was in charge of cutting everything.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am perfectly entitled to ask the question. He said Senior has a bad CV, so I asked to see it. Pretty easy to skip past my post if you aren't interested. 

Look on linked in. He's got two profiles

Edited by Dunnfc

41 minutes ago, JonnyP said:

To be fair what can a director of football do when your budget is 0 and there is no money even to draw loans in cus we can't afford their wages ( or a proportion of their wage), he hire TM which wasn't a bad call. I think I would have left that position if that's all I had to work with and the other director was in charge of cutting everything.

Still got relegated with TM don't forget. Added value he cried when two players were in hotels the same RB at Rennes whom recently played in there run in

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Still got relegated with TM don't forget. Added value he cried when two players were in hotels the same RB at Rennes whom recently played in there run in

Yeah but that wasn't down to him he hadn't dismantled the squad and hired Coyle. He came in he resigned Emnes and signed Joao both on loan. I'm presuming he had no money to spend, he managed to get 2m for Marshal who was expected to only get 1m as the limited time was left on his contract and then he got rid of Coyle who yes should have gone before xmas but for any new DOF it was going to be difficult to walk in day 1 and send Coyle on his way as a certain amount of assessment is needed. And to be fair his appointment of TM almost payed off in what could be argued was very unlucky when u consider the amount of points we accumulated (51pts). 

Im not arguing he was the amazing by any means but in a limited time and with a very limited budget he almost kept us up.

• Like 1

Just now, JAL said:

Phoney Tony in India ...good grief.... when will it all end !

Is he getting a better deal for himself and the two donkey David sidekicks.

what the problem with Tony Mowbray going to India to get the answer he wants its the closed season. I have a problem if he going during the football season

1st manager since Bowyer to go

I expect Mowbray if he stays he will change his staff. Rumours of Mark Venus coming in. Possibly a new GK coach But thought Ben Benson has done alright since working with the Gks first team wise

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.