BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers release 3 pre season fixtures

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JonnyP said:

There is clearly not going to be an abroad trip with the state of our finances. I'd be amazed if there was.

Last summer Luton and Chesterfield both had training camps in Hungary. I refuse to accept that we can't afford it.

Foreign training camps are not reserved for Premier League teams. Most clubs in the Football League at the very least go to Ireland/Scotland for a week.

Every conceivable effort should be made this summer to prepare fully for a promotion push. If the manager wants to go to Europe for a week then they should allow him to do that.

STEVE Kean is hoping his Blackburn Rovers side can enjoy a smashing Premier League finish after insisting their sunshine break will reap its rewards.

Rovers squad spent a week in Dubai ‘recharging their batteries’, including nights out at the tennis, horse-racing and days playing head tennis on the beach.

The Rovers boss insists plenty of hard training was also done and revealed medically speaking the trip has already proved beneficial.

He said: “Our break in Dubai went really well. From a medical point of view I have been told vitamin D levels were very high in the lads when they come back due to the sunshine.

“The lads have not been in the sunshine this season, and Michel Salgado was the only one who had a high level of Vitamin D before because he has been back and forward a few times.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/8877360.Kean__Sunshine_break_was_good_for_Blackburn_Rovers_players/?commentSort=score

Not that it doesn't work surely? Besides we need to get those Vitamin D levels up.

Just now, JHRover said:

Last summer Luton and Chesterfield both had training camps in Hungary. I refuse to accept that we can't afford it.

Foreign training camps are not reserved for Premier League teams. Most clubs in the Football League at the very least go to Ireland/Scotland for a week.

Every conceivable effort should be made this summer to prepare fully for a promotion push. If the manager wants to go to Europe for a week then they should allow him to do that.

I agree however I doubt that anyone has the capabilities or organising a foreign tour with all the sh*te that's taking place with accountants, TM flying out to India, lack of playing staff. Hopefully in a few days when it becomes clearer what TMs position will be (fingers crossed he stays) then they will be able to start planning for something like that, however if he walks the club now needs to hire a manager/head coach and then look to recruit quite a few players not leaving a whole lot of man hours to organise a foreign training camp/tour.

2 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Last time we were at Grimsby was pre-season under Mark Hughes - the famous "three Gary Harkins game"

I remember that game well. I'd just got a new car and @Ste B leant the hardway that the back seats were mostly just for show but the warning on the tailgate about knocking passengers out wasn't! 

I have a soft spot for Grimsby, around 2000ish, we played them on a bank holiday weekend (possibly Easter) and I'd just started www.awayguide.net so had a little mini-break in Chleethorpes exploring it's many pubs and chip shops in the name of research

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Jesus, he actually said those words. 

Didn't you know? You should hear the ones about the paint and the dew on the grass, not to mention our very own new Wayne Rooney.

10 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Last time we were at Grimsby was pre-season under Mark Hughes - the famous "three Gary Harkins game"

Great fish & chips.

I remember driving there from Bristol for a night match which was televised live during a promotion season. Can't remember which promotion though.

Just now, lraC said:

Didn't you know? You should hear the ones about the paint and the dew on the grass, not to mention our very own new Wayne Rooney.

I remember the dew on the grass one. I thought that was in a league of its own until I was reminded of the vitamin D nugget. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I remember the dew on the grass one. I thought that was in a league of its own until I was reminded of the vitamin D nugget. 

My personal favourite is the one where he stated, we can't invent 10 more games, were we can go on an unbeaten run, as we have none left and we are down. Who knows what the hell me meant by that. Silly little man.

Just now, lraC said:

My personal favourite is the one where he stated, we can't invent 10 more games, were we can go on an unbeaten run, as we have none left and we are down. Who knows what the hell me meant by that. Silly little man.

A spoofer of the highest degree  

Kean didn't do well with warm weather training camps he also claimed Sam was a crook whilst confirming he was the man to discover Phil Jones.

Still getting sloshed abroad is much more fun than the Ewood office he had where he'd be there till the early hours drunk on his own

Archived