SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers release 3 pre season fixtures

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Great days and nights!

Yep loved them as it was the only time I'd seen us play other local teams back then as we sneered at them being a division or two below despite us having no JW either. Now even PNE & Bolton are above us, shocking.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

He said: “Our break in Dubai went really well. From a medical point of view I have been told vitamin D levels were very high in the lads when they come back due to the sunshine.

“The lads have not been in the sunshine this season, and Michel Salgado was the only one who had a high level of Vitamin D before because he has been back and forward a few times.

That quote is absolutely incredible, no matter where we are going to be in a few years I doubt I'll never feel as low as I did when that t w a t was our manager. 5 years since he left and he still makes me feel sick.

5 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Kean also claimed Sam was a crook.

The only thing he got right in his time here!

Takes one to know one I guess......

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I remember the dew on the grass one. I thought that was in a league of its own until I was reminded of the vitamin D nugget. 

Yes but he's a thinker. He thinks good.

Just now, Baz said:

Barrow is like a different world if that helps people's travel ambitions?

A few hundred years ago some broke out of there and fled to near Yorkshire then started their own settlement. It became known as Burnley and the people to this day still share the exact same family friendly breeding traits as their peers from a small West Lakes cesspit :lol:

6 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Kean didn't do well with warm weather training camps he also claimed Sam was a crook whilst confirming he was the man to discover Phil Jones.

Still getting sloshed abroad is much more fun than the Ewood office he had where he'd be there till the early hours drunk on his own

and pissing the bed, I heard from a very good source

Is it normal to play all pre-season games away from home?

Noticed North End play Bamber Bridge for their first game. It's only down the road from Leyland so I might go and cheer on Brig. 

I'll go to Morcambe. Barrow is quite a nice drive, but not sure I'm feeling it at this stage, nor Grimsby.

There was a time in pre season we'd play lesser teams then a "marquee" fixture. Won't be long before we are the lesser team to the likes of Grimsby and Barrow putting out a representative xi to give us a chance.  

7 hours ago, sw0808 said:

and pissing the bed, I heard from a very good source

Haha... I was amazed when an ex staff member confirmed he actually used to be last one out of Ewood at 3 am some nights as he used to get drunk all by himself 

Archived