BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your Youth Coach Ian Jones

Burnley fan in peace (or, as peaceful as possible).

There's been a stirring amongst the Burnley forums that Ian Jones is coming to Burnley to coach our youth team. Firstly, is this true? Secondly, why would this be allowed to happen? (I'm not suggesting I don't welcome it, but it just seems an odd move) and thirdly, what are your thoughts? 

Rivalry aside, it's a disgrace what the Venky's are doing and it has no place in football.

Thanks.

1. Who is Ian jones?

2. Why WOULDNT it happen? Hire level club, higher wages? It's common sense.

3. You're correct. I might hate Burnley but I wouldn't celebrate them being run into the ground by idiot owners in an agency swindle. Shame the thousands of Burnley fans lighting fireworks don't have the same morals eh!

I have never heard of him to be honest. If he is any good then you can understand the lad moving to a premier league team. Posting things like this by the way RC will always be accepted, by the way.

He's the guy second from the right in this link http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/blackburn-rovers-academy-2591998.aspx

And he has been described as a "senior academy coach" by those on the BFC forums, hence my post on here, thinking it meant more than it actually seems to.

The way it was being discussed was as if someone like Terry Pashley (BFC youth coach) downed tools and went to Blackburn. 

Just now, ReluctantClaret said:

He's the guy second from the right in this link http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/blackburn-rovers-academy-2591998.aspx

And he has been described as a "senior academy coach" by those on the BFC forums, hence my post on here, thinking it meant more than it actually seems to.

The way it was being discussed was as if someone like Terry Pashley (BFC youth coach) downed tools and went to Blackburn. 

I would be very surprised if many on here, know who he is. As you can imagine, people are fearful of losing their jobs at the minute and I wouldn't blame anyone for making a move right now.

I've always spoken to Blly so I've never heard him speak with the young lads though the pair have done reasonably well.

If I was Burnley I'd be sounding out the met police under 18's coach who knocked you out of the FA cup last season.

I think, due to the stature of your academies, I would imagine he comes with some good experience, as Burnley try to push for Category 2 status, but it's a shame if there is some sort of dismantling of your academy, especially if it's down to the owners. The drop in leagues won't stop the production of your youth players, that's something that needs to remain. 

I think, due to the stature of your academies, I would imagine he comes with some good experience, as Burnley try to push for Category 2 status, but it's a shame if there is some sort of dismantling of your academy, especially if it's down to the owners. The drop in leagues won't stop the production of your youth players, that's something that needs to remain. 

The next one you get, may be the actual facilities, with the way things are going.

35 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Maybe we can spare 1 or 2 more

5922ff0e2c290_images(3).jpg.bedd32ab90905cd4c20a2f27b30ae4b9.jpg

Did you see the number of staff that Chelsea were parading yesterday? There must have been one-and-a-half for every squad player. Makes that look like a grassroots team!

On 2017-5-22 at 23:34, Stuart said:

Did you see the number of staff that Chelsea were parading yesterday? There must have been one-and-a-half for every squad player. Makes that look like a grassroots team!

Finally got to see a bit of Chelsea on Youtube. Blimey what a coaching wage bill that was!

How the other haks live.:(

On 5/22/2017 at 16:26, ReluctantClaret said:

Burnley fan in peace (or, as peaceful as possible).

There's been a stirring amongst the Burnley forums that Ian Jones is coming to Burnley to coach our youth team. Firstly, is this true? Secondly, why would this be allowed to happen? (I'm not suggesting I don't welcome it, but it just seems an odd move) and thirdly, what are your thoughts? 

Rivalry aside, it's a disgrace what the Venky's are doing and it has no place in football.

Thanks.

Why would an ex All Black legend want to coach a football youth team... :D 

Archived