BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester Bombing

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dunnfc said:

Sorry Glenn but this isn't a multi cultural society it's a Church of England country much like the UAE is Islamic. Would you put a church up or synagogue up in Abu Dhabi? 

Labour and the EU still intent on turning this state into this multi faith farce

'Christianity' on these Isles has had it own long history of unChristian acts. 

Personally, I yearn for a world where religion is seen purely as myth and allegory, not a literal interpretation, but I appreciate that for many people religion helps define a moral compass.

Sure, some people have tried to blame their own broken moral compass on religion, be that suicide bombers or the child abuse the Catholic Church covered up for decades. But there are broken evil scum, regardless of which religion they claim to support.

Besides, we were doing quite well as a pagan nation before the bloody romans came and took over with their religion! 

BTW just under 10% of Abu Dhabi is Christian (13% of the UAE as a whole), they are recognised by the state and free to practise their religion openly.  

I sick of people making excuses on behalf of people committing atrocities in the name of Islam. Whether it's those pedophile gangs getting away with it because authorities are too afraid to stand against them for fear of being called racist, there are many good muslims and it's them who need to stamp down on this radicalisation and they don't seem to be doing anything. 

I had a lovely evening last night in London at my leaving do to wake up to this dreadful news. My youngest daughter works about 800m from the site and told me of driving past and watching all the kids queuing to enter the event, I have been in tears. 

Now is not the time for revenge.  The muslims I know are law abiding decent people- please do not tar a whole religion due to the actions of a few.

22 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Sorry Glenn but this isn't a multi cultural society it's a Church of England country much like the UAE is Islamic. Would you put a church up or synagogue up in Abu Dhabi? 

Labour and the EU still intent on turning this state into this multi faith farce.

do agree this is a minority but unfortunately only way to deal with the genie out the bottle the few who are brainwashed is a complete outlaw of Islam.

And I have visited  Synagogues in Morocco and in Dubai.

Just now, preston blue said:

Now is not the time for revenge.  The muslims I know are law abiding decent people- please do not tar a whole religion due to the actions of a few.

Exactly right PB.

I am a muslim and have been appalled by the attack last night as with all of the other attacks that have happened.

It is however completely ridiculous to blame the actions of these nutters who are only muslim in name but none of us consider them to be muslim.  The community in Blackburn and the mosques in particular ALL now have proper education programmes that lead people away from extremism.  The mosques also work closely with the police to root out the people who spout this hate and go to any Friday sermon by the mulla and you will find an anti ISIS message in them.  Prior to 7/7 the community was in denial.  The horrific events in London changed all of that.  Of course like the rest of the country the muslim community will look at what happened last night and see if there is more that coulf be done.

To finish please remember in the immediate aftermath of what happened last night amongst those helping were muslim taxi drivers offering to help people and muslim doctors treating the injured.  The terrorist scum want to divide us.  We can’t let them.

You think outlawing a religion which covers more than a billion worldwide people will prevent further deaths?

In response to Dunnfc (not sure where quote us!)

1 hour ago, Steve1 said:

Well said.  I'm disgusted at our own people letting this slide !!! Cowards aswell in my opinion!! To scared to stand up !!! Well sit the frig down n zip it and let people be angry...its kids ffffssss

Aaaaghhhhhh

I think I'm quite glad to be not one of 'your people'. I'm a proud Brit who stands for good traditional British 'Christian' values such as freedom from oppression, helping ones fellow man without predjudice, renunciation of violence and welfare for the least amongst us.

Oppressing people by limiting what they can say, do, wear or think, is about as unBritish as you can get and the hallmark over many middle eastern regimes. So maybe it's not me letting the side down, but you being in the wrong side altogether and fueling the same divide the extremists desire.

5 minutes ago, otto man said:

I'd love to sit you down with the relatives of the victims of this latest atrocity and listen to you patronise them with your PC twaddle. How long do you think you'd last?

You think the victims would be happy that their tragedy is used as a vehicle legitimise racist views? Think again. Believe it or not, Ariana Grande has a huge Asian following, thus some muslims would've been impacted last night. 

Just now, Biz said:

You think outlawing a religion which covers more than a billion worldwide people will prevent further deaths?

In response to Dunnfc (not sure where quote us!)

I would think some restriction certainly has to be considered it isn't normal for one specific religion to be causing such devastating affects. Quite how you'd do that away from a complete ban on a particular faith im not sure.

Just now, Biz said:

You think the victims would be happy that their tragedy is used as a vehicle legitimise racist views? Think again. Believe it or not, Ariana Grande has a huge Asian following, thus some muslims would've been impacted last night. 

What's racist about it? Islam isn't a race as far as I know. Bosnia for example is mainly eastern Caucasian as opposed to middle eastern ethnicity 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

What's racist about it? Islam isn't a race as far as I know. Bosnia for example is mainly eastern Caucasian as opposed to middle eastern ethnicity 

You said "ban islam"! That is using this tragedy to push forward intolerance of a people's religion. You can split hairs on semantics all you want but the simple fact is, the Tommy Robinson brigade will be licking their lips at this occurrence, because it plays directly into their hands. Rise above it. The whole world has a percentage of nutjobs, blaming a whole proportion of the population just creates more nutjobs  

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I would think some restriction certainly has to be considered it isn't normal for one specific religion to be causing such devastating affects. Quite how you'd do that away from a complete ban on a particular faith im not sure.

To be fair, you can point to virtually every major religion across history and highlight similar atrocities carried in its name previously.

Yes, the rise of the the suicide bomber in  recent times is horrific, as is the fact a bunch of extremists has learnt how to radicalise young western Muslims, but their biggest weapon in this is the same fear, hate and division their actions drive.

Just now, Biz said:

You said "ban islam"! That is using this tragedy to push forward intolerance of a people's religion. You can split hairs on semantics all you want but the simple fact is, the Tommy Robinson brigade will be licking their lips at this occurrence, because it plays directly into their hands. Rise above it. The whole world has a percentage of nutjobs, blaming a whole proportion of the population just creates more nutjobs  

Tommy ain't a member of the EDL anymore I don't think.

So you agree banning or being anti Islam isn't racist? Stereotypical maybe?

its one religion which causes an abhorrent and high level unacceptable incidents it's not just these atrocities but look at the grooming gangs etc. 

2 hours ago, Steve1 said:

No he wanted them dead!!!

Dirty Muslim scum 

Perhaps this comment should be left for posterity so that we can all remember what a disgraceful person you are. The murderer is shameful. So are you.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Everyone I've ever met who says they want to 'ban Islam' with any conviction actually means 'people with brown skin', as far as I can tell. I was friends with 3 Sikhs at uni who were told to 'go back to where you come from, ISIS scum'.

Thankfully, one replied 'Do you mean home to Blackburn? My birthplace in Preston? My white-British mother's vagina?'

Banning Islam can acheive nothing but hate. We are not Nazi Germany. We are a country who allows people to say and do what they think. A lone nutjob (and his small band of scumbag mates) should not make people hate a religion that they clearly fail to properly represent.

Mike that's an assumption isn't it? I'd happily see the banning of Islam myself that's nothing to do with ethnicity or colour, I couldn't care less if you were blue black or red.

This religion is the root cause of significant radicalisation happening in schools and prisons down the country, it's backwards, draconian ideologies do not reflect a civilised society and is readily interpretated by fundamentalists as we've seen on numerous occasions.

7 minutes ago, Biz said:

So, people who decry this behaviour are racist? Really, racist? Well for a start islam is a RELIGION, not a nationality. Can you comprehend the difference?  Now,why aren't you pouring the same amount of energy in to condemning this atrocity as you are into demonising your fellow posters? You and the rest of your fellow left wing apologists need to wake up to what is happening in your country.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Mike that's an assumption isn't it? I'd happily see the banning of Islam myself that's nothing to do with ethnicity or colour, I couldn't care less if you were blue black or red.

This religion is the root cause of significant radicalisation happening in schools and prisons down the country, it's backwards, draconian ideologies do not reflect a civilised society and is readily interpretated by fundamentalists as we've seen on numerous occasions.

No no no and no. A small number of people's twisted view of some sections of it is what's driving it. 

I used to think similar, but I took the time to really learn about it (much as I did Christianity, which I turned my back on in my early teens) and much like Christianity, it's the interpretation of a few whack jobs and people using it to satisfy their own prejudices that are the problem.

3 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

You do see what Mike , Glenn, et al are doing here don't you? deflect from the atrocity, turn it back on the posters who express outrage, whip out the "Race card" and..... bingo! Job done. Thread goes quiet, nasty bigots are silenced and in the mean time Daesh carry on murdering, gays, non muslims, women and children, but hey ho at least you showed the bigots, right?:wacko: 

Just now, otto man said:

So, people who decry this behaviour are racist? Really, racist? Well for a start islam is a RELIGION, not a nationality. Can you comprehend the difference?  Now,why aren't you pouring the same amount of energy in to condemning this atrocity as you are into demonising your fellow posters? You and the rest of your fellow left wing apologists need to wake up to what is happening in your country.

You mean the rise of division, hatred and intolerance by people who are either seeking justification for their own bigoted views or don't understand the difference between correlation and causation and don't understand the importance of sample size ...... nope, I'm well awake to it thanks. 

Oh and nice try by claiming those questioning the role of Islam in this isn't condemning this atrocity, classic diversionary straw man move.

Just now, otto man said:

You do see what Mike , Glenn, et al are doing here don't you? deflect from the atrocity, turn it back on the posters who express outrage, whip out the "Race card" and..... bingo! Job done. Thread goes quiet, nasty bigots are silenced and in the mean time Daesh carry on murdering, gays, non muslims, women and children, but hey ho and least you showed they bigots, right?:wacko: 

No such thing. In fact I'm @#/? fuming you'd even suggest that. Oddly enough, if I wanted to silence things (be it to support my own views, or simply for any easy life) then I have much easier ways of doing it.

Deflecting from the atrocity, @#/? you! I'm simply pointing out that blaming the attoricty solely on the religious choice of 1.6 billion people otherwise innocent is @#/? insane! 

Just now, Glenn said:

You mean the rise of division, hatred and intolerance by people who are either seeking justification for their own bigoted views or don't understand the difference between correlation and causation and don't understand the importance of sample size ...... nope, I'm well awake to it thanks. 

Oh and nice try by claiming those questioning the role of Islam in this isn't condemning this atrocity, classic diversionary straw man move.

That would be Daesh and their supporters, right? sample size, how about less than 5% of the UK population are muslim, yet the remaining 95% are expected to dance to their tune?  As for your "diversionary" tactics remark, just look at you fellow lefties attempts, for a lesson in how to do just that!

Archived