BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester Bombing

Just now, Mike E said:

You aren't even close to upset by it and you know it. You appear quite glad about it so you can spew hatred against a population that consists of around 1/5th of the world.

It's the potential to manifest itself looking at birth rates 

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, JacknOry said:

A 23 old has just been arrested in connection according to the GM P.

Suggests there was already intelligence on potential threats in the area which is now being acted upon, or that the police are making quick arrests to quell public panic/unrest. Potentially a mixture of both. 

Just now, DE. said:

So where in that sentence does it say we should be happy, joyous or silent? These are things you mentioned in your post so I'd be interested to know how you came to the conclusion that I was implying any of those things - and you must have come to that conclusion, why say it otherwise? You've already said above that it wasn't to antagonise me, so I'm curious to know.

You're not DE the journalist are you? If so your lack of comprehension of the English language is going to get in the way of your career. I'll try one last time

as long as acts like this keep provoking this nasty, violent, hate-filled response they will continue".   So I asked;  "How should people be feeling this morning, joyous, elated perhaps"?   I can't make it any clearer!

• Backroom
Just now, otto man said:

You're not DE the journalist are you? If so your lack of comprehension of the English language is going to get in the way of your career. I'll try one last time

as long as acts like this keep provoking this nasty, violent, hate-filled response they will continue".   So I asked;  "How should people be feeling this morning, joyous, elated perhaps"?   I can't make it any clearer!

Nope, not a journalist. Sorry. No issues with my reading comprehension though, and this response tells me enough about your intentions, so I'll leave it here. 

Just now, DE. said:

Nope, not a journalist. Sorry. No issues with my reading comprehension though, and this response tells me enough about your intentions, so I'll leave it here. 

Asked for a response, got a response and now you complain and insinuate what?

From GM P twitter:

"With regards to last night’s incident at the Manchester arena, we can confirm we have arrested a 23-year-old man in South Manchester." - 40 mins ago

"A man has been arrested at the Arndale Centre – This is not currently believed to connected to last night’s attacks." - 41 mins ago

Just now, otto man said:

Of course I'm not tarring the whole islamic world with the same brush Phil. I am however outraged by those that immediately play the race card to silence those they don't agree with.

Of course not. There are, however, always one or two who will drag it down, one way or the other.

Foiling these plots is one big preventative measure to this issue, and is the one that I trust our intelligence and police services to get right for the most part. The other part is the less direct preventative measure - stopping the root cause of how these murderers are either misinterpreting the Qu'ran, and/or using it as an excuse to murder. It all needs discussing properly so that we can come to a solution but, as Kamy has already suggested, some people in the Muslim community are making efforts to at least circumvent the issue of interpretation.

My former colleague is a wheelchair user, and he was at the venue last night. He described it as the most terrifying event he's been through. I'm just glad he's safe. It makes my stomach churn to think that somebody you know was actually there and in real danger, particularly given that he has perhaps fewer escape route options to take. Horrible murderers, terrorists...

One thing that I do know, is that the cities in the west that have been subjected to terrorism are resilient - Manchester even more so.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

It's not just bombers though is it? We've kiddy rapists, Trojan horse head teachers taking over schools, hate clerics roaming around all sorts going on with the curriculum in schools and prisons being dominated through hate preachers, we've got a London major who refuses to recognise and invite Israel, all done by people who are dominated by the religion of "peace".

i don't dispute the bombers intentions were probably similar to that but frankly I've just about had enough of Islam and its divide it creates with everything, easy solution is just get rid. If they don't like the way this country is then move, if you don't want to then obide by our conduct not the draconian garbage passed on by prophet mo and his romantically involved 9 year old then stay.

Feel sorry a small amount not tiny has damaged it for the normal decent ones but I don't see how things will improve if urgent action isn't taken.

How many bombs killed innocents in the UK during the nineties? Did we blame politics and religion or a small number of hateful scum hell bent on getting a reaction? What about Brevik? What about Richard Poplowski? Timothy Mcveigh et al. 

Child rapists aren't exclusively Muslim either. I'm assuming you watched "Three girls" and it's the most recent example- what about Saville? What about the BBC? What about Scottish and British youth football? What about catholic priests?!?!? The problem is with a small percentage of PEOPLE not a religion, when this small percentage of people (who are absolutely vile) see a way to abuse innocents, they will. The Rochdale problem was worsened because of tension between race in the area- do I think the police would've brushed it under the carpet without fear of further unrest? I'm not blaming them or the BNP for stirring it up, but there are factors beyond "Muslim men don't respect women or children and are "kiddy rapists".

Do you know anything about curriculum bar a few Daily Mail examples? You do know some Christian schools, C of E and/or Catholic still exist too? Why is religion allowed in schools in such way? I can't accept that "this is a Christian country", because that's justifying xenophobic comments about people practicing other religions here.

Siddiq Khan won't talk to Israel? What does that have to do with anything bar your own personal opinion on what the problems are out there? 

You've "had enough of Islam" and that sums up the side you are on. You can't look at it objectively, because you've already made your opinion about a different denomination of the same original books and stories. Are you aware of the book of genesis? Abraham? Is the bible just as responsible?

To simplify years of bubbling humanitarian issues down to "ban Islam" makes you sound completely out of touch. The added element of "if you don't like this country, then leave" is the cherry on the cake for the point I am making, how do you know these people aren't born here?!

Stop using atrocities to peddle your own fears and intolerance of other people, whatever religion, race, colour creed etc. It's completely insensitive to the dead, and as I and others said, if you took specific action against all Muslims you'd create more problems.

• Backroom
Just now, otto man said:

How dare you!  If I was in punching distance of you right now, I'd break your jaw for you , you obnoxious little S**t

Our of order perhaps and I apologise. We're all reacting (myself quite badly as a friend of mine decided not to go last night as he wasn't feeling well).

But surely you can see that any desire to 'ban muslims' is only a hop and a skip from 'lets kill them back'?

We cannot ban them and hope to prevent further attacks in doing so. All atrocities of the past have been ended by peace, not by further war.

Oh, and for anyone who says that Muslims don't speak out, look at this. You won't find this reported in many newspapers because it goes against the fear that sells copies!

IMG_0306.JPG

• Backroom
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

IS claims its carried out terror attack

They claim anything and everything 

Little doubt it will be an Islamic Extremist though whether it was planned alone or not we'll see 

Just now, Mike E said:

Our of order perhaps and I apologise. We're all reacting (myself quite badly as a friend of mine decided not to go last night as he wasn't feeling well).

But surely you can see that any desire to 'ban muslims' is only a hop and a skip from 'lets kill them back'?

We cannot ban them and hope to prevent further attacks in doing so. All atrocities of the past have been ended by peace, not by further war.

Apology accepted. Thank you. Mike you are confusing me with another poster. At no time did I say that. I have muslim friends, I am myself an immigrant as you can see from my status. A racist bigot?, NO! Tired of people automatically trying to silence those who express outrage at this kind of behaviour? YES, YES, A thousand times yes!  I do think what was meant was a ban on all religions, as in a secular state and unfortunately I'm getting to the point that I think it's the only solution.

3 hours ago, Glenn said:

Kinda tough as the scum that did it is in a million pieces now.

...... or do you mean retaliation against innocent people who had nothing to do with this and are every bit as horrified by this as you are? That would be as evil and callous as the bomber himself.

I mean against extreme islam but im sure the innocents are somewhat as guilty as the terrorists as have any of them ever spoken out against this scum and i bet some of them new about the potential terrorist acts and kept quiet

Just now, davulsukur said:

An 8 year old girl has been confirmed as one of the 22 who lost their lives.

Horrific stuff.

Absolutely heartbreaking stuff! This is what angers the most in that children and youngsters were the primary target here. Cannot imagine what the families must be going through right now.

Just now, otto man said:

I do think what was meant was a ban on all religions, as in a secular state and unfortunately I'm getting to the point that I think it's the only solution.

I do not agree with religion on a personal level but, as @Glenn has already alluded to, it's something that many people live by as a moral compass, and I do know that is fact from my personal circles. The idea of simply taking that away from the majority of people who are religious and nonviolent is alien and frightening to me. It flies in the face of what our western societies are built on - freedom.

Perhaps we should flip this on its head a little. I know for a fact that video gaming can, on the rare occasion, make people violent, tribal, angry, and hateful. It certainly has the capacity to evoke any one of those traits, and I'm sure most gamers would tell you that they've felt anger at one point or another when gaming. There have been cases where people have been murdered over it, and cases where people have called for the banning of kill-related games (GTA, Call of Duty, etc.). Religion isn't the only large-scale activity that you can attribute some negative traits to.

If we start to ban religions because a minority abuse it in order to kill, then I wonder where it would stop. No... That's really a route that I don't want to contemplate. Let's figure this out and retain our freedom of choice, please.

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very shocked and saddened by these events. 

Lets not forget about 22 poeple who have lost their life and 59 people who have been injured. Before we even have a debate who to blame. They deserve our throughts, prays and whatever help we can provides

No religion or culture is to blame at all. 

Its a set of extremists are to be blame. People who believe this type of extremist ideological are the problem. 

No one is born to be this way or to do this to such innocent people espically Children under 16's

Of course a religion is to blame. Islam. Count the number of incidents relating to this religion of peace

Archived