BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester Bombing

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not all muslims are terrorist. Practically all of them are not. They are certainly being given a 'bad name' by a tiny number or supposed muslims.

However muslims are a minority of the population of this country, but make up a significant majority of those arrested for terrorism offences. 

Documentaries and reports have shown that a (very, very small) number of Mosques are suspected of being recruitment grounds or have "hate preachers" speaking.

In my view the police should be randomly searching suspected mosques and, where possible, interviewing anyone suspected of even possibly having terror links. This may happen to be fair but I don't think it does to the level required.

However I can't help feeling that would lead to major outcries about racial profiling and breaches of people's rights. I think you would have an outcry from British muslims saying it wasn't fair and would help 'recruit extremists', even though the actual numbers being investigated would be tiny compared to the population.

If the boot was on the other foot, personally it would bother me as I would accept that was what was required to help tackle the issue.

Thats my view. Not sure if that makes me 'racist scum' or not.

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Not all muslims are terrorist. Practically all of them are not. They are certainly being given a 'bad name' by a tiny number or supposed muslims.

However muslims are a minority of the population of this country, but make up a significant majority of those arrested for terrorism offences. 

Documentaries and reports have shown that a (very, very small) number of Mosques are suspected of being recruitment grounds or have "hate preachers" speaking.

In my view the police should be randomly searching suspected mosques and, where possible, interviewing anyone suspected of even possibly having terror links. This may happen to be fair but I don't think it does to the level required.

However I can't help feeling that would lead to major outcries about racial profiling and breaches of people's rights. I think you would have an outcry from British muslims saying it wasn't fair and would help 'recruit extremists', even though the actual numbers being investigated would be tiny compared to the population.

If the boot was on the other foot, personally it would bother me as I would accept that was what was required to help tackle the issue.

Thats my view. Not sure if that makes me 'racist scum' or not.

I think they'd accept this, as long as searches were conducted peacefully and respectfully.

We accept added airport restrictions for exactly this reason.

• Backroom
12 hours ago, Audax said:

Secularism, I detest the concept, Stalin, Mao killed more than anyone.

If one lumps all religions together, guess what? It works both ways.

You only need to pick up a history book to see that humans are intrinsically violent, selfish, power-hungry creatures. If religion didn't exist then something else would be there in its place as an excuse. Animals aren't being mass slaughtered and shipped into supermarkets in the name of religion. Rainforests aren't being destroyed in the name of religion. The seas and numerous islands aren't being filled with plastic and other garbage in the name of religion. I could go on, but the point is that collectively humans do plenty of morally disgusting things that has nothing to do with religion. We still find an excuse to do it, though.  

Does speak a lot of sense except that a huge majority of the British public know this anyway. Just like 99% of muslims aren't terrorists, 99% of the population know this.

However I disagree on one aspect which related to what Corbyn mentioned earlier in the week. Germany's foreign policy has vastly differed from the UK's on Iraq, Syria, Libya and the war on terror in general. Their government and the German public's response to the Syrian refugee crisis was vastly different to that of the UK.  Yet they have been targeted a number of times over the last few years.

I travel to Germany regularly and the German public opinion is changing on this. If you had a public survey on the refugee crisis in 2015 and one today I would expect results would be different. Germans I know who were very critical of the UK for not taking in larger numbers back then now have a different opinion because of incidents over the last few years.

Of course that is the ISIS strategy. They want to make this a war or a battle, and to drive wedges between religions, countries, communities.

Let's be real. We will always be 'The West' in their mind, regardless of foreign policy, and as such as target for incidents like on Monday. 

Good to see this, and to hear of Muslim communities recognising the problem.

I just get the feeling that, for one or two who call for this, including that idiot Piers Morgan, it just won't matter. It would mean they are wrong, which is more important to them than facts, unfortunately.

• Backroom

http://bbc.in/2qqbZsL

Terrorist murders two people after racist incident on a train in Portland.

But he's white, so it doesn't count.

I sure hope every single white person (myself included) condemns this attack, because they must obviously support him if they don't...

/sarcasm

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

http://bbc.in/2qqbZsL

Terrorist murders two people after racist incident on a train in Portland.

But he's white, so it doesn't count.

I sure hope every single white person (myself included) condemns this attack, because they must obviously support him if they don't...

/sarcasm

He's not a terrorist because he's not trying to spread terror. Nor is the attack pre-meditated.  He's just a violent, racist prick.

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Hasta said:

He's not a terrorist because he's not trying to spread terror. Nor is the attack pre-meditated.  He's just a violent, racist prick.

I think if you go out with a knife, it's pre-meditated tbf. Point taken nonetheless, but you can guarantee if he had brown skin he'd be 'a terrorist'.

The racist, fascist nutters (or alt-right as they now call themselves) always spout the 'free-speech' nonsense out of context. Like this nutter:-

"Free speech or die, Portland! You got no safe place. This is America. Get out if you don’t like free speech!"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/30/portland-stabbing-anti-muslim-jeremy-joseph-christian-court

Worryingly, you read this kind of stuff on football forums. Not the 'die' bit, but always the 'free speech' BS.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

The racist, fascist nutters (or alt-right as they now call themselves) always spout the 'free-speech' nonsense out of context. Like this nutter:-

"Free speech or die, Portland! You got no safe place. This is America. Get out if you don’t like free speech!"

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/30/portland-stabbing-anti-muslim-jeremy-joseph-christian-court

Worryingly, you read this kind of stuff on football forums. Not the 'die' bit, but always the 'free speech' BS.

Tribe mentality often exists in football. Add that to that the fact that football does attract it's fair share of idiots to the stands and you have yourself the perfect recipe for online racism!

Hate crime always increases after theae atrocities, the Irony of which will always be lost on the perpetrators.

1 hour ago, Husky said:

Better get used to this kind of thing folks. As The Mullah of the UK capital of London said a while back - it's part and parcel of living in a big city.

The bleak future is already the present.

1. Siddiq Khan is democratically elected. Mullah is a religious leader, and I'm sure you don't need me to point out the difference. Are we going to start calling Theresa May "Priest" or "reverend"... based on her catholic roots?!

2. The comments are from an interview about standing up to terrorists, not letting them change our way of life and being prepared. What reason do you have to twist his words? 

On 5/30/2017 at 17:21, den said:

Im not surprised. This is still a country accommodating a lot of racists.

Yup it sure is. How's your party doing rooting out it's own anti Semite element these days Den. As a grass roots Labour supporter, how do you deal with your party's hypocrisy regarding intolerance and bigotry towards those of the Jewish faith? Racism, Bigotry and Intolerance is something you constantly refer to, yet funnily enough only in relation to the far right, whilst conveniently ignoring the S**t pile in your own back yard. Funny eh? Hypocrisy much?

I'm not a member of the Labour Party but I know plenty of people who are. I don't recognise this description of anti-Semites at all. One of the reasons the vast majority of Labour Party members joined the Party because it takes a stand against all prejudice. What I do recognise is an organised campaign to equate genuine concerns over Israeli policies in the Middle East with anti-semitism. The instigators of this campaign would like to shut down any debate over the Middle  East that includes criticism of Israel. It's as simple as that. You know it and I know.

1 hour ago, otto man said:

Yup it sure is. How's your party doing rooting out it's own anti Semite element these days Den. As a grass roots Labour supporter, how do you deal with your party's hypocrisy regarding intolerance and bigotry towards those of the Jewish faith? Racism, Bigotry and Intolerance is something you constantly refer to, yet funnily enough only in relation to the far right, whilst conveniently ignoring the S**t pile in your own back yard. Funny eh? Hypocrisy much?

Doesn't deserve a serious response.

you come across as a very angry troll.

Just now, otto man said:

So faced with a serious question, you decline to respond and resort to name calling? Credibility? NONE! 

The "labour is racist" argument from someone who believes extreme terrorists represent a religion, is what lacks credibility.

Archived