Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester Bombing

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead
Just now, roverandout said:

Wonder if the muslim community are praying for the hard done by terrorists

What an absolutely awful comment. All the Muslims I know are disgusted by the attacks. Muslim cemeteries have so far refused to bury the Manchester bomber, but I suspect you didn't know that, did you?

45 minutes ago, DE. said:

Too late unfortunately.

Our Patriot Act is imminent, I think, and people will probably cheer for it.

There is certainly a government ulterior motive amongst all of this madness and we will lose more freedoms and as you rightly say, the masses will welcome it.

We have sleepwalked into becoming an idiotic society. Many are dumbed down, shallow, self-obsessed and will photograph themselves everywhere.  Millions can't be separated from their mobile tracking device, affordable technology has dictated that we have welcomed into our homes a smart tv with a camera on,  a tablet with a camera on, we have a games console with a camera on, a car that may now have a dash camera on and if it has sat nav, can provide every journey, destination and speed you've done.  To get a new app or daft game, people give permission for their phone to record/listen to them when it lays dormant, better still, just buy the new Amazon or Google device that listens to you all day.  All of this information can be quickly transmitted via basic electrical cables (like home-plugs do). Scarily, this isn't paranoia, it's our reality because Big Brother is here, watching and listening...obviously none of this truly affects us if you aren't a bad person but I am someone who values their privacy and freedom.  Give me a fresh start on a tropical island any day!

We've just had to remove a number of post and sadly for the first time since my return, we've banned a couple of users (once who were already pushing the limits of acceptability on other accounts).

We took the view after the Tower Bridge attack that removing posts and heavy moderation didn't help and by hindering discussion of the topics associated with it, we were probably making things worse, so we avoided intervention where possible, However the line between robust and open debate and hate speech isn't a fine one and hate speech a very much a crime in the UK, so it wont be tolerated.

Apologies for good valid posts that got hoovered up in the cleanup.

On the basis a lot of these people seem to be radicalised abroad what about introducing exit visas when going into countries like Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. So if there's a legitimate reason to visit, such as journalists etc, a visa is granted but if there's evidence to say you've visited one of these countries without one or you fraudulently obtained a visa you're breaking the law and as such can be jailed. I appreciate evidence may be tricky to come by but more has to be done than we're doing.

8 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Where to?

Dave comment below is what we should be doing

8 hours ago, dave birch said:

Dav, the Germans are already deporting "home grown terrorists". Back to their parents original homeland.

8 hours ago, matt83 said:

And your suggestion would be? Protect the extremists rights and then just let him have a crack when good and ready

plus if ISIS aim is to provoke us into draconian measures and as a consequence we wipe them off the face of the earth. Job done surely. 

if we can prove they are link to extremists groups or terror group then they should be deport immediately and no right of appeal.

Its time to be tough on National security, internet security and stop hiding from this real issue

6 hours ago, matt83 said:

I'm fairly sure we can already deport people to the country of their parents origin. Although with the old 1998 human rights act issues are difficult to overcome in actually doing it. Oh the irony of protecting the rights of people like that

Time to change the law and like I said ahead it time all human rights are given up if they are extremist or terrorist.

we are going to get to get real on this issue. This is biggest issue for this country ahead now.

The government needs to be tough and real with internet security companies by passing tougher and new laws that make us safety.

No more people keep defending their rights of these extremists and terrorists. They don't deserve the law on their side.

we must protect our freedom, our way of life and our multi culture society we live in.

13 hours ago, DE. said:

How much has the already 30 year BAe Systems contract earned? £100 billion. Just a guess. Shed loads more to come.......

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

There is certainly a government ulterior motive amongst all of this madness and we will lose more freedoms and as you rightly say, the masses will welcome it.

We have sleepwalked into becoming an idiotic society. Many are dumbed down, shallow, self-obsessed and will photograph themselves everywhere.  Millions can't be separated from their mobile tracking device, affordable technology has dictated that we have welcomed into our homes a smart tv with a camera on,  a tablet with a camera on, we have a games console with a camera on, a car that may now have a dash camera on and if it has sat nav, can provide every journey, destination and speed you've done.  To get a new app or daft game, people give permission for their phone to record/listen to them when it lays dormant, better still, just buy the new Amazon or Google device that listens to you all day.  All of this information can be quickly transmitted via basic electrical cables (like home-plugs do). Scarily, this isn't paranoia, it's our reality because Big Brother is here, watching and listening...obviously none of this truly affects us if you aren't a bad person but I am someone who values their privacy and freedom.  Give me a fresh start on a tropical island any day!

A refreshing and thought provoking post Pedro.

I think credit should be given to the response of the police last night too. 8 minutes to respond, and end the attack is some going. The first officer on scene was unarmed bar a baton and took on all the assailants single handed until he was forced to the floor. I believe he is serious injured in hospital.

The assailants then went into a bar, where they where attacked with bar stools and glasses until the police arrived.

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

Exactly. We are happy to sacrifice our freedom, but not our wifi!!

With every attack we offer the government more of our freedoms, in exchange for our safety.

Who was it who mentioned 1984/ Brave New World?

Just now, Baz said:

I think credit should be given to the response of the police last night too. 8 minutes to respond, and end the attack is some going. The first officer on scene was unarmed bar a baton and took on all the assailants single handed until he was forced to the floor. I believe he is serious injured in hospital.

The assailants then went into a bar, where they where attacked with bar stools and glasses until the police arrived.

Yeah I agree. All credit to them. The armed officers had no alternative but to shoot the perpetrators dead.

2 hours ago, DE. said:

Some of those human rights abuses by Saudi Arabia are beyond belief. Any one who opposes the regime there may often be subjected to trial without a defence solicitor with the prosecution pushing for death by crucifixion, death by beheading or 1000 lashes which in itself is effectively death. Or prison and I bet they daren't print what really goes on there. We trade with that country, seemingly without a care in the world. Money talks.

40 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

A refreshing and thought provoking post Pedro.

Thank you Simon Garner 194. I honestly don't think people realise (or care) what they are welcoming into their lives.  

Another CNN fake news set-up

More reasons to be suspicious. 

Yet more fake news set-ups from CNN. I was particularly interested in this as I actually saw the supposed 'original report' on a news bulletin where it was made out to be spontaneous - not the complete set-up I see it was. By all accounts it wasn't just CNN that used it. VERY dodgy indeed. 

Why do they do this? It's the smartphone age - they are bound to get found out.

#fakenews

www.rentamuslim.com

Ok. Sorry to be the bearer of anythng less than a winge or slagging off this than & the other. But I'd like to make a comment about tonight's concert. 

Those of u who know me & even those who don't, probably know by know that I only post when I have something to say.

I thought tonight's concert was fantastic & done in a truly respectful way. All the artists involved should be proud of themselves & it really was a show of solidarity. 

We will overcome these people & our resolve will not be broken!!

On 6/2/2017 at 03:54, K-Hod said:

A patriotic Englishman with a German football team badge as his avatar ;)

I'm a patriotic American and former Marine whose direct paternal ancestor immigrated from Lancaster to what is now the USA in the 1640s.  I own and wear several Rovers shirts.  I do so as I like the Rovers, like the club's history and like the area where my family originally came from.  Otto has similar reasons for his German badge.

14 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

DJT_Headshot_V2_normal.jpg Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Do you notice we are not having a gun debate right now? That's because they used knives and a truck!

If they'd had ten minutes of firing guns into packed pubs the death toll would have been hundreds, you thick tw@t.

Or the terrorists would be dead within seconds.  Armed citizens can return fire.

Archived