BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester Bombing

We've moved on from the horrors of auschwitz I'd like to think, regarding the Jews & the nazis you don't have to look much further than the Versailles treaty to understand & feel the mood of the situation at that time. History provides reasoning but shouldn't be dwelt upon. The treaty of Versailles put economic sanctions onto germany took the terrorities such as the Rhineland essential for Germany industry, because of this they couldn't pay back the insane reparations, stripped Germany's military leaving WW1 veterans homeless & unemployed. As a result hitler blame the government for being weak & traitors to the people. It set the scene for WW2. 

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/18/2017 at 21:45, Baz said:

Perception I'd guess as I see the opposite, I see a media obsessed with demonizing members of a religion because of the actions of a tiny minority.

Tell yourself that if it makes you feel better. Most muslims are anti-westerners. They wont tell you that to your face though

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Phil T said:

I don't think you had people going around in Nazi Germany causing terrorism in the name of Judaism. Nor are Muslims being killed by genocide in the West today.

So I'd say it's a bit different!

Very different, actually. I'm no fan of Islam, or any religion for that matter, but people are free to practise it. What irks me is the blanket scapegoating by populist media. People get hurt when their propaganda gets into the heads of simpletons.

"Gingers have no soul". I really do! It's just the occasional notable twonks that give them a bad name. We used to have one on here.

Well there was certainly a media campaign against Jews in Germany long before Hitler was Chancellor, based on mass-blame of the few.

The fact that the disgusting phrase 'The Muslim Problem' got little negative coverage (swept under the carpet) says a lot about Britain at the moment.

We in Britain are a LONG way from the reality of Nazi Germany but I worry (perhaps daftly) that the ideology is here in a subtle way. Certainly there's been a rise in Nationalism.

In the US, however, Trump already tried banning Muslims from the US. Only one step more to deport US-born Muslims. From there you only need a higher-up to suggest that killing is cheaper than deporting, especially in a country with 'guns for all' and still allows the death penalty.

Yes, I know it seems silly, possibly paranoid, but it seemed a daft idea in the early 30's too. I won't feel right until I see a SHARP fall in hate crime, particularly towards the disabled.

12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

We in Britain are a LONG way from the reality of Nazi Germany but I worry (perhaps daftly) that the ideology is here in a subtle way. Certainly there's been a rise in Nationalism.

Never, ever, underestimate what humans are capable of. Have you watched that recent interview with that KKK bloke and the Colombian heritage journalist?

We have the capacity to not lift a finger if a group we aren't part of, or particularly don't empathise with, are getting persecuted. It's terrible, but it happens.

Always remember the principles you were brought up on and educated with.

59 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Tell yourself that if it makes you feel better. Most muslims are anti-westerners. They wont tell you that to your face though

Are they? I mean you must have some kind of factual information to back up that kind of statement?

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Phil T said:

Never, ever, underestimate what humans are capable of. Have you watched that recent interview with that KKK bloke and the Colombian heritage journalist?

We have the capacity to not lift a finger if a group we aren't part of, or particularly don't empathise with, are getting persecuted. It's terrible, but it happens.

Always remember the principles you were brought up on and educated with.

Indeed. I watched The Pianist recently and it struck me that there are people who would find it entertaining to do what happens to Jews in that film.

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, Husky said:

Members of the anti-Semitic Labour party? :lol:

Indeed!

I worded it badly but I meant 'do to' various groups, particularly Muslims and the disabled. Certainly I know many disabled people who've been maltreated by scumbags and felt not at all protected (or worse, feel it's exacerbated) by the Govt. The wheelchair scene gets me every time and I'm waiting for a similar incident to hit the news here.

It's a real shame, the nazi party also discriminated against the disabled population, they used the media and their power in the national police to discriminate against different groups, it was Hitler's plan to slowly work against all the different minoritys using the media to segregate them from everybody else, the same applies to Jews, and people of different ethnic faith.

1 hour ago, Bluebarley said:

It's a real shame, the nazi party also discriminated against the disabled population, they used the media and their power in the national police to discriminate against different groups, it was Hitler's plan to slowly work against all the different minoritys using the media to segregate them from everybody else, the same applies to Jews, and people of different ethnic faith.

Yet you blame lots of things on immigrants?

22 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

Then we'll blame Brexit like everyone else seems to and ignore the problem.

IMG_0034.JPG

Are you for or anti discrimination? Make up your mind.

Any particular reason you use that avatar? 

On 20/08/2017 at 23:49, Bluebarley said:

My standpoint is pretty obvious, I don't agree with you lefties.

What is the definition of "Leftie"?

Is it simply someone who doesn't lay blame in discriminatory way?

You mean the opposite to a rightie? I haven't mentioned anything to do with discrimination (apart from Hitler) discriminating is not in my mindset, but wanting the best for my country is, I dont see any connection. Maybe I'm the wrong person to ask, its somebody else who mentioned discriminating. The contents of my cranuim don't contain anything to do with prejudice or discrimination.

2 hours ago, Bluebarley said:

You mean the opposite to a rightie? I haven't mentioned anything to do with discrimination (apart from Hitler) discriminating is not in my mindset, but wanting the best for my country is, I dont see any connection. Maybe I'm the wrong person to ask, its somebody else who mentioned discriminating. The contents of my cranuim don't contain anything to do with prejudice or discrimination.

Well, Leftie straight away is pre judging people for their perceived "political" view, hence why I asked you for the definition. 

If you want a more obvious one, the brexit thread "irony alert of the week" was a pearler from you;

"A English economy working for the English people."

Shouldn't these English people be able to use the language for a start? :) 

What would you or anyone else call it? Making a suggestion our economy should be specifically geared to support "English" people when it's not a necessity to live, work and vote here? I know what I call it.

On 20/08/2017 at 15:24, roverandout said:

Anyone seen the richard madeley interview with farage? What a cretin madeley is

Typical women's magazine reader. Tried to get off point and onto something more gossipy and sensationalist about what Trumpy once said.

Just imagine the outrage had Trumpy endorsed views such as 'Rotherham rape victims should keep their mouths shut' like the disgusting Labour MP Naz Shah. Though there wasn't one mention of that on the usual stations. . . tsk tsk!

More worryingly, silence from Corbykins. . . who prefers to spend his time 'sacking' those that speak out against paedophile and rape gangs. How anyone sane can vote for a party like that is beyond me.

Archived