BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester Bombing

Just now, Glenn said:

No such thing. In fact I'm @#/? fuming you'd even suggest that. Oddly enough, if I wanted to silence things (be it to support my own views, or simply for any easy life) then I have much easier ways of doing it.

Deflecting from the atrocity, @#/? you! I'm simply pointing out that blaming the attoricty solely on the religious choice of 1.6 billion people otherwise innocent is @#/? insane! 

You said; "Oh and nice try by claiming those questioning the role of Islam in this isn't condemning this atrocity, classic diversionary straw man move".

Hypocrisy, much?

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, otto man said:

That would be Daesh and their supporters, right? sample size, how about less than 5% of the UK population are muslim, yet the remaining 95% are expected to dance to their tune?  As for your "diversionary" tactics remark, just look at you fellow lefties attempts, for a lesson in how to do just that!

I don't follow. Why would anyone dance to the tune of a Daesh supporter? Right minded people don't tend to take much stock in what extremists say (regardless of religion) which is why their views are seen as extreme.

This is a free country, removing the freedom do dance to whoever @#/? tune we want (as long as we stay within the law) is an important freedom that the right seem to want to give up in the name of safety that it can never provide 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Kamy100 said:

I am a muslim and have been appalled by the attack last night as with all of the other attacks that have happened.

It is however completely ridiculous to blame the actions of these nutters who are only muslim in name but none of us consider them to be muslim.  The community in Blackburn and the mosques in particular ALL now have proper education programmes that lead people away from extremism.  The mosques also work closely with the police to root out the people who spout this hate and go to any Friday sermon by the mulla and you will find an anti ISIS message in them.  Prior to 7/7 the community was in denial.  The horrific events in London changed all of that.  Of course like the rest of the country the muslim community will look at what happened last night and see if there is more that good be done.

To finish please remember in the immediate aftermath of what happened last night amongst those helping were muslim taxi drivers offering to help people and muslim doctors treating the injured.  The terrorist scum want to divide us.  We can’t let them.

Good post. Some of the comments in this thread (and I didn't see the ones Glenn removed) make me incredibly depressed. Last night's act was sickening, but as long as acts like this keep provoking this nasty, violent, hate-filled response they will continue. Outrage and demands to destroy Islam and Muslims is exactly what these people want, so that the divide is increased and more terrorists are spawned. 

Devastated for the people affected by this. Heartbreaking stuff.  

Just now, otto man said:

So, people who decry this behaviour are racist? Really, racist? Well for a start islam is a RELIGION, not a nationality. Can you comprehend the difference?  Now,why aren't you pouring the same amount of energy in to condemning this atrocity as you are into demonising your fellow posters? You and the rest of your fellow left wing apologists need to wake up to what is happening in your country.

Because I don't think a small group of wackos thinks like every other person of the same religion, it doesn't mean I apologise for it. To even suggest that shows you have no gravitas. If suggesting that religions should be banned based on a few nutters, is the opposite of being a left wing apologist... I'm happy to be labelled it.

Just now, Biz said:

Because I don't think a small group of wackos thinks like every other person of the same religion, it doesn't mean I apologise for it. To even suggest that shows you have no gravitas. If suggesting that religions should be banned based on a few nutters, is the opposite of being a left wing apologist... I'm happy to be labelled it.

Wouldn't say I'm a right wing enthusiast myself but id loathe myself if I was ever a lefty.

Fact is urgent readdress of how this religion is to be practised in this country needs reviewing

Just now, Glenn said:

I don't follow. Why would anyone dance to the tune of a Daesh supporter? Right minded people don't tend to take much stock in what extremists say (regardless of religion) which is why their views are seen as extreme.

This is a free country, removing the freedom do dance to whoever @#/? tune we want (as long as we stay within the law) is an important freedom that the right seem to want to give up in the name of safety that it can never provide 

I said;"how about less than 5% of the UK population are muslim, yet the remaining 95% are expected to dance to their tune"?  Do you follow now?

Just now, otto man said:

I said;"how about less than 5% of the UK population are muslim, yet the remaining 95% are expected to dance to their tune"?  Do you follow now?

You're a vile little man. Why are you even posting here? Just to incite arguments and try to incite hatred. 

"We must retaliate!"

Unfortunately, as we know from the past, the only way our "trusted" governments retaliate is by pinning the blame in the wrong area and removing a completely unrelated problem from the world (and thereby creating new ones). No thanks!

What needs to happen is for the intelligence services to keep foiling these plots, and for the rest of us Brits to stick together and not become overly cynical of each other. I'm fairly sure that this is exactly what Daesh and other extremists DON'T want to happen, and I implore everyone of us to not let that happen. Division, segregation, martial law, etc., would play exactly into their hands, and as someone who is used to a free society, I don't bloody want any of those things, either.

What @Kamy100 posted was great. I've only had to glance at the Muslim Council of Britain's pages to know that they are a benefit to the community in the work that they do. I'm not a religious man, but it is a freedom of choice that should always be protected.

Let's remember how far we have socially come as a nation. Let's learn the tragic lessons of history. Let's continue to overcome these terrorist SMARTLY, and with the biggest weapon at our disposal as commoners - SOLIDARITY.

Just now, DE. said:

Good post. Some of the comments in this thread (and I didn't see the ones Glenn removed) make me incredibly depressed. Last night's act was sickening, but as long as acts like this keep provoking this nasty, violent, hate-filled response they will continue. Outrage and demands to destroy Islam and Muslims is exactly what these people want, so that the divide is increased and more terrorists are spawned. 

Devastated for the people affected by this. Heartbreaking stuff.  

How should people be feeling this morning, joyous, elated perhaps? And are you really so naive as to believe that silence will stop these people?

Just now, otto man said:

Dance to who's tune? What's different? I do what I want, eat what I want, work, play, drink when I want?

Who is oppressing me? I'll save you the time, nobody. Now do carry on using the death of innocents to promote your obvious intolerance.

Just now, cmb211087 said:

22 people have died. Children, parents, grandparents who had just enjoyed a concert. Yet this thread has 4 pages of crap. Unbelievable.

This but it's debate some posts good from both sides tbf

Just now, cmb211087 said:

22 people have died. Children, parents, grandparents who had just enjoyed a concert. Yet this thread has 4 pages of crap. Unbelievable.

Aye terrible ain't it. Fancy, people getting upset about a little thing like the murder of 22 people by extremist scum. Unbelievable!:wacko:

• Backroom
Just now, otto man said:

How should people be feeling this morning, joyous, elated perhaps? And are you really so naive as to believe that silence will stop these people?

The answer to hate is not hate. The first part of your sentence is just goading so I won't respond to that, and nowhere in my post did I say silence was the answer. You've taken two things from my post simply aren't there, and I'd ask you to be more careful quoting me going forward as no proper debate can come from deliberately misinterpreting people's viewpoints.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Wouldn't say I'm a right wing enthusiast myself but id loathe myself if I was ever a lefty.

Fact is urgent readdress of how this religion is to be practised in this country needs reviewing

The atheism vs religion debate is one thing completely different to tarring all practicing muslims with the same brush!

How can you fail to see that the intention of the bomber is to create fear, segregation and intolerance of a religion? The person(s) responsible seems forgotten in a big sweep of a religion!

Just now, otto man said:

Look around in the news and on social media - there are endless messages of compassion, determination, solidarity, and anger towards the terrorist. I'm assuming you're not just looking for messages of anger towards Muslims.

Unfortunately, if anyone is looking for that sort of thing, then just go back a couple of pages, and you'll see sentiments such as "Dirty, smelly, Muslim scum" on here. I'm assuming that you haven't seen those comments. It's hateful and incitement to other Muslims, and it's extremely sad to see people react that way, as it could very easily flame hate towards the wrong people and cause further harm to people.

I hope the terrorist is rotting in hell for what he did. I hope that the intelligence services can identify his accomplices and punish them by the letter of the law. We all want these barbarians brought to justice and, unlike those who think that we should ban a religion or bomb something, I'm sure they will be.

Just now, DE. said:

The answer to hate is not hate. The first part of your sentence is just goading so I won't respond to that, and nowhere in my post did I say silence was the answer. You've taken two things from my post simply aren't there, and I'd ask you to be more careful quoting me going forward as no proper debate can come from deliberately misinterpreting people's viewpoints.

I really think you should read my post again I asked you a question in response to your assertion that "but as long as acts like this keep provoking this nasty, violent, hate-filled response they will continue".  And at no point did I quote you, neither was I antagognising you. Do keep up.

• Backroom
Just now, otto man said:

Silence? Nobody is being silent! In fact, I've seen more people of Asian origin condemn the attack than those who appear British (who simply choose to demonise a whole religion for the sake of 2 nutjobs).

• Backroom
Just now, otto man said:

I really think you should read my post again I asked you a question in response to your assertion that "but as long as acts like this keep provoking this nasty, violent, hate-filled response they will continue".  And at no point did I quote you, neither was I antagognising you. Do keep up.

So where in that sentence does it say we should be happy, joyous or silent? These are things you mentioned in your post so I'd be interested to know how you came to the conclusion that I was implying any of those things - and you must have come to that conclusion, why say it otherwise? You've already said above that it wasn't to antagonise me, so I'm curious to know.

• Backroom
Just now, otto man said:

Aye terrible ain't it. Fancy, people getting upset about a little thing like the murder of 22 people by extremist scum. Unbelievable!:wacko:

You aren't even close to upset by it and you know it. You appear quite glad about it so you can spew hatred against a population that consists of around 1/5th of the world.

Just now, Biz said:

The atheism vs religion debate is one thing completely different to tarring all practicing muslims with the same brush!

How can you fail to see that the intention of the bomber is to create fear, segregation and intolerance of a religion? The person(s) responsible seems forgotten in a big sweep of a religion!

It's not just bombers though is it? We've kiddy rapists, Trojan horse head teachers taking over schools, hate clerics roaming around all sorts going on with the curriculum in schools and prisons being dominated through hate preachers, we've got a London major who refuses to recognise and invite Israel, all done by people who are dominated by the religion of "peace".

i don't dispute the bombers intentions were probably similar to that but frankly I've just about had enough of Islam and its divide it creates with everything, easy solution is just get rid. If they don't like the way this country is then move, if you don't want to then obide by our conduct not the draconian garbage passed on by prophet mo and his romantically involved 9 year old then stay.

Feel sorry a small amount not tiny has damaged it for the normal decent ones but I don't see how things will improve if urgent action isn't taken.

Just now, Phil T said:

Look around in the news and on social media - there are endless messages of compassion, determination, solidarity, and anger towards the terrorist. I'm assuming you're not just looking for messages of anger towards Muslims.

Unfortunately, if anyone is looking for that sort of thing, then just go back a couple of pages, and you'll see sentiments such as "Dirty, smelly, Muslim scum" on here. I'm assuming that you haven't seen those comments. It's hateful and incitement to other Muslims, and it's extremely sad to see people react that way, as it could very easily flame hate towards the wrong people and cause further harm to people.

I hope the terrorist is rotting in hell for what he did. I hope that the intelligence services can identify his accomplices and punish them by the letter of the law. We all want these barbarians brought to justice and, unlike those who think that we should ban a religion or bomb something, I'm sure they will be.

Of course I'm not tarring the whole islamic world with the same brush Phil. I am however outraged by those that immediately play the race card to silence those they don't agree with.

Very shocked and saddened by these events. 

Lets not forget about 22 poeple who have lost their life and 59 people who have been injured. Before we even have a debate who to blame. They deserve our throughts, prays and whatever help we can provides

No religion or culture is to blame at all. 

Its a set of extremists are to be blame. People who believe this type of extremist ideological are the problem. 

No one is born to be this way or to do this to such innocent people espically Children under 16's

Just now, Mike E said:

You aren't even close to upset by it and you know it. You appear quite glad about it so you can spew hatred against a population that consists of around 1/5th of the world.

How dare you!  If I was in punching distance of you right now, I'd break your jaw for you , you obnoxious little S**t

Archived