BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

Tony Mowbray on discussions with #Rovers owners: "The owners were supportive of my ideas and plans...I am very happy to move forward."

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/tony-mowbray-blackburn-rovers-3723649.aspx

Asked Rich Sharpe about an interview with Mowbray and coaching staff changes

Here the reply

understand he's still in India but going to give him a try. Believe further announcements expected in the coming days.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news, however the proof of the pudding etc.

Let's see what happens when TM asks for a few quid for transfers - or even player wages!

" Yes Tony, no Tony, certainly Tony, oh absolutely Tony"

"Great, right I must be off, my flight's in a couple of hours. Good to meet you. See you soon"

"Has he gone yet?" " Thank F for that. Can't believe we've fobbed him off that easy!"

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Just extremely frustrated that it is as a League 1 club.

He is now managing with one arm tied behind his back. The Coyle debacle should never be forgiven...

Just a chapter in "Rao's Inferno" and our descent into Hell.

Just not sure which circle it was.:angry:

That was quick. Is he not meant to be over there for a few days?

Word for word it sounds perfect. Now, I will be interested to hear more from Mowbray and dig into the detail a lot further. 

We don't need propaganda. 

Still, I am delighted that he is staying. 

Just now, tomphil said:

Looks like he's prepared to stay which is good but he'll soon find out Venkys words are empty and meaningless.

exactly - history repeating itself. Lets see what squad we enter the season with. So apparently happy to spend nothing for 4 transfer windows including last January when we were staring into the abyss and let us get relegated but now supporting the manager to get us back up again. Do me a favour . I am worn out with bullsh1te and wont be adding to the 700 who have bought ST's so far.

Very quick. Quite spooky really. He wasn't due to go out to India until Sunday so to get there and have his meeting in less than 2 days must be a record in Venky land. Usually people are sat around for days enjoying the Pune scenery whilst Madam deals with other more important things. Unless this meeting has been with only Balaji in which case Mowbray should be very careful.

We need to understand the term 'they assured me of their financial commitment'. In normal football speak that means rejecting offers for our best players and providing the cold hard cash to go out and sign new ones. That doesn't mean selling off everyone and loans/frees only coming in. In Venky world financial commitment appears to mean they will pay the gas, electric, wages, service the debt but no more than that.

If Mowbray has had talks with madam and has got her approval on specific numbers and promise of cash then great, if he's had Balaji promising him the earth I suspect he's going to be disappointed.

I'm glad at Mowbray is staying on - given his post match comments at Brentford I was sure it was only a matter of time before he left. However this is Venkys and who actually believes anything that comes out of their mouth and to be fair we have heard this ALL before. The proof will be in the transfer activity over the summer, although not holding my breath!

:brfc:

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tony Mowbray on discussions with #Rovers owners: "The owners were supportive of my ideas and plans...I am very happy to move forward."

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/tony-mowbray-blackburn-rovers-3723649.aspx

Asked Rich Sharpe about an interview with Mowbray and coaching staff changes

Here the reply

understand he's still in India but going to give him a try. Believe further announcements expected in the coming days.

Whooppee do!!

This is not about whether TM goes or stays , Chaddy . he's just a pawn in their hideous little game that has completely ransacked our club and everything dear to it.I know your only reporting what has been said and not aiming at you.

But the facts are that Venkys apparently support a guy that came in 3 months ago. That's not important. What is important is when these two hats are going to get the flick out of our Club and our lives. Nothing else has changed. Chestnut will still be trying to move teacups from one side of his desk to the other and passing it off as a crucial part of running the Club and other than Pasha letting off bombs and running in to the shadows nothing has changed.

The Club is about to go into the biggest black hole we have known in our history in terms of its debt and it simply cannot afford to operate without massive change /cutbacks OR Venkys piling in more millions. And that is probably tens of millions.

And they are backing the manager?????? How can anybody possibly think this is good news. Its no news......simply the same old fudge and drivel that we have been force fed for 7 years.

In the words of Dunny guys.....now is the time to get real!!! 

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Very quick. Quite spooky really. He wasn't due to go out to India until Sunday so to get there and have his meeting in less than 2 days must be a record in Venky land. Usually people are sat around for days enjoying the Pune scenery whilst Madam deals with other more important things. Unless this meeting has been with only Balaji in which case Mowbray should be very careful.

We need to understand the term 'they assured me of their financial commitment'. In normal football speak that means rejecting offers for our best players and providing the cold hard cash to go out and sign new ones. That doesn't mean selling off everyone and loans/frees only coming in. In Venky world financial commitment appears to mean they will pay the gas, electric, wages, service the debt but no more than that.

If Mowbray has had talks with madam and has got her approval on specific numbers and promise of cash then great, if he's had Balaji promising him the earth I suspect he's going to be disappointed.

I wonder if it was rescheduled for somewhere a bit closer ?  Colchester maybe or Zurich :o

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's going to be a long negative summer on here. 

Hopefully Mowbray is allowed to bring some positivity back. 

Him staying is an absolute god send, having to get a new manager in now to asses the squad would leave us in some hole. 

We're already in one.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's going to be a long negative summer on here. 

Hopefully Mowbray is allowed to bring some positivity back. 

Him staying is an absolute god send, having to get a new manager in now to asses the squad would leave us in some hole. 

I wouldn't go as far as saying its a 'god send'. I'm pleased he says he's staying because I don't think we'll get a better manager under these buffoons. Not because of our league status or finances, but because they will promote Dunny. Ultimately though whilst some stability and clarity on the managerial position is welcome, I'm not going to be cracking open the Bollinger just yet.

People are being negative because there's no reason to be positive.

I'd love to be excited about next season and a promotion push but they've made a mess of every summer since 2010 so there's little reason to think this will be any different just because someone has told Mowbray he's got their support.

The proof will be in the pudding. If they go out and assemble a strong squad, spend some money and keep our better players then I'll be happier.

Archived