BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

• Backroom

Any "abuse" went both ways over the course of the season. As happens on forums and terraces across the country every week. Brfcs isn't the bubble some make it out to be. 

Fact is the negative posters have been more right than they have been wrong over the last 7 years. How many of the ultra positive posters have come out and admitted they were wrong? Very few, and why should they? Opinions are opinions. The only time people should apologise is if they overstepped the mark and got personal. Otherwise they've done nothing wrong besides having an opinion that turned out to be inaccurate. Happens all the time.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Mowbray supporters” - love it.

Does that mean that if he goes to West Brom or Stoke or wherever you’ll follow him?

We are all Blackburn Rovers supporters and how we each vocalise our support is what makes messageboards what they are.

Just doing a bit of research on Mowbrays championship record here. Won the title in 2007/2008 after making a profit on transfers that summer, bringing in 14 players. Made the FA cup semi final too. Also, look at those October and November results in the league, familiar eh. Loves a good October and November does Tony. On the below though, Jesus what a season West Brom had that year, 20 more goals scored than any other team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_West_Bromwich_Albion_F.C._season 

Next season won't be Tonys 1st rodeo. We are in good hands

On 10/05/2018 at 12:47, Bigdoggsteel said:

Just doing a bit of research on Mowbrays championship record here. Won the title in 2007/2008 after making a profit on transfers that summer, bringing in 14 players. Made the FA cup semi final too. Also, look at those October and November results in the league, familiar eh. Loves a good October and November does Tony. On the below though, Jesus what a season West Brom had that year, 20 more goals scored than any other team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007–08_West_Bromwich_Albion_F.C._season 

Next season won't be Tonys 1st rodeo. We are in good hands

That was some season he had there. I see he brought in James Morrison, a player I have always thought to be very underated. His contract is up at the end of the season. Wonder if TM fancies a shot at him again? Would be a quality addition to the squad. 

1 hour ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

That was some season he had there. I see he brought in James Morrison, a player I have always thought to be very underated. His contract is up at the end of the season. Wonder if TM fancies a shot at him again? Would be a quality addition to the squad. 

Good call 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Good call 

Cracking shout. Wages permitting of course.

People have given Mowbray crap in the past for only signing players he knows. But for me, if you can play at a higher level - then attitude, drive, belief, personality and team compatibility counts for a hell of a lot more than overt flair, reputation and stats. 

Ask a Burnley, Huddersfield, Brighton or especially Stoke fan if they agree.

Seemed a hard worker, good player and a good egg. 

Signing the RIGHT older pros under Mowbray would be light years away from @#/?ing Danny Murphy under Steve bastard Kean.

If Mowbray rates them and trusts them, they’ll do for me.

ITWT

edit-

He might be a right tit for all I know, mind.

Archived