BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most interesting comment of Mowbray' s interview is near the end when he says he doesn't want to reveal his hand to the opposition with regards to buying players. This suggests he has been 'promised' a decent budget and doesn't want to be held to ransom by other clubs who at see us as big spenders.

We shall see.....

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

The most interesting comment of Mowbray' s interview is near the end when he says he doesn't want to reveal his hand to the opposition with regards to buying players. This suggests he has been 'promised' a decent budget and doesn't want to be held to ransom by other clubs who at see us as big spenders.

We shall see.....

Wake up.

That dream turns into a nightmare. I know.

Ah the good old days when the lads at Sky Sports needed only to click their fingers and Mrs Desai/Venkatesh would do a sit down TV interview and reveal all. Nowadays it isnt so simple now their barrow boy friend is out of the loop and isn't orchestrating the whole thing.

Amazing how it wasn't more suspicious at the time. How on earth did Sky Sports manage to get all those 'exclusives' with the Rao's I wonder.....

Just now, JHRover said:

Ah the good old days when the lads at Sky Sports needed only to click their fingers and Mrs Desai/Venkatesh would do a sit down TV interview and reveal all. Nowadays it isnt so simple now their barrow boy friend is out of the loop and isn't orchestrating the whole thing.

Amazing how it wasn't more suspicious at the time. How on earth did Sky Sports manage to get all those 'exclusives' with the Rao's I wonder.....

I know and Venky is considered the normal one ffs.

5 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Very pleased that Mowbray is staying.  Talks a huge amount of sense and I think offers us the chance to move forward.  Everything will depend on what backing he gets, but the fact that he has opted to stay suggests he feels confident that something will be made available.

Lambert signed up in exactly the same way so I suggest we don't get our hopes up too high. If there is any consistency about Venkys its failure to deliver.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

With you there, first hand experience of hearing promises that never came to pass.

Fool me once......

There is a cultural side to this. According to friends of mine who have lived out there Indians do not like to refuse people. Its considered polite to tell people want they want to hear or, at least, to lead them in that direction.

What we would regard as lying they regard as good manners! In this respect Venkys are as well mannered as it gets!

Just now, 47er said:

There is a cultural side to this. According to friends of mine who have lived out there Indians do not like to refuse people. Its considered polite to tell people want they want to hear or, at least, to lead them in that direction.

What we would regard as lying they regard as good manners! In this respect Venkys are as well mannered as it gets!

Why do we get Balaji and Desai making decisions... I wonder what Venky thinks. Still confused? 

Glad he's staying, not hopeful he hasn't been given a bunch of lies.

Anyway under FFP in League One Venkys can invest as much as they want in cash, just not in IOU's. Looking forward to those empty promises too.

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's going to be a long negative summer on here. 

Hopefully Mowbray is allowed to bring some positivity back. 

Him staying is an absolute god send, having to get a new manager in now to asses the squad would leave us in some hole. 

Absolutely. Entirely predictable responses on here really. If Mowbray had said he wasn't happy with the meeting and was  off then no doubt the majority of the Board would have been in their element saying it proved what utter ******* Venky's were etc etc.

However somewhat against expectations the opposite occurs, Mowbray apparently declares he is very satisfied with the way talks have gone and the only response is "Hmmph! They must be lying!" or "Hmmph Mowbray must be naive!".

On the face of it this is very good news and whilst it would indeed  be somewhat naive to assume the Rao's  will definitely back up their assurances im prepared to take Mowbray's apparent satisfaction at face value until proven orherwise.

The other thing that struck me from this development was that it is obviously possible to get hold of the owners if you're prepared to make the effort and are a man of honesty and integrity intent on fulfilling your contract as opposed to a mercenary only here for a few months intent on nothing other than boosting your Bank balance.

Whether or not the owners actually deliver on their assurances obviously remains to be seen. The Rao family/Venky's Hatcheries London Ltd. - its over to you.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Your friends are accurate in appraisal. Do not be suprised if reality is the complete opposite of what TM thinks he was told.

Do we know which of the clan he met and spoke to?

The audioboom interview sounded like both were in the same studio. Very clear, the wonders of IT.

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely. Entirely predictable responses on here really. If Mowbray had said he wasn't happy with the meeting and was  off then no doubt the majority of the Board would have been in their element saying it proved what utter ******* Venky's were etc etc.

However somewhat against expectations the opposite occurs, Mowbray apparently declares he is very satisfied with the way talks have gone and the only response is "Hmmph! They must be lying!" or "Hmmph Mowbray must be naive!".

On the face of it this is very good news and whilst it would indeed  be somewhat naive to assume the Rao's  will definitely back up their assurances im prepared to take Mowbray's apparent satisfaction at face value until proven orherwise.

The other thing that struck me from this development was that it is obviously possible to get hold of the owners if you're prepared to make the effort and are a man of honesty and integrity intent on fulfilling your contract as opposed to a mercenary only here for a few months intent on nothing other than boosting your Bank balance.

Whether or not the owners actually deliver on their assurances obviously remains to be seen. The Rao family/Venky's Hatcheries London Ltd. - its over to you.

Hedging your bets a bit there but still keen to give it to the cautious.

Like the rest of us you haven't a clue what the Raos will actually do. We can only use past performance and their's sucks.

The game changer overview findings are yet to be announced.

Presumably what they are offering/telling Mowbray is independent of the outcome of the expensive and thorough assessments that KPMG and Deloitte are in the process of completing for them.

I'm no accountant but I know these reports won't make for pleasant reading and won't suggest there is money lying around for new players and resisting bids for current players. Of course Venkys can invest their money if they wish but then why bother spending so much of it on accountants to tell you something that is obvious?

It would just sum this lot up to suddenly decide to release funds for Mowbray whilst bringing in top accountants to examine where to save a few quid at Ewood/Brockhall. 

Just now, JHRover said:

Presumably what they are offering/telling Mowbray is independent of the outcome of the expensive and thorough assessments that KPMG and Deloitte are in the process of completing for them.

I'm no accountant but I know these reports won't make for pleasant reading and won't suggest there is money lying around for new players and resisting bids for current players. Of course Venkys can invest their money if they wish but then why bother spending so much of it on accountants to tell you something that is obvious?

It would just sum this lot up to suddenly decide to release funds for Mowbray whilst bringing in top accountants to examine where to save a few quid at Ewood/Brockhall. 

Agree, sounds like they don't trust Cheston tbh

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Entirely predictable, based on several years experience.

Even if Venkys do loosen the purse strings a little, they will still be trying to run the show from India, so the decision making process will still be far too slow.

Archived