BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

Just now, A cup of beans said:

For goodness sake, Chaddy. We could afford a lot of things if Venkys covered them. These ***** have proven time and time again, they lie and deceive and still people are inclined to swallow their nonsense.

I'd love him to stay and rip up LGE 1, but lets not kid ourselves, the club will want his wages off the bill. Anyone who believes otherwise is deluded.

There was one such soul on twitter last night. I wont name him, but to paraphrase, he'd: " bought his season ticket and was really looking forwards to the season, now relegation had sunk in."

It seems to me that chaddy can't make any point without being jumped on. Not everybody shares his positive outlook, we get that. Just leave him be if you don't. 

Taking Mowbray at face values on what he says is not deluded. Buying a season ticket and looking forward to the season, again, nothing wrong with that. 

I don't think the venkys are evil. Their worst quality is stubberness, they should have left ye s ago.  I think that they do/did want to club to succeed, but are clueless about football and got terrible advice from snakes. If they listen to Mowbray, I believe we can have a good season next year. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JonnyP said:

If TM does by some miracle get funding and is able to bring some players in and manages to keep what we have, he will be under some pressure to get us back up.

Sooner or later we will sink to a level whereby the Rao's can afford to fund the club to compete on the pitch.

Perhaps that level is L1

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

Just seeing there that mahoney probably isn't going to resign. Looks like he's gone 

It's been written in the stars since the ref blew his full time whistle vs Brentford.

It is a shame. We don't get to see his full potential in a rovers shirt, but hopefully we get some decent compensations dosh / future sell-on fee's.

The compensation we get for Mahoney will, if we're lucky, be the sum total of Mowbray's summer transfer warchest.

Mowbray will know Mahoney is down the road and has been for several months. His conversation with the Indians probably amounted to their verbal agreement that the cash from Mahoney + other sales will be given back to him.

As Gary Bowyer found out with Cairney and Gestede, Lambert found out with Rhodes and Coyle found out with Hanley and Duffy, the money doesn't reappear.....

Tony Mowbray comes across as a straight talking bloke, who eats, drinks and sleeps football. At the recent Bi Annual meeting he almost looked zoned out as he talked away about football, you can see and hear his passion for the game which on the sound of it could be brilliant for us. However this could well be his downfall at Ewood, he stated that night that the politics and administration of football aren't his thing, he is a grass roots guy who just enjoys managing football teams planning squads and tactics etc.

Venkys as we all know aint known for reliability and honesty. They have made assurances that for now Tony appears happy with BUT this happened with Lambert too. He was promised a sizeable budget to work with (up to £20m) and turned out to be a big fat zero, he did the honourable thing and walked away, not prepared to be part of the charade.

If Venkys don't deliver whatever they have promised Mowbray I expect he will walk away without hesitation, like Lambert in Mowbray we have got a man with integrity pride and not a yes man.

Over to you Venkys.................................. I'm not holding my breath 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It seems to me that chaddy can't make any point without being jumped on. Not everybody shares his positive outlook, we get that. Just leave him be if you don't. 

Taking Mowbray at face values on what he says is not deluded. Buying a season ticket and looking forward to the season, again, nothing wrong with that. 

I don't think the venkys are evil. Their worst quality is stubberness, they should have left ye s ago.  I think that they do/did want to club to succeed, but are clueless about football and got terrible advice from snakes. If they listen to Mowbray, I believe we can have a good season next year. 

People want an easy target and I'm it. Thats fine now, I just move on now. 

I believe in Mowbray alot and I believe he is honest and trustworthy person who wouldnt lie to the fans. 

If People dont believe him then dont. But I DO

Just now, pk1875 said:

Tony Mowbray comes across as a straight talking bloke, who eats, drinks and sleeps football. At the recent Bi Annual meeting he almost looked zoned out as he talked away about football, you can see and hear his passion for the game which on the sound of it could be brilliant for us. However this could well be his downfall at Ewood, he stated that night that the politics and administration of football aren't his thing, he is a grass roots guy who just enjoys managing football teams planning squads and tactics etc.

Venkys as we all know aint known for reliability and honesty. They have made assurances that for now Tony appears happy with BUT this happened with Lambert too. He was promised a sizeable budget to work with (up to £20m) and turned out to be a big fat zero, he did the honourable thing and walked away, not prepared to be part of the charade.

If Venkys don't deliver whatever they have promised Mowbray I expect he will walk away without hesitation, like Lambert in Mowbray we have got a man with integrity pride and not a yes man.

Over to you Venkys.................................. I'm not holding my breath 

But dont remember Lambert ever meeting the owners in India or here. 

Didnt Pasha and Myers get him to the club?

Mowbray has been to India for face to face talks and he come back with assurances and positive things to say. 

• Backroom

I think it's pretty duplicitous to suggest people think Mowbray is lying. The responses make it pretty obvious that Venky's are the target of mistrust, not Mowbray. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I believe in Mowbray alot and I believe he is honest and trustworthy person who wouldnt lie to the fans. 

Mowbray has been to India for face to face talks and he come back with assurances and positive things to say. 

No lambert never met the owners I do recall after the burnley game he was in the LT stating there needed to be figure head at Ewood that he wasn't prepared to go down the same route as villa.

He started communication through  Pasha then. Then word came through of no money for summer & that loans and frees would be the order of the day. Lambert wasn't prepared to wait around as he was sold a pup. 

It's going to be a long summer hopefully not one of empty promises 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Unless Mowbray has established a relationship with Madame, taken his wife with him and they've been on shopping trips round Pune over the weekend then it doesn't matter. Madame will only back someone if she likes them or in Bowyer's case if she can be persuaded to loosen the purse strings with the promise of a return on those players.

I don't believe for one minute they're planning on handing Mowbray serious money and certainly not before decimating what is left of our squad through sales.

43 minutes ago, Leyland-Rover said:

It's been written in the stars since the ref blew his full time whistle vs Brentford.

It is a shame. We don't get to see his full potential in a rovers shirt, but hopefully we get some decent compensations dosh / future sell-on fee's.

I know but you are hoping beyond hope that he will stay. I'd imagine Stanley will be due a cut from whateverwe get. 

It's junior holiett all over again 

I know but you are hoping beyond hope that he will stay. I'd imagine Stanley will be due a cut from whateverwe get. 

It's junior holiett all over again 

Not quite, whilst you can hardly blame Junior for maximising his earning potential, you can say he was an ungrateful sod as we nurtured him, gave him a chance to earn a work permit/German nationality and then blooded him in the first team.

Just now, Biz said:

Not quite, whilst you can hardly blame Junior for maximising his earning potential, you can say he was an ungrateful sod as we nurtured him, gave him a chance to earn a work permit/German nationality and then blooded him in the first team.

Was Hoilett even offered a new contract?

My money is on it being another Marshall situation. The behaviour and language of the club is/was identical. If the club didn't even offer him a new deal then none of us can blame him departing and going elsewhere.

Mahoney will be the same. If the club hasn't offered him a new, improved deal then why would he or any player in the world agree to stay? If the club is in such a financial state that it can't or won't offer improved terms to its best prospects then that isn't his fault.

Mowbray isn't going to get much money and is going to have to work smart like Ken Furphy when we found ourselves in the Third Division.  Cashed in on Hunter to raise initial funds and then sold Bobby Bell, who'd arrived as part of the Hunter deal, just two weeks after signing him and making him captain.  Players were picked up for little or no money and on exchange deals.  We'd signed any number of players over the course of a few weeks and still been able to bank a sizeable amount of cash.  Mowbray strikes me as the kind of guy who can work in this market just as Furphy, Lee and Smith did all those years ago.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

There are too many unknowns to  even contemplate what kind of season we're going to have. With these shysters still in charge you can bet on it being another disappointment. I want Rovers to win, I want to get back to where we belong but until Venkys bugger off it isn't going to happen.  

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I trust what Mowbray says. I just don't trust the liars who promised things to him. They are habitual liars who couldn't tell the truth if they tried, so whatever Mowbray has been told, I doubt it will happen, not from lack of effort on his part but because their promises are like pie crust

Just now, JHRover said:

Was Hoilett even offered a new contract?

My money is on it being another Marshall situation. The behaviour and language of the club is/was identical. If the club didn't even offer him a new deal then none of us can blame him departing and going elsewhere.

Mahoney will be the same. If the club hasn't offered him a new, improved deal then why would he or any player in the world agree to stay? If the club is in such a financial state that it can't or won't offer improved terms to its best prospects then that isn't his fault.

I couldn't say for sure JHR, can only go off what was said at the time. It seemed off signing a two year deal initially, also and that was under big Sam wasn't it?

I don't think we were in a financial state when Hoilett was leaving since we signed up a few players on mega wages the summer he left. The thing with Mahoney leaving always seemed more like he wanted to go somewhere he started games.

21 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You could stop being the easy target easily tbf mate.

I wont stop being positive dont like then so be it. I wont be negative. 

Im looking forward to see the type of squad Mowbray build and seeing a proper style of play and couple of different formations

17 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

No lambert never met the owners I do recall after the burnley game he was in the LT stating there needed to be figure head at Ewood that he wasn't prepared to go down the same route as villa.

He started communication through  Pasha then. Then word came through of no money for summer & that loans and frees would be the order of the day. Lambert wasn't prepared to wait around as he was sold a pup. 

Thats what I thought happened

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Unless Mowbray has established a relationship with Madame, taken his wife with him and they've been on shopping trips round Pune over the weekend then it doesn't matter. Madame will only back someone if she likes them or in Bowyer's case if she can be persuaded to loosen the purse strings with the promise of a return on those players.

I don't believe for one minute they're planning on handing Mowbray serious money and certainly not before decimating what is left of our squad through sales.

He met the owners. Who they were I dont know. 

What do you called Serious money? 

If he given a couple of millions plus also very decent wage budget and most of the squad then he can build a promotion squad. 

Some decent league 1 players out there available on free transfers and low wages. I did suggest some names before. 

Just now, gumboots said:

I trust what Mowbray says. I just don't trust the liars who promised things to him. They are habitual liars who couldn't tell the truth if they tried, so whatever Mowbray has been told, I doubt it will happen, not from lack of effort on his part but because their promises are like pie crust

Mowbray has gone public with the assurances

1 hour ago, Biz said:

No wouldn't blame him for wanting away as the circus was at its height when he was here. Why do they always wait until the last minute to try and do the deal.

I heard pulis praising John Williams for the great work he is doing behind the scenes 

I heard pulis praising John Williams for the great work he is doing behind the scenes 

John Williams was undoubtedly the biggest loss.

We seem to be getting carried away with this financial support thing again. If they don't organise the club properly the only way is down no matter how much money they fling in. We've been here before, no trip to India is going to even start to improve this disaster.

Archived