BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

FFS. Mowbray has only been here 5 minutes. He can't sense their bullsht yet. Before some of you gullible fools wet your pants over so called financial backing try to remember the last 6 years.

Wobble a give head your

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wont stop being positive dont like then so be it. I wont be negative. 

What do you called Serious money? 

If he given a couple of millions plus also very decent wage budget and most of the squad then he can build a promotion squad. 

This sums up the frustration with your posts Chaddy.

If we didn't spend any money last year when we brought in £15mill from sales, and are dropping another £4million+ in tv rights, we obviously are not going to spend £2million.

People talk about Ostriches on here but this is a prime example. It ain't going to happen.

Your positivity is based on the impossible.

We have to remember that we are in League One, so there shouldn’t be an expectation from the supporters that we are going to spend millions and millions of pounds on players. There aren’t many teams in League One that buy any footballers, so it is good for me that we can go and buy players"

Mowbray in today's LT, which has already been linked. He's being pretty clear.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15308764._There_is_going_to_be_a_budget_to_purchase_some_players____Rovers_boss_assured_of_money_to_spend_by_owners_Venky_s/?ref=mac

“It can be done on free transfers and loan players but I would like to try and build a club and not have a scenario of having so many players leave at the end of the season"

Didn't he say the opposite of this when he left Coventry? Regardless, it's good that someone is actually thinking of a strategic plan and telling our clueless owners why it is necessary not to just loan players and contract crocks each summer.

Don't worry we are going to sign a few players with Championship potential and they'll get there next season. Not with us through they'll have a season here then be flogged on to champ clubs along wigh any of our youth that makes the grade.

Our ambition is to tread water and make those percentages.

Just now, tomphil said:

Don't worry we are going to sign a few players with Championship potential and they'll get there next season. Not with us through they'll have a season here then be flogged on to champ clubs along wigh any of our youth that makes the grade.

Nearly right. They'll be on loan so no percentages.

Just now, tomphil said:

There are no percentages at this level just more debt, unless they start shutting down and/or sellling of facilities. I wouldn't put it past them, but I also don't see much in the corpse for the hangers on, and if they aren't leaving - it's in their interests to bring us back.

Actions, words n all that.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wont stop being positive dont like then so be it. I wont be negative. 

Im looking forward to see the type of squad Mowbray build and seeing a proper style of play and couple of different formations

Thats what I thought happened

He met the owners. Who they were I dont know. 

What do you called Serious money? 

If he given a couple of millions plus also very decent wage budget and most of the squad then he can build a promotion squad. 

Some decent league 1 players out there available on free transfers and low wages. I did suggest some names before. 

Mowbray has gone public with the assurances

If he's given a couple of million? That's the most ridiculous thing you've ever said. What planet are you on mate :lol::lol::lol::lol: 

3 hours ago, McClarky said:

We seem to be getting carried away with this financial support thing again. If they don't organise the club properly the only way is down no matter how much money they fling in. We've been here before, no trip to India is going to even start to improve this disaster.

Exactly £120million gone in 7 years . An average therefore of £20 million a year has seen us drop 2 leagues. Where does £2million or so get you next  I ask???!!!

58 minutes ago, Biz said:

There are no percentages at this level just more debt, unless they start shutting down and/or sellling of facilities. I wouldn't put it past them, but I also don't see much in the corpse for the hangers on, and if they aren't leaving - it's in their interests to bring us back.

Actions, words n all that.

I'm not sure bringing us back up is in tneir interests now to be honest as promotion means pay rises and bonuses just after theres been pay cuts, cost cuts and lesser paid players. The slight jump in income back inthe Champ would barely cover it so i think a few seasons down here costing nothing whilst possibly breeding a group of players to sell again albeit not for previous figures will suit them just fine.

Even at absolute basic we are losing 8-10m a season with this academy, training facilities and stadium so, whilst the Rao way is always ridiculous, it just doesn't make sense for to me, to keep adding up money for the sake of 2% back every-now n then.

1 promotion, some renewed optimism(and season tickets) + the 5m minimum extra in TV revenue = something the unambitious might be more favourable of. They would also improve chances of selling. 

Again, id be suprised if they can keep the players necessary and let TM spend (even a modest) some cash to return first time - no amount of words matter though, just action.

Only 9 weeks till season :-)

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some decent league 1 players out there available on free transfers and low wages. I did suggest some names before. 

I just cannot work you out. You are like a stuck record,  You have posted this tripe every time another sucker swallows the venkys bullshyte and agrees to manage this shower.  Either you are on the wind up, or you just dont give a monkees whats happening as long as you can play this silly game of suggesting a whole host of lower league players in the hope that you get some reflected glory if some of your shiit sticks.  I said it first, no I did....blah blah.

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

This sums up the frustration with your posts Chaddy.

If we didn't spend any money last year when we brought in £15mill from sales, and are dropping another £4million+ in tv rights, we obviously are not going to spend £2million.

People talk about Ostriches on here but this is a prime example. It ain't going to happen.

Your positivity is based on the impossible.

I am very awarewess of the money drop. Mowbray is a good guy and I have alot of believe in him. 

Its your frustration not mine. 

3 hours ago, Butty said:

If he's given a couple of million? That's the most ridiculous thing you've ever said. What planet are you on mate :lol::lol::lol::lol: 

Awesome comment but look at Mowbray's comment post Pune meeting..

3 hours ago, gumboots said:

What difference does that make other than to show them up for the liars they are if they don't give him the backing

Well lets see if he is backed or not..

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I just cannot work you out. You are like a stuck record,  You have posted this tripe every time another sucker swallows the venkys bullshyte and agrees to manage this shower.  Either you are on the wind up, or you just dont give a monkees whats happening as long as you can play this silly game of suggesting a whole host of lower league players in the hope that you get some reflected glory if some of your shiit sticks.  I said it first, no I did....blah blah.

I am Rovers fan who passionate about his club. Nothing else.clearly you have the problem aint me

I suggest players who can come in and do a job for the club even at this level. I watched alot of football from whichever division it is. 

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Hey, hey... he's too busy posting to put anybody down.

15 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Mowbray isn't going to get much money and is going to have to work smart like Ken Furphy when we found ourselves in the Third Division.  Cashed in on Hunter to raise initial funds and then sold Bobby Bell, who'd arrived as part of the Hunter deal, just two weeks after signing him and making him captain.  Players were picked up for little or no money and on exchange deals.  We'd signed any number of players over the course of a few weeks and still been able to bank a sizeable amount of cash.  Mowbray strikes me as the kind of guy who can work in this market just as Furphy, Lee and Smith did all those years ago.

I wouldn't call that "smart" Parson.

Selling the best players and losing the best managers just ensured that we became a lower league team in 1966 and remained an uncompetitive lower league team until Jack Walkers money started to show in the late 80's.

1 hour ago, den said:

I wouldn't call that "smart" Parson.

Selling the best players and losing the best managers just ensured that we became a lower league team in 1966 and remained an uncompetitive lower league team until Jack Walkers money started to show in the late 80's.

When you have no money you have to be "smart" when working the market.  As you say, until Jack started pouring money into the club it was the only way to manage.  Burnley have shown that it can be done without the money that Jack provided for us and that is the route we are now going to have to take.  

I didn't say you couldn't get out of the championship with no money Parson. I said a policy of selling your best players and losing your best managers isn't smart. It isn't a method that rovers have ever been successful with. It might be the only way a club can survive, but that doesn't make it a good plan. Especially when none of the money is reinvested into the playing squad.

Archived