BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tom said:

Well he's put himself right under pressure, if he gets sacked soon he's earned it today 

Del Williams on the left wing is borderline "Kean playing Jason Lowe right wing debacle" of 2012/13. Shocking decision. Playing Peter Whittingham on the right was also horrendous.

Hope he learns from this quickly.

• Backroom

It was a Souness playing Matteo on the wing kind of day.

Gross incompetence, the worst thing is us mere mortals can all see it, play 4-4-2 from the start and match teams instead of arty farty rubbish 

12 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Unforgivable today starting one up front, against Doncaster. He needs to realise that is not the formation to play, if we're going to avoid relegation to League 2. ?

Fully agree. no ambition in front of the home support.

Embarrassed to say I've been today.

Rovers hammered and embarrassed by Doncaster at home in the 3rd tier whilst Burnley give the Champions of England a lesson in their own back yard.

Let that sink in. Especially the sheep who give all the crooks and neverdowells all the slack in the world whilst are quick to cut fellow fans offat the knee.

Just like everything the Bolton, Wigan & Houston fans said about Coyle very quickly came true the same is unfolding that Boro & Cov fans warned about. Based this not on two games but last season as well where the great efforts against Villa & Brentford aside it was pretty poor tactically, those 2 teams were also on the beach.

Early days yes but he seems determined to play these silly formations and try and make it work rather than starting from basics and building from there.

If he does it again next week away at a team like Bradford it'll back fire again and some serious questions need to be asked of him then. Talk of gelling and stuff is good and well but it was plain to everyone last week and this that the team selection and formation employed was totally wrong for the jobs in hand and don't suit the players HE himself has brought in.

If this was Clownpants we'd be saying he's doing it on purpose.  Sort it out man ffs !

45 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Unforgivable today starting one up front, against Doncaster. He needs to realise that is not the formation to play, if we're going to avoid relegation to League 2. ?

One up front is unforgiveable....Early days but we have nt enough players with the right attitude....Ward and Williams must be dropped asap....

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Wouldnt be sacking Mowbray as time soon. 

We have signed 10 players this season and he should be given time to get the players playing his way. Deserve at least half a season imo

By which time we'll probably be relegated. I agree that it's too soon to panic just yet, but we can't wait half a season either. We saw what happened when Coyle was under no pressure

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was scratching my head when I saw the line ups. It was like he'd put all the names in a hat and played the first eleven names he drew out. This is probably the lowest moment in the history of the club. Even the banging at Shrewsbury was an away loss.

Perhaps he found Gary's tombola.

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was scratching my head when I saw the line ups. It was like he'd put all the names in a hat and played the first eleven names he drew out. This is probably the lowest moment in the history of the club. Even the banging at Shrewsbury was an away loss.

Like everybody else, the line up was mystifying. No pace , no guile, one ( carthorse) up front, 2 supposedly attacking full backs ( shire horses) , and Dick Whittingham in midfield, missing a role in a panto. We will only get out of this Division , by imposing ourselves on the opposition, pressing and bullying them. As nice as it mind sound TM, your tactics and mindset are from a long gone era.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have signed 10 players this season and he should be given time to get the players playing his way. Deserve at least half a season imo

He 'deserves' frig all. His job is to win football matches. He's been well backed in the transfer market. That today was a disgrace.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you honestly think the players are up to playing his way? Slow, pedantic and sedate movement of the ball in systems you need a degree in rocket science to fathom. To use a Stan Ternant phrase 'we are Blackburn not Barcelona'. His way just isn't suited to the rough and tumble of league one and the sooner his ego and stubbornness realise this we might move on.

Just now, arbitro said:

Do you honestly think the players are up to playing his way? Slow, pedantic and sedate movement of the ball in systems you need a degree in rocket science to fathom. To use a Stan Ternant phrase 'we are Blackburn not Barcelona'. His way just isn't suited to the rough and tumble of league one and the sooner his ego and stubbornness realise this we might move on.

I'd go as far as to say he's clinically deluded if he thinks we're going to stroke the ball round like sloths and still go up.

Archived