BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I'd go as far as to say he's clinically deluded if he thinks we're going to stroke the ball round like sloths and still go up.

I don't like statistics as it gives managers license to make excuses but I would love to see one for how many unsuccessful passes were made today. The number of misplaced passes we made should tell Mowbray that this just isn't the way forward. Today elementary ten yard passes were played behind their intended recipient or even out of play. It's about as basic as you can get.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't like statistics as it gives managers license to make excuses but I would love to see one for how many unsuccessful passes were made today. The number of misplaced passes we made should tell Mowbray that this just isn't the way forward. Today elementary ten yard passes were played behind their intended recipient or even out of play. It's about as basic as you can get.

It was shocking.

It was humiliating to listen to Donny fans giving us the same chant as West Ham that time in the cup. They were right. "We're f*** s**t."

Then they sang something else about us being worse than a pub team. Painful......but correct.

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Do you honestly think the players are up to playing his way? Slow, pedantic and sedate movement of the ball in systems you need a degree in rocket science to fathom. To use a Stan Ternant phrase 'we are Blackburn not Barcelona'. His way just isn't suited to the rough and tumble of league one and the sooner his ego and stubbornness realise this we might move on.

I think we can play passing football but get to quick and decesive. Need more movement in attackimg areas

Ive already said.who I play for The Bradford game..what do you think?

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think we can play passing football but get to quick and decesive. Need more movement in attackimg areas

How were the players so unmotivated today?

Watched the goals a few times now. It's apparent our defenders are too slow  and not aggresive enough to play in a back 3. Our "wing backs  don't have the ability or brains to play as wing backs. Too soft all over the field. 

4-4-2 with the new lad from Leeds and Samuel's upfront. Graham's lack of effort is inexcusable. Play Dack attacking mid, Smallwood holding. Feeny and Conway on the wings. Simple Tony, simple. 

5 minutes ago, MGPensioner said:

I wonder if the existing players are not liking their wage reduction for relegation or potential moves being blocked ? 

Generally footballers are too thick to understand different systems. Third division players certainly are... or they wouldn't be playing in the third division.

The last paragraph is spot on.......

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have always believed that football is a simple game. As pretty much old school I used to listen to the likes of Clough and Paisley and understand and agree with pretty much everything they said. They (and many other managers) all sang from the same hymn sheet with regard to the simplicity of the game. For me it would always be square pegs in square holes and a nice balanced 4-4-2 to start the game. As the game develops changes can be made to suit these but the complexities of too many systems leave managers with no room for manoeuvre.

This system and style that Mowbray has decided upon is far too easy to play against. Today Doncaster allowed us as many passes as we liked in our final third today. They got men behind the ball as we stroked the ball along the back three. Mowbray needs to swallow his pride and change the system and style.

Doncaster seemed to be alot fitter hungrier to the ball, I can remember on 1 occasion far side to where I was sat a Doncaster player went on a lung bursting straight run must have ghosted about 2 to 3 players unchallenged. Should have played 2 upfront graham looked isolated.

2 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

Doncaster seemed to be alot fitter hungrier to the ball, I can remember on 1 occasion far side to where I was sat a Doncaster player went on a lung bursting straight run must have ghosted about 2 to 3 players unchallenged. Should have played 2 upfront graham looked isolated.

We haven't been fitter than any of our opponents in about 3-4 seasons

the unprofessional "kick about" by the subs at half time shows the amateur sh1t going on currently at the club. You wouldn't see a pub league team doing it. Incredible 

Assuming Lenihan not fit.

Would start off with 

Raya

Caddis      Wharton   Mulgrew   Doyle

Gladwin    Evans   Smallwood  Chapman

Dack

Samuel 

Subs:

JL

Graham

Bennett

Williams

Feeney

Antonsson 

Whittingham

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

By which time we'll probably be relegated. I agree that it's too soon to panic just yet, but we can't wait half a season either. We saw what happened when Coyle was under no pressure

we arent going to be relegation by xmas.

we all know the Coyle situation last season.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

That today was a disgrace.

didn't I called today's performance Pathetic in the match thread?

47 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How were the players so unmotivated today?

Watched the goals a few times now. It's apparent our defenders are too slow  and not aggresive enough to play in a back 3. Our "wing backs  don't have the ability or brains to play as wing backs. Too soft all over the field. 

4-4-2 with the new lad from Leeds and Samuel's upfront. Graham's lack of effort is inexcusable. Play Dack attacking mid, Smallwood holding. Feeny and Conway on the wings. Simple Tony, simple. 

wouldn't play Feeney or Conway but Chapman and Gladwin who have tricky and skills and some pace.

I haven't see the goals yet. watched them in morning

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I haven't see the goals yet. watched them in morning

So after trolling fans that you know won't go to the games because of Venkys, it turns out you didn't go either? I'm going to start calling you U-Turn man. 

Just now, J*B said:

So after trolling fans that you know won't go to the games because of Venkys, it turns out you didn't go either? I'm going to start calling you U-Turn man. 

J*B, I was at the game always. Ive renewed my season ticket. so why would Ive not be at the game?

I haven't see the goals since coming home on TV was my point.

I did get my thoughts on the game on the match thread. did you miss them?

trolling fans? you got a nerve to even suggest that after your constant witchhunting of me. Maybe practice what you preach J*B.

Chaddy do you still not understand why people feel the need to direct their anger or humour towards you?

"trolling fans" think about it. Why do you think Mercerman p****s everyone off with his harbinger of doom match predictions? At least he gets and acknowledges why he gets some stick.

1 minute ago, booth said:

Chaddy do you still not understand why people feel the need to direct their anger or humour towards you?

"trolling fans" think about it. Why do you think Mercerman p****s everyone off with his harbinger of doom match predictions? At least he gets and acknowledges why he gets some stick.

direct your anger towards if you want or if it makes you feel better, I really don't give a monkey toss in all fairness.

I think certain posters should look at their selves before telling me anything like Trolling or taking threads of topic.

Nothing wrong with Mercerman posts exactly that people don't like his predictions at all or his opinions

• Backroom

Even Steve Kean managed 4 out of 6 points from our first two games in the Championship. 

0 out of 6 is a nightmare start, but combine that with horrendous performances and you've got pressure being unnecessarily piled on very early in the season. We've already conceded 5 goals in 2 matches. 3 of those were at home. We couldn't even keep a clean sheet against Coventry in the cup. 

It's the same old crap every season. Can't defend, don't score enough, players look unfit and unprepared, manager is clueless. No matter who comes in as manager or which players are disgracing the shirt it's the same @#/? thing and it's getting really old. The only time we stopped leaking stupid amounts of goals was under Lambert and he split as soon as he realised what a cesspool this club is.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

direct your anger towards if you want or if it makes you feel better, I really don't give a monkey toss in all fairness.

I think certain posters should look at their selves before telling me anything like Trolling or taking threads of topic.

Nothing wrong with Mercerman posts exactly that people don't like his predictions at all or his opinions

I don't want to direct any anger towards you if I'm honest. Others will I'm sure but I'm still wondering whether you really are that naive or it's all an act.

At least you don't work in a zoo, you'd be poking the animals then wondering why you were getting mauled every other day.

1 minute ago, booth said:

I don't want to direct any anger towards you if I'm honest. Others will I'm sure but I'm still wondering whether you really are that naive or it's all an act.

At least you don't work in a zoo, you'd be poking the animals then wondering why you were getting mauled every other day.

naive at what?

I don't act at all. I want to talk Football. fed up of personal pathetic digs by some members tbh

5 minutes ago, booth said:

Do you honestly not comprehend why people might think you're naive or on the wind up? They tell you often enough.

No but I guess we are all different and have been through our own experiences in life. 

I'm really not bothered what people thinks. Certain people on here know me and the type of person i am. 

Anyway.im always to talk football and Rovers. 

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No but I guess we are all different and have been through our own experiences in life. 

I'm really not bothered what people thinks. Certain people on here know me and the type of person i am. 

But you clearly are bothered :o

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

we arent going to be relegation by xmas.

we all know the Coyle situation last season

If we carry on like this we could well be. 2 games, zero points, and, according to most who were there and have commented on the play, abysmal performances suggest thay unless things change dramatically we could be down by christmas or at least so far out of touch its just a question of time

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You talk crap

I'm beginning to think Mowbray is the worst manager this club has ever seen 

Honestly after that, I'd give him another 5 games. To see performances and points. He has been given more money than most managers before him. We have a wage bill and a squad that is far superior than any other. Zero excuses. I like the manager but last two games have been awful. 

Archived