BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Shut the forum, Chaddy has spoken!! We're all wasting our time.

We all know Venkys and their history/track record of making decisions. 

Venkys dont listen to anyone. 

Venkys have had plenty of time to make their right decisions here but dont or are far too slow in sacking managers and too quick in sacking others. This is Venkys all over

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Venkys don't want a board in place and nothing like what we had before. they clearly don't believe in a board structure and run a board on minimum staff level. Rovers did try to appoint Pasha as CEO in the summer when Coyle was appointed. Source was Nixon and he did reported it at the time

Venkys like to have involved in decisions making at club and don't trust most people

Would I like to see an CEO appoint? yes but clearly under that will never happen and everything is run by Pasha. Will keep going on about a lack of board or CEO and moan on here going to change anything? clearly not

I've asked for you to substantiate your claim once before and just ignored the post. Who do they trust and why? And why, if they have a lack of trust with "most people", are they seemingly willing to employ people like Senior, Rigg, Myers, Shaw and the like sporadically? Where are you getting this information from?

We can discuss what we like on this board. Getting rather bored of you attempting to dictate the policy on what should and shouldn't be discussed. I can't be the only one either. The old "I'm just here to talk football" line wore thin yonks ago.

9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Shut the forum, Chaddy has spoken!! We're all wasting our time.

Yep. Let's just discuss what formation TM may or may not play tomorrow (usually being wrong) and repost LT articles/Nixon links.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Venkys don't want a board in place and nothing like what we had before. they clearly don't believe in a board structure and run a board on minimum staff level. Rovers did try to appoint Pasha as CEO in the summer when Coyle was appointed. Source was Nixon and he did reported it at the time

Venkys like to have involved in decisions making at club and don't trust most people

Would I like to see an CEO appoint? yes but clearly under that will never happen and everything is run by Pasha. Will keep going on about a lack of board or CEO and moan on here going to change anything? clearly not

That's fine, I agree with nearly everything you say.

That doesn't mean we should delude ourselves that it is going to work, that they are putting things right, or that people should just forget all the above and live in a fantasy world where we are going to return to past glories with a sham structure in place.

50 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I've asked for you to substantiate your claim once before and just ignored the post. Who do they trust and why? And why, if they have a lack of trust with "most people", are they seemingly willing to employ people like Senior, Rigg, Myers, Shaw and the like sporadically? Where are you getting this information from?

We can discuss what we like on this board. Getting rather bored of you attempting to dictate the policy on what should and shouldn't be discussed. I can't be the only one either. The old "I'm just here to talk football" line wore thin yonks ago.

Yep. Let's just discuss what formation TM may or may not play tomorrow (usually being wrong) and repost LT articles/Nixon links.

No post was ignored from you firstly

who do they trust? very few people. Pasha is supposedly to be around from day 1. Huber? maybe Anderson? maybe other agents?

They seemed to trust Kean and Agnew more than Hunt? Hunt is running the club supposedly but Kean seemed to have to more power than him. Look why Paul Lambert walked away and reason behind it. 

Didn't Pasha employ Senior? Rigg isn't here in official role and no official announcement as been made by the club. Will he be there today? 

Didn't Kean and Agnew bring Shaw in with Venkys authority? 

They knew Myers from his SSN days. 

Keep discussing about them appointed a proper board all you want but nothing will change cos Venkys don't believe in it and they got rid of experience board that was in place before they bought the club. Are they going to change their minds? don't see it happening any time soon

we played tonight not tomorrow. 

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

That's fine, I agree with nearly everything you say.

That doesn't mean we should delude ourselves that it is going to work, that they are putting things right, or that people should just forget all the above and live in a fantasy world where we are going to return to past glories with a sham structure in place.

Venkys board structure have been non existence since 6 months after they bought the club. remember Paul Hunt as Deputy CEO? or Shaw as MD? 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Venkys board structure have been non existence since 6 months after they bought the club. remember Paul Hunt as Deputy CEO? or Shaw as MD? 

Yes I do remember those people very well. That's why I've spent the last 24 hours explaining why I think appointing Rigg to a similar role will be window dressing and a waste of time diversion tactic rather than anything meaningful.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No post was ignored from you firstly

who do they trust? very few people. Pasha is supposedly to be around from day 1. Huber? maybe Anderson? maybe other agents?

They seemed to trust Kean and Agnew more than Hunt? Hunt is running the club supposedly but Kean seemed to have to more power than him. Look why Paul Lambert walked away and reason behind it. 

Didn't Pasha employ Senior? Rigg isn't here in official role and no official announcement as been made by the club. Will he be there today? 

Didn't Kean and Agnew bring Shaw in with Venkys authority? 

They knew Myers from his SSN days. 

Keep discussing about them appointed a proper board all you want but nothing will change cos Venkys don't believe in it and they got rid of experience board that was in place before they bought the club. Are they going to change their minds? don't see it happening any time soon

we played tonight not tomorrow. 

You've not answered a single question despite talking with such authority.

Your original quote was this:

"On the lack of board. Its been like that since Venkys come in. They dont want a board of directors in place but just 3 or 4 directors whether active or not. Decisions are made by India by the owners. They have split Football and the admin side of the club into to 2 sections. Mowbray in charge of football and Cheston/Slivester in charge of admin at the club. All reported to Pasha who report to India. But we been through them time after time and to be quite frank we go around in circles.and nothing changes. Yes none of us would run it this way but nothing we can do to change it"

All you have done is answer questions with what look like to be questions, more or less confirming the thought that you don't actually know. I mean, is this whole splitting of the board into sections real? Is Mowbray truly in charge of football if, like you now say, they trust very few people and Pasha is and always has been in charge?

I couldn't tell you who brought in Shaw because, by the looks of it, I, or anyone else, doesn't even know who is in charge. This seems like a pretty important topic to discuss in my opinion, not one we should just not bother talking about it because it doesn't make a difference (not that a discussion on here has to make a difference to the club...it'd be a quiet forum if it had too), as you say.

Likewise I could say to you that you should stop discussing what formation Tony Mowbray will play because it won't make a blind bit of difference. He won't take advice from you.

And I know they play tonight, I'm going, but it was just a general round up of your posts. It went over your head though I guess. My bad.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Yes I do remember those people very well. That's why I've spent the last 24 hours explaining why I think appointing Rigg to a similar role will be window dressing and a waste of time diversion tactic rather than anything meaningful.

Rigg appoint as DoF with an experience CEO would be good. If Pasha job is CEO then appoint him to that role

14 hours ago, philipl said:

Totally agree with you- utterly crap. In fact so completely rubbish we are third in the current form table having ended the unbeaten records of Bradford and Scunthorpe and drawn with Shrewsbury (all away from home).

Big deal yes - but those three are about as big a deal as they come in this wilderness of a forsaken division.

Either we don't sort it out and we bumble around the edge of the play-offs or as you say, Mowbray sorts it out and gets more clued up as to what his best XI and formations are and we might get automatic promotion..

Let's see how we are doing after ten league games?

Second in the form table now behind Shrewsury and we have 13pts from last 18 possible.

I disagree with the post below yours that a form table is irrelevant. Surely it shows that we are making strides if not somewhat shooting ourselves in the foot occasionally (imagine where we would be without those stupid results) . Keep up this form and cut out the errors and the rest will sort itself out.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rigg appoint as DoF with an experience CEO would be good. If Pasha job is CEO then appoint him to that role

Wtf.. Pasha shouldn't be anywhere near Ewood he's a double agent chaddyrovers they don't want him as CEO and stop bobbing on about a DOF... The DOF went down like a lead balloon at palace recently 

2 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Wtf.. Pasha shouldn't be anywhere near Ewood he's a double agent chaddyrovers they don't want him as CEO and stop bobbing on about a DOF... The DOF went down like a lead balloon at palace recently 

Double agent? Alec Travelyan esque?

DOF in the third division, why? You've got to be having a laugh. We're almost back to the point where we can't pay the milk bill, someone tell me different.

I just so wish that somebody somewhere would break ranks, spill the beans and tell us what all this has really been about. 

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Pages 17 & 18 of this thread used to have some bold comments about sacking Mowbray after 10 games if we weren't top...10 games in, 6th, that's better than I expected at the start of August.

19 points from ten games is more or less on target for promotion if it can be maintained.  It may not be pretty at times but points are all that matter at this stage and Mowbray is delivering them.

• Backroom

I said a week ago he needed 7 this week

He got that and that should afford him more time.

If at any point we look like losing the pack then it may need to be reviewed 

I think if we keep up the average points we will be there or there abouts 

Win our game in hand and, as it stands, we're 3 points off 2nd. We've recovered well from a couple of setbacks, so it'd be foolish to think about potting him now. If we've dropped away by December time, then look at it again and let a new man have the window in January. Hopefully won't come to that and January will be reinforcing and making one of the top 2 spots ours.

After today I would sack him. There is no other way to describe him than he's thick, it's as simple as that. If Gillingham scored today (as they should have) everyone on here would be slating him, and their poor finishing/Raya's good shot stopping doesn't excuse his ineptitude. I can't remember leaving Ewood with less confidence in a manger than I had before the game when we won, I can't be the only ons.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

sacking a manager that has us 6th and you want to sack him? 

You need to have a good luck at yourself. 

if we did sack him who would you like then that is better?

Gillingham shouldn't have scored at all. 

To be fair, if we finished 6th at the end of the season, all things considered that would be a failure.

Today did also raise more questions than answers.

That said, after 2 wins obviously he shouldnt be in danger of being sacked at the moment. 

I do feel that anything less than 9 points from 3 games ahead of Wigan but be a disappointment considering the fixtures and fact that we have catching up to do.

13 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

After today I would sack him. There is no other way to describe him than he's thick, it's as simple as that. If Gillingham scored today (as they should have) everyone on here would be slating him, and their poor finishing/Raya's good shot stopping doesn't excuse his ineptitude. I can't remember leaving Ewood with less confidence in a manger than I had before the game when we won, I can't be the only ons.

From my experience, sacking managers should be the last resort. There is no way we are at that stage, all things considered we are doing quite well, in the mix and overall, in 10 games we've played well.

Yea, some dodgy spells. Started poorly, but looked in control for long periods of games. Should've been out of sight at half time again today. Few suspect decisions, but something's obviously working, and many of the signings look good.

So really, for me the idea of sacking the manager is absolutely barmy, without a plan in place and without a semblance of reference to the ownership circumstances. I actually think it's bizarre, if we had Jack Walker as owner, with money and care to replace/support the new man - I'd STILL call it absolute madness in our current climb.

Each to their own like.

Archived