BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

There must be serious doubts about TM now. The side are'n't showing the required levels of motivation or consistency. Two of our poorest performers Conway and Bennett are apparently TM's lieutenants in the dressing room. Those two Ward, Williams and Graham should be nowhere near the starting eleven on merit as opposed to being one of the manager's favourites, Dack and Chapman should be starting  or at least given a proper  chance and it appears if you're a younger player you won't even be considered purely on account of your age.

Welcome to the dark side :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

There must be serious doubts about TM now. The side are'n't showing the required levels of motivation or consistency. Two of our poorest performers Conway and Bennett are apparently TM's lieutenants in the dressing room. Those two Ward, Williams and Graham should be nowhere near the starting eleven on merit as opposed to being one of the manager's favourites, Dack and Chapman should be starting  or at least given a proper  chance and it appears if you're a younger player you won't even be considered purely on account of your age.

There were serious doubts about Mowbray last season, I remember us agreeing on that. We'll not agree on Bennett though, he's not the most talented but he provides a platform for those who can play because he works so hard. Unfortunately the dullard in the dugout doesn't pick the players who can change games so Bennett becomes an easy target. I have no problem with Mowbray playing away from home with two solid banks of four but he also needs to play someone with some imagination and someone who can hold the ball up. Dack or Chapman given a free role in behind the striker would surely be worth perservering with if he doesn't trust either out wide?

With our budget and squad we should be doing much, much better.  Not only are we dropping points left right and centre, but there hasn't been any impressive performances.

TM is dour and the players are reflecting that.

Get rid, be bold and bring in the Lincoln bosses.

Football is a very simple game at this level.

You need to be fit, organised, motivated, committed and operate with a bog standard 442 system, playing to your strengths and taking the game to the opposition.

Forget all the sexy cr@p of 4231 etc.  All such stuff as 'player in the hole' is absolute nonsense in League 1 and does my head in.

We have the players to be mullering most teams in this league yet I think Mowbray consistently fails to put his strongest 11 on the field and all too often we have too many square pegs in round holes.

The person who kiboshed Warnock's appointment should be hung, drawn and quartered.

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

The question for the board(oh sorry...) is or..should be.

Do we believe Mowbray can change this?

Rovers don't have a Board. Just a clueless beancounter over-promoted to MD (or whatever other title he's been given) plus an illegal immigrant who is equally clueless about football "advising" owners who are disinterested and thick as pig s**t.

Just now, alcd said:

Rovers don't have a Board. Just a clueless beancounter over-promoted to MD (or whatever other title he's been given) plus an illegal immigrant who is equally clueless about football "advising" owners who are disinterested and thick as pig s**t.

I guess that was the point of the stuff in brackets!

Comes down to the same old thing whenever we get against a team who goes at us and competes all over the park for 90+ mins we lose. They simply have to shake out of this waiting to play 'our' game and for gods sake impose themselves on the opposition for the whole game EVERY game and give a platform for the extra quality to get us through.

Ask any Bolton fan and they'll tell you that's what they did and I bet Wigan will say the same you simply cannot sit off and wait to play your game because most teams in this league if they get on top of you they'll stay at it.

Players & manager both culpable in equal measure for this but we still lack several of the right types, poor recruitment for the task at hand and the most robust guy we have is probably one of the worst players we have .... Ward !!!

Just now, savage90 said:

I would happily see the back of him after that. The players are there but he's got it wrong too many times this season. Today was negative and dull. A deserved win for a poor side that went at us. 

I'm starting to think that some of the players recruited aren't good enough or is there other issues in the dressing room possibly as Danny Graham looks totally disinterested when he really should be tearing this league apart 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Football is a very simple game at this level.

You need to be fit, organised, motivated, committed and operate with a bog standard 442 system, playing to your strengths and taking the game to the opposition.

Forget all the sexy cr@p of 4231 etc.  All such stuff as 'player in the hole' is absolute nonsense in League 1 and does my head in.

We have the players to be mullering most teams in this league yet I think Mowbray consistently fails to put his strongest 11 on the field and all too often we have too many square pegs in round holes.

The person who kiboshed Warnock's appointment should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Probably your best ever post.

The bit in bold is absolutely spot on.

I think Mowbray is still the right manager for us. cant keep changing manager every few months cos it very rarely makes you a successful team. 

But Results do need to massive improvement aswell as performances. But for some players attitudes aren't right and need dropping. they clearly think they are better than league 1. 

The issue is, we can't just replace him with another manager. We need another skivvy who will go way above and beyond to the point of even chiselling up chewing gum off the floor and refilling the toilet rolls.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I think Mowbray is still the right manager for us. cant keep changing manager every few months cos it very rarely makes you a successful team. 

But Results do need to massive improvement aswell as performances. But for some players attitudes aren't right and need dropping. they clearly think they are better than league 1. 

Poor results + Poor performances = Mowbray stays?

We haven’t convinced all season. There is nothing to suggest Mowbray can turn this round.

If anything, today has shown that he simply continues to learn nothing.

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We haven’t convinced all season. There is nothing to suggest Mowbray can turn this round.

we are 3 points of the playoffs with 2 games in hand. and we haven't played to our level yet. 

I have not reach panic stations yet

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

I agree, but that's the system Mowbray spent all summer recruiting for. Maybe he should have gone for a big target man instead of the lummox Gladwin.

But he can beat 4 men and scream one in the top corner in training

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Pretty much sums it up for me to. That's the biggest problem. He simply isn't learning from the mistakes he continually makes and we all know the saying you can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. 

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

But he can beat 4 men and scream one in the top corner in training

Ha! That was a bizarre statement and one of a manager trying to justify a thus far dreadful signing. It's irrelevant what he does in training if he looks like a like a cross between a pub player and Limahl when he gets on the pitch.

Apparently Dack will start tearing up this league at some point.

we are 3 points of the playoffs with 2 games in hand. and we haven't played to our level yet. 

We weren't aiming for the play offs though where we chadster . How many points are we off top spot . The actual target set by TM himself

of we win our 2 games in hand we will be 4th and I believe 4 or 5 points of the top 2

iF. Big if. We have lost to Doncaster, and Wimbledon at home already plus defeats to Oldham and Southend. Are you confident we will take 6 points from Blackpool and Fleetwood. I'm not. If I was then I would still be backing him

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He couldn’t get us to “our level” against Oldham or AFC Wimbledon. 

It’s actually a miracle he’s not out of a job this very second. 

Archived