BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

Just now, 47er said:

if we can't beat the bottom club at home, why should we expect to win our games in hand? Aren't we just heading for more disappointment?

It's not guaranteed no it's not death or tax, My opinion is we will be ok at least for the playoffs. I think the teams within the top 6 will be looking over there shoulders just need a odd 1 or 2 lucky breaks in TM I trust. Got to be positive with this & don't be too downbeat when the odd blip occurs.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tomphil said:

'Billionaire' Mike Ashley never made a bet for a bit of fun did he ... jeez !

Still wet behind the ears some kids on here. 

Didn't deliberately relegate his club to cash in 10/1 bets, or hire the Glasgow mafia to run his club either. Some kids on here need to get out more.

Just now, Biz said:

Didn't deliberately relegate his club to cash in 10/1 bets, or hire the Glasgow mafia to run his club either. Some kids on here need to get out more.

The irony here is that some Geordies think he did.

If it wasn't for those pesky kids eh !  Night night son hope them unicorns don't bite you in your dreams :lol:

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The irony here is that some Geordies think he did.

If it wasn't for those pesky kids eh !  Night night son hope them unicorns don't bite you in your dreams :lol:

Name a river in Egypt Lol

33 minutes ago, Biz said:

Back at billionaires using club decisions and forcing relegation to bet money? That's my cue to log out. See you tomorrow folks! 

Good, he's gone LOL

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15604125._If_we_play_like_that_we_are_going_to_score_more_than_one____Tony_Mowbray_backs_Rovers_to_start_firing_in_front_of_goal/?action=success#comments-feedback-anchor

You couldn't have it if you did want it," the Queen said. "The rule is, jam tomorrow and jam yesterday – but never jam today." - Alice in Wonderland

“I think if we play like that we are going to score more than one in a lot of games,”  - T Mowbray

There's a theme developing.

Image result for manana manana

There's 35/34/33 games left so on and so forth,  The lads are saying there's 34 games left it's a long season.

Worrying repeats that'll turn into 'I expect us to be in the mix by Christmas/New Year/Pancake Day/Easter/May/Next season :blink:

11 hours ago, Bluebarley said:

We would be if we won 1 of the 2 games in hand which is very possible it can't be helped due to the fixtures being rescheduled that we haven't had the opportunity & are lagging behind granted, we haven't given ourselves a opportunity at this moment in time with the games that I've been played to be sitting within the top 6.

We could also very easily not win them 

41 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We could also very easily not win them 

True. Does it help to think like that though? Or is it more positive to think well by the law of averages 1 win would be enough or maybe even 2 draws based on GD haven't analysed the league table to that detail yet. Guess it's down to the individual if you think negative or positive all the time in life about things.

Just now, Bluebarley said:

True. Does it help to think like that though? Or is it more positive to think well by the law of averages 1 win would be enough or maybe even 2 draws based on GD haven't analysed the league table to that detail yet. Guess it's down to the individual if you think negative or positive all the time in life about things.

I don't think it's about thinking negatively or positively but more looking at it with reasoned objectiveness, bluebarley.

It is just as easy to lose them games as it is to win. We can only judge our condition based on what is absolute, not what may happen in the upcoming games. An example of this would be Plymouth - you'd have put your house on beating bottom of the league at home on a Tuesday night but it just didn't happen. There are no absolutes.

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I don't think it's about thinking negatively or positively but more looking at it with reasoned objectiveness, bluebarley.

It is just as easy to lose them games as it is to win. We can only judge our condition based on what is absolute, not what may happen in the upcoming games. An example of this would be Plymouth - you'd have put your house on beating bottom of the league at home on a Tuesday night but it just didn't happen. There are no absolutes.

And Chelsea beating palace the other day, me personally if TM is still here I think Walsall is the right time to look at the league table & assess the outlook then & not until barring a run of defeats from now.

9 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

I am just being realistic ,going off how we have played so far this season. If we were second, I would be hoping or expecting we would win both, however we are extremely inconsistent. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am just being realistic ,going off how we have played so far this season. If we were second, I would be hoping or expecting we would win both, however we are extremely inconsistent. 

I don't really think we have been inconsistent. With a couple of exceptions we've been pretty average to poor all season up to now.

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

'Billionaire' Mike Ashley never made a bet for a bit of fun did he ... jeez !

wonder if he fancies buying a club closer to home with the cash from Newcastle sale?  he could offer the Rao clan a free shell suit and trainers as a sweetener.........

18 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Now how might a certain gentleman and his brother be able to achieve that?

I am thinking back to summer 2016

I have often wondered about how the person (s) who make the decisions on things like the new manager, keep quiet to all their friends and family, so that a big bet isn't placed on an outsider, they know has already got the job. I wasn't following the market in the summer of 2016 but imagine if Cheston had an agreement with Warnock and let it be known that he let it be known, that he was to be appointed, on his return from holiday. The odds on Coyle, would have drifted pretty dramatically, as he was a long shot to begin with.  I guess the UK bookmakers, were bad to target, as they would be likely to investigate, with the usual irregular betting patterns, a bit like the Pakistan cricket spot fixing. If say the Hong Kong bookmakers, aren't quite as savvy, then these rumours, could well have some substance.

One other thing that has crossed my mind too. The exchanges are punter v punter, so no bookmaker would lose, if a large bet was placed on an outsider, to get the job. Given that the rumours are about bets placed in Hong Kong, it may be worth checking if there are betting exchanged available there.

Here is a very interesting link and although it refers to horse racing, it could so easily apply to a football manager. The same would apply as above, with one manager being nailed on and available to lay. Laying Warnock (pardon the pun) and backing Coyle, would be a double whammy. I don't think these rumours are as far fetched as they may have appeared initially.

http://www.scmp.com/comment/article/1646398/questionable-betting-exchanges-are-profiting-hong-kong-racings-clean-record

57 minutes ago, Glosrover said:

wonder if he fancies buying a club closer to home with the cash from Newcastle sale?  he could offer the Rao clan a free shell suit and trainers as a sweetener.........

You know what i'd welcome him with open arms !

Think he'll swerve Rovers though he already tried to turn the Roverstore into a Sports Direct outlet years ago until they kicked him into touch :lol:

Archived