BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

I know Im going off topic but I use to do 10teams correct score 5 folds to a penny and 3p accum.

Cost was £2.55 and I once worked out the max returns it was well over a million quid. Nail 5 correct score and its over 3k

Whilst working for Coral meant i was barred from Coral shops , ladbrokes hated me putting that bet on due to the liabiltiy.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NinjaTattoo said:

and to make even a more point Bookies love winners , remember when Scoop6 winners are photographed outside the shop with a huge check from the bookmakers head office balloons champagne etc...... knowing that everyone and his dog will think if they can win that so can we and the amount of 'new scoop6 bets the week after far outweighs the payout.

It always far outweighs the payout regardless of how many people play. It's a pool bet. In fact less people play the week after it has been won as its no longer a rollover.

2 hours ago, lraC said:

Money laundering rules, prevent this happening in the UK. One poster has already pointed out, that the illegal market makers are illegal, not stupid. Of course that statement is spot on, but what you simply have to remember, is any bookmaker offering odds will ensure he wins no matter that the amount staked is. As can be seen from the link below, it is suggested the 20% of the punters already know the outcome, yet Bookmakers still take the bets. They know only too well, that the favourite will not always win and set their odds accordingly. For someone who is 100% certain of the outcome, they don't take the money off the bookmaker, they take it from other punters, which is how every bookmaker operates.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricket/pakistan-bookmakers-reveal-depth-of-cricket-245357

Hence why you need liquidity. However it wouldn't happen on a next Rovers manager market.

If someone is going to win £1million on Coyle being the next Rovers manager, and the bookie is going to recoup that from other punters, it means they need  £1million being staked on the other managers (either directly or through other bookies). There simply isn't that much money in that market.

Premier League games. Yes

Hong Kong racing. Yes

IPL cricket. Yes

Next Blackburn manager in the championship. Nope

12 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Hence why you need liquidity. However it wouldn't happen on a next Rovers manager market.

If someone is going to win £1million on Coyle being the next Rovers manager, and the bookie is going to recoup that from other punters, it means they need  £1million being staked on the other managers (either directly or through other bookies). There simply isn't that much money in that market.

Premier League games. Yes

Hong Kong racing. Yes

IPL cricket. Yes

Next Blackburn manager in the championship. Nope

It's a hilarious notion though made me chuckle.

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

TM sounds very down in the dumps in that latest interview with Bayes doing the rounds. Cracks starting to show for me. 

His remarks about it being too much of a risk to give Nuttall a chance are ridiculous.

It's seemed obvious for sometime that the U23s are virtually a separate club.

Now we know why.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/october/boss-nuttalls-chance-will-come/

Not sure if this has been posted but I can see that there has been discussion about the interview.

How can he try to suggest that he thinks Nuttall would in any way be a threat to our current strikers?

First, surely he is a better option than Ben Gladwin on the bench and, second, wouldn’t a young striker on the bench be more of a motivator to the likes of Graham and Samuel that if he wasn’t involved?

Starting to think that he is another stubborn manager who will not be held to account and things just deteriorate, or if we are back into crackpot-theory-land again with Mowbray being ‘encouraged’ to play certain players.

It’s Gladwin vs Nuttall now for a place on the bench. Mowbray needs to win the little bet he is having with himself (and the fans), and soon. Otherwise we all lose.

• Backroom

In this run of five games we have culminating on Halloween I think I said initially 10 points should be the minimum return. We can still do that but it means winning the next 3.

Impertive for our promotion campaign and for the managers future that we get back to winning on Saturday.

I think we will do as well but it will get twitchy if we don't get a goal in the first half.

I guess it could have been mere coincidence too, or my suspicious mind, but 18 months after Venkys turn up, this happened. I will never forget the look on Ray Wilkins face after, the post match interview from the manager at the time. It was also telling what the comments were from Gary Neville and Glen Hoddle as well as Wilkins.

In more depressing reading for Rovers' fans, Steve Kean's side did not manage a single effort on goal - the first time that has happened in a top-flight match since 2004.

http://www.skysports.com/football/tottenham-vs-blackburn/257266

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9679555.Boss_Kean_hits_back_after_critics_panned_Rovers____display_at_Spurs/

7 hours ago, Stuart said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/october/boss-nuttalls-chance-will-come/

Not sure if this has been posted but I can see that there has been discussion about the interview.

How can he try to suggest that he thinks Nuttall would in any way be a threat to our current strikers?

First, surely he is a better option than Ben Gladwin on the bench and, second, wouldn’t a young striker on the bench be more of a motivator to the likes of Graham and Samuel that if he wasn’t involved?

Starting to think that he is another stubborn manager who will not be held to account and things just deteriorate, or if we are back into crackpot-theory-land again with Mowbray being ‘encouraged’ to play certain players.

It’s Gladwin vs Nuttall now for a place on the bench. Mowbray needs to win the little bet he is having with himself (and the fans), and soon. Otherwise we all lose.

Signs that TM has completely lost the plot with that interview, he claims he has other strikers with "goals in their locker" but at the moment he clearly hasn't.

Graham doesn't look as though he has another career goal in him. Completely spent. Samuel looked great early on in the season but has gone completely off the boil. Antonssen works hard but has been profligate recently and Dack isn't an out and out striker and the manager has also been loath to play him until the last game.

Why sign someone on a 12 month deal if you've no intention of playing them?

Most promotion sides will have at least 1, if not 2 strikers that are scoring on a regular basis.

Samuel and Antonssen don't look to me like prolific scorers and the decline in Danny Graham has been alarming, if you look back to the player we had only 18 months ago, running the channels, bullying defenders, scoring goals, he's now a man who seemingly can't even move. 

36 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Most promotion sides will have at least 1, if not 2 strikers that are scoring on a regular basis.

Samuel and Antonssen don't look to me like prolific scorers and the decline in Danny Graham has been alarming, if you look back to the player we had only 18 months ago, running the channels, bullying defenders, scoring goals, he's now a man who seemingly can't even move. 

This is the frustrating part. The Graham we had under Lambert would've terrorised this league. He played slightly better against Plymouth then he has done all season but he looks a spent force now.

47 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Danny is back!

“Danny Graham is starting to get up to speed, I think that was his best appearance the other night (against Plymouth), the most effect on the game that he’s had"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15608175.Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray_backs_his_senior_strikers_as_Joe_Nuttall_awaits_his_chance_in_the_senior_side/?ref=mac

48 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Danny is back!

“Danny Graham is starting to get up to speed, I think that was his best appearance the other night (against Plymouth), the most effect on the game that he’s had"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15608175.Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray_backs_his_senior_strikers_as_Joe_Nuttall_awaits_his_chance_in_the_senior_side/?ref=mac

Getting up to speed lol.. We're in mid Oct against bottom of the league Plymouth who've been struggling to raise a squad.. God TM is sounding worse with every interview 

3 hours ago, lraC said:

I guess it could have been mere coincidence too, or my suspicious mind, but 18 months after Venkys turn up, this happened. I will never forget the look on Ray Wilkins face after, the post match interview from the manager at the time. It was also telling what the comments were from Gary Neville and Glen Hoddle as well as Wilkins.

In more depressing reading for Rovers' fans, Steve Kean's side did not manage a single effort on goal - the first time that has happened in a top-flight match since 2004.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9679555.Boss_Kean_hits_back_after_critics_panned_Rovers____display_at_Spurs/

Remember it very well as local bookies in London smelt a rat... 

Nearly as suspicious as the Everton v Wimbledon game 

58 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15608166._I_think_it_was_35_clips_that_we_showed____Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray_keen_for_his_side_to_learn_from_Plymouth_profigalcy/?ref=mac

It's all going a bit 'entries into the box'.

And Tony is thinking about our lack of goals. It's really not an issue:lol:

The guy's a fecking idiot.

I remember the last manager who mentioned similar... Entries on a postcard to

project 

Slum dog towers 

Pune 

India 

3 hours ago, lraC said:

Dunn winking to the bench during that game. Forgot about that. 

46 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Dunn winking to the bench during that game. Forgot about that. 

I wonder what that wink meant, in a game where we had a situation that hadn't come about in a premier league game for 8 years?

Archived