BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I keep seeing this, I would have thought at the moment we would be a managers dream.

No board breathing down there neck, nobody to answer too, no pressure on them to deliver, pretty much keep the job for as long as they want without really doing anything, then get sacked out of the blue with a nice payoff to boot.

Plenty out there would be up for some of that I'm sure.

Ya, but anyone good? 

Venkys probably see our position now and think its an improvement on other seasons as we are higher up the table. THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!! The yes keaners in the club are probably telling them that everything is rosy too 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tom said:

So the time to consider change is when it's impossible for a new manager to make a difference this season?

I just think we are much better sticking with Mowbray right now. We are 6th in the league. Some fans calling for him to.be sack is crazy. 

8 hours ago, Skiptonrover said:

Hell of alot of points to play for still, 1 bad run 1 good run it's a easy swing it can easily happen. I'm going to check the odds tomorrow (technically today) I think we'll be a good bet.

Before last night I think we were still 5/2 on Skybet for the top two finish which I thought was very short.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I just think we are much better sticking with Mowbray right now. We are 6th in the league. Some fans calling for him to.be sack is crazy. 

Chaddy, it really isn't 'crazy'. I'd say under normal ownership the vast majority would be up for replacing him. A good proportion do now even though it would be a huge roll of the dice with this lot in charge.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are 6th in spite of Mowbray not because of ...

It just goes to show what a very poor league it is !

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No it's not crazy. You could argue it's premature but given we need promotion, have retained all our key players, spent more than other teams it is far from unreasonable to be unhappy we're struggling for playoffs.

I don't know how representative this forum is of the fanbase, most of the fans I spoke to last night all agreed unanimously that Mowbray is still the man for the job & were backing him, although there was a sense of frustration regarding the performances & results & reinforcements & freshening up is badly needed. 

10 hours ago, AAK said:

Don't even think about comparing Sunderlands uninterested owner to the corruption at this club Parson, that's poor.

He wasn't. He was comparing the views of Sunderland fans to the views of our own.

I listened to them on the way home and said to my lad 'we could be listening to Rovers fans here'

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That bookies do indeed know nothing ?   :lol:

Also depends on general betting patterns and more neutrals probably placed bets on Rovers than Wigan Athletic. Finishing one place above and being a bigger club does not show the overall picture however. I felt Wigan should have been favourites and haven't seen anything to dissuade me from that view. I'm still far from certain on who might finish 2nd. 

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thats like saying "I'll not deviate from hitting the iceberg because we may hit another one"

13 minutes ago, Skiptonrover said:

I don't know how representative this forum is of the fanbase, most of the fans I spoke to last night all agreed unanimously that Mowbray is still the man for the job & were backing him, although there was a sense of frustration regarding the performances & results & reinforcements & freshening up is badly needed. 

Ah, the unknown witnesses for the defence. Classic. How many did you speak to? Did you go round the stand asking for opinions?

19 minutes ago, Skiptonrover said:

Most I spoke to in the pubs around Ewood after the game said its about time TM and Venus were shown the door 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sticking with him what for chaddyrovers league one stability 

It's the manner of the performances-we never comfortably win!!!!!! It is a constant struggle no matter who we play 

That is because Mowbray is constantly coming out before each and every game saying how difficult it is going to be 

I remember a passage from Roy Keanes book- here it is

“I played under good managers, bad managers. The top managers get a feel for the group, they know what you need. Whatever Alex Ferguson’s strengths and weaknesses, that was by far his biggest strength.

“Me and Alex Ferguson, we had the same type of traits, of what Manchester United was about. I think that probably created the problems towards to the end. We almost knew we were coming to the end.”

Keane, whose United career ended following a controversial interview with the in-house TV station MUTV, recounted one particular pre-match team-talk which reflected Ferguson’s ability to read the mindset of his players. “I thought I knew what the group might need, that we didn’t need a big team talk,” said Keane. “It was Tottenham at home. I thought please don’t go on about Tottenham, we all know what Tottenham is about, they are nice and tidy but we’ll @#/?ing do them. He came in and said: ‘Lads, it’s Tottenham’, and that was it. Brilliant.”

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

Ah, the unknown witnesses for the defence. Classic. How many did you speak to? Did you go round the stand asking for opinions?

I'm not relaying last night's movements, I spoke to plenty of people outside the ground. I think the older wiser generation sway to TM as they realise stability is key for growth not a revolving door policy for different managers.

29 minutes ago, Skiptonrover said:

Most around me at Ewood Park are still behind Mowbray and believe he is the right manager for us. Spoke to other Rovers fans(over 20) through work and apart from 1 or 2 everyone is right behind manager. 

No one is chanting during games for Mowbray to be sack either

Archived