BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Promotion? I genuinely don't know.

They chucked a little bit of cash at the squad in the summer (not a great deal when you need to sign like 10 players) but I still don't know why the owners are even here.

You could make a good case for them not wanting to sell us due to a large number of skeletons that might tumble out of the closet further down the line, so keeping us as low as possible and just continuing the consistent downgrade to minimise costs.

But then we are back into conspiracy mode but someone did ask me the other day "Why did Venky's buy you in the first place?"

I couldn't give them an answer.

As a corporate accounting tool.. It matters not one iota what division we are in... 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

3 persons closely connected to Rovers?

Just now, Athlete said:

As a corporate accounting tool.. It matters not one iota what division we are in... 

It probably does, as the lower down the league, the less you pay on players wages!

51 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

When was the last time a sacking of a manager made things worse?

Allardyce > Kean - worse (obviously)

Kean > Berg - better

Berg > Appleton - no difference

Appleton > Bowyer - better

Bowyer > Lambert - marginally better

Coyle > Mowbray - marginally better

So the last time was Allardyce's sacking 7 years ago.

So in your view we've had 7 years of consistent improvement and I'm imagining that we've sunk down to League 1?  The managers are much of a muchness, most haven't been here long enough to really influence our fortunes before becoming the scapegoats for failings above and below them.   Which is why it's pointless changing again, it won't fix why we're underachieving as a club.

37 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

It's bluebarley in disguise!

I changed my name because it's the username I use on the other site & I relocated to the white rose county from Pendle, the earlier bandit 1 I didn't like the thief implication. Plan to keep this 1 now.

39 minutes ago, Skiptonrover said:

I changed my name because it's the username I use on the other site & I relocated to the white rose county from Pendle, the earlier bandit 1 I didn't like the thief implication. Plan to keep this 1 now.

Whenever I used to read your comments during your bandit days I did always think "THIEF". It was a good decision to turn your back on the bandit life.

It was only a matter of time before it had other implications too.

2 hours ago, Rover-the-Top said:

So in your view we've had 7 years of consistent improvement and I'm imagining that we've sunk down to League 1?  The managers are much of a muchness, most haven't been here long enough to really influence our fortunes before becoming the scapegoats for failings above and below them.   Which is why it's pointless changing again, it won't fix why we're underachieving as a club.

Lambert didn't get sacked, then we brought Coyle in to replace him, and the rest is history. The start of Bowyers reign was a bit of improvement, then we went downhill. Our problems haven't come from sacking managers, they have come from appointing sh1t ones.

If they actually appointed a good one with a decent recent track record in line with what we required at any given time then they wouldn't need to sack him, they'd have had stability and possibly a modicum of success here and there.

There'd be no revolving door but they prefer to play their own version of scrapheap challenge when it comes to managers all seemingly with some sort or hidden connection. One wonders just why this is :blink:

First person to say but that's all we can attract gets a very blunt reply.

5 hours ago, RV Blue said:

When was the last time a sacking of a manager made things worse?

Allardyce > Kean - worse (obviously)

Kean > Berg - better

Berg > Appleton - no difference

Appleton > Bowyer - better

Bowyer > Lambert - marginally better

Coyle > Mowbray - marginally better

So the last time was Allardyce's sacking 7 years ago.

Lambert to Coyle?

7 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Anybody on here in HK at the moment? Can you nip into the phone accessory shop with the special room in the back and ask what names are between 18 and 33/1 to be next Blackburn Rovers manager, Thanks in advance :)

Ro bin Ow Ners 1/2
Sum Ting Wong 5/1
Wai So Dim 7/1
Chin Tu Fat 10/1
Ai Bang Mai Ni 16/1
Chu Mi Goo 24/1

36 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Anybody on here in HK at the moment? Can you nip into the phone accessory shop with the special room in the back and ask what names are between 18 and 33/1 to be next Blackburn Rovers manager, Thanks in advance :)

Sounds a bit sordid that. A bookies or a hookies?

• 5 months later...
  • Backroom
9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Interesting quote near the end of that interview: "we did have one problem pretty early on at this football club, but we managed to eradicate it" - wonder what he's referring to? Poor scouting setup possibly? 

• Backroom
Just now, DE. said:

Interesting quote near the end of that interview: "we did have one problem pretty early on at this football club, but we managed to eradicate it" - wonder what he's referring to? Poor scouting setup possibly? 

Jason Lowe :P

Didn't think he deserved the job to be honest and would not have been my choice but full credit to him for turning the club around and instilling a positive and happy atmosphere for the first time in years. Hope the owners back him with some decent money in the summer because it will be alot tougher next season and the squad needs strengthening.

Great night to be a Rovers fan and well done Tony Mowbray

13 minutes ago, DE. said:

Was that when Joao and Emnes where in the doghouse?

Just love Tony Mowbray, as a Hibs fan also always had a soft spot. Too bloke. Needs a contract extension. 

Over the moon for everyone associated with Rovers and over the moon for Tony Mowbray. Cracking bloke and even though there's a long way to go to redress the shambles which venkys brought to the party, I'm delighted that we have taken the first step. Just hope we can somehow topple Wigan now. Be lovely to see Paul Cock eat his words. 

Just now, patrickvalery said:

Over the moon for everyone associated with Rovers and over the moon for Tony Mowbray. Cracking bloke and even though there's a long way to go to redress the shambles which venkys brought to the party, I'm delighted that we have taken the first step. Just hope we can somehow topple Wigan now. Be lovely to see Paul Cock eat his words. 

Always welcome up here mate. Post more.

Just now, patrickvalery said:

...or eat his cock. 

How's tricks PV? You up for the Oxford game?

Just now, bob fleming said:

Always welcome up here mate. Post more.

It's been too long Bob. To be honest I've barely got over the hangover from last time. I never understood the phrase southern softie until I drank with you! 

But I've still been following. Just avoiding these parts because I can do without the arguments. With a wife like mine the argument quota gets filled quickly.

If you're game we'll have another session next year?

4 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Was that when Joao and Emnes where in the doghouse?

Just love Tony Mowbray, as a Hibs fan also always had a soft spot. Too bloke. Needs a contract extension. 

A drinking partying culture maybe ? It certainly manifested itself in Bowyers time and no doubt continued until certain big time charlies and bad eggs had left one way or another.

This regime and team have got it the right way round this season, work first party second !

Archived