BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BIG SAM retires

I thought I would start this thread because I feel he deserves one from us. I say he goes down as a legend in my view for what he done for us. And he never lost to the dingles. Very underrated as a manager and very harshly treated as England manager. We live in a harsh word these days where any bad thing is seen as wrong. We seem to see the world in right and wrong without seeing the over all picture. As if any other football manager in the world hasn't done what he's done In there careers. If you think it's full of mr too goods then the world and the game is truly mad. For me as a rovers fan he was a proper manager, got the job done under circumstances he had to manage under. Can adapt in situations. Mr alladyce sir, I've had a few beers, but I like to thank you, and have no doubt if you where still gaffer we would be premier league. Enjoy retirement. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mans a crook, he was a crook before he joined, was a crook whilst he was here and showed himself to be a crook when he left.

He paved the way for other crooks to milk millions out of the club, empowered the Andersons of this world to leach on the Venky carcass and is disgrace to his profession. 

Retired out of the blue? Or heard another investigation was closing in?

Dont let the door hit you on the arse when you leave, greedy @#/?. 

Just now, Gav said:

The mans a crook, he was a crook before he joined, was a crook whilst he was here and showed himself to be a crook when he left.

He paved the way for other crooks to milk millions out of the club, empowered the Andersons of this world to leach on the Venky carcass and is disgrace to his profession. 

Pathetic Gav. 

Crook or no crook, what I'd give for him to still be at our club.

Would we be in the situation we find ourselves in now, if he were here?

Don't think so, and the Venkys would be in a much better position financially.

6 hours ago, Gav said:

A new low.

On that fateful Monday afternoon that he was potted, the writing was on the wall for me. I can still recall the conversations I had with friends and family that evening.

Such a ridiculous decision, but there are still complete idiots in our support that think it was 'the right move'. More fool them.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I had always hoped Big Sam would bump into Coco in a bar some day and fill the weasel in......without of course getting nicked which to Sam would be a doddle.

He would destroy him. I could picture coco scurrying like the little rat that he is trying to escape. Big Sam chasing him with a pint of vino in hand, never spilling a drop. 

Just shows how quickly things can change in football. Sunderland, for the first time in years, were no doubt about to become a stable PL club, then the England job comes up. No sooner was he there, then he was off to Palace who became the beneficiaries. Had he stayed at a Palace for a few years, and with the right backing, they could well have become challengers to the top six. But, hey ho, that's football. Nothing stays still for long. Best wishes Sam and enjoy your retirement.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He would destroy him. I could picture coco scurrying like the little rat that he is trying to escape. Big Sam chasing him with a pint of vino in hand, never spilling a drop. 

And Big Sam only stopping when the crybaby p issed his pants :lol:

I'm too bloody old to be this silly but the thought of it is hilarious.

10 hours ago, Gav said:

Bunkum Gav.

Good luck to Sam - a well earned retirement, and he must have many millions in the bank after all those payoffs!

I think he took the Palace job only to clear his name in a way after the England scandal, and to prove his could still do it.

The England affair was unfortunate because I think he would have done well.

His sacking at Rovers was the day I knew we were heading for trouble, a horrible sense of foreboding that our era in the top flight was coming to an end.

He says he wants to spend more time travelling and being with his family but I'll bet he'll miss his football drug before long and will be back at some troubled club sooner rather than later.

If I were in charge at Rovers I'd still hire him now.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A great Rovers manager during challenging times. The way it ended for him here leaves a very bad taste. We would be top 10 Premiership now if he had have been kept on. 

I personally doubt the top10 bit, maybe bottom half, but with the set up we had I would have expected that from any half decent manager, if we had decent owners.

What game was that?

I was at a game V Arsenal that we lost 7-1 under coco 

Away to United, Berba banged in five. Also 7-1.

I might have remembered wrongly, but I think the consolation is that Samba scored a very loopy header.

Just now, Batman. said:

Away to United, Berba banged in five. Also 7-1.

I might have remembered wrongly, but I think the consolation is that Samba scored a very loopy header.

I remember that game. Berba got one goal that he started himself inside his own half. Absolute peach. 

If I remember correctly we played them again not long after that at Ewood and Samba marked Berba out of it. It was wet that day and Berba didn't really fancy it. I remember the first high ball came in between the two of them and Berba just fell over. I know then it was our day. I think we won 1-0 or maybe it was 1-1? 

I remember that game. Berba got one goal that he started himself inside his own half. Absolute peach. 

If I remember correctly we played them again not long after that at Ewood and Samba marked Berba out of it. It was wet that day and Berba didn't really fancy it. I remember the first high ball came in between the two of them and Berba just fell over. I know then it was our day. I think we won 1-0 or maybe it was 1-1? 

I think it was 1-1 with a very late equaliser from United? It was the late Fergie days when he really was dragging a fairly average (compared to their great sides) team to a title every other year.

Archived