BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Mowbray Resigned to Losing Mahoney

19 hours ago, Stuart said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we have offered him a lower wage and don't qualify for compo. If his current contract has a Championship wage and a League One wage then it would still represent a pay cut in real terms for Mahoney.

Fits and starts? This lad is at the start of his career and will develop. Of course he won't be the finished article.

Better than the club? Ego? Tell you what, have a chat with the lad and get back to me. A more humble person you will struggle to find. What has happened for Rovers and for him will have torn his heart out. But at the end of the day, Venkys do not value players or understand football. We have downgraded season on season and will continue to do so.

I wish him well. He certainly deserves better than to be messed about by Venkys' Rovers - and that's on top of being messed about by Coyle.

Okay Stuart some of your replies are a little strange to me, you say he is humble, well it dosen't appear that way, TM has been quoted as saying he has had several chats about PLAYING FOOTBALL not sat on his arse somewhere, had his heart ripped out, well who gave him his chance, stay one more season and repair that shattered heart, we all know Coyle was and is a keaner TM is a genuine football man with more knowledge than most, yet our local lad isn't interested, so its money above football. Hey i'm not falling out with you or anyone on here just peeved off like everyone else. We now have the best manager in years, lets see what happens. Oh and if Mahoney does leave for cough Barnsley well enough said. He should aim for a team heading to the PL not one that will surely struggle next season.

• Like 2

Just now, EgyptianPete said:

Okay Stuart some of your replies are a little strange to me, you say he is humble, well it dosen't appear that way, TM has been quoted as saying he has had several chats about PLAYING FOOTBALL not sat on his arse somewhere, had his heart ripped out, well who gave him his chance, stay one more season and repair that shattered heart, we all know Coyle was and is a keaner TM is a genuine football man with more knowledge than most, yet our local lad isn't interested, so its money above football. Hey i'm not falling out with you or anyone on here just peeved off like everyone else. We now have the best manager in years, lets see what happens. Oh and if Mahoney does leave for cough Barnsley well enough said. He should aim for a team heading to the PL not one that will surely struggle next season.

Take the rose tinted glasses off. Barnsley championship, I doubt we will go up this year. So a higher league, higher monies and to play for a club which isn't a frickin circus.

tough one! Mowbray best manager in years? He's just relegated us.

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 1

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Take the rose tinted glasses off. Barnsley championship, I doubt we will go up this year. So a higher league, higher monies and to play for a club which isn't a frickin circus.

Bloody hell its now Mowbrays fault we got relegated, i thought you talked some sense, f all to do with Coyle then

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Its a sunny day i have my sunglasses on, We will go up this year.

• Like 2

Just now, EgyptianPete said:

Bloody hell its now Mowbrays fault we got relegated, i thought you talked some sense, f all to do with Coyle then

I admire your optimism, I think we will scrape play offs and get beat personally. Wigan for the title.

mowbray took over and I know the points per game ratio would see us safe usually and the teams around improved ten fold but let's not blind ourselves of the fact he did take us down. Inherited the job 22nd and finished 22nd. Lovely footballing bloke but I don't think he's the saviour some people hope him to be personally.

• Like 1

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I admire your optimism, I think we will scrape play offs and get beat personally. Wigan for the title.

mowbray took over and I know the points per game ratio would see us safe usually and the teams around improved ten fold but let's not blind ourselves of the fact he did take us down. Inherited the job 22nd and finished 22nd. Lovely footballing bloke but I don't think he's the saviour some people hope him to be personally.

Who would you like to see manage us currently so? 

Lots on here adore a good moan, but offer very little in the way of constructive alternatives. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I don't think you can blame Mowbray for relegation. Our form after Newcastle away was terrible where we lost 6 games on the bounce. January was a disaster both on and off the pitch again aside from Newcastle at home. 

Damage was done under coyle. 

Mowbray came in but he was working with coyles players and a team where confidence was on the floor. The bulk of games aside from barnsley wolves(terrible performance) and reading away. We looked actually OK.  

While I have more faith in Mowbray than coyle I still don't think we will go up. You mentioned wigan there they had signed a lot of players in January ie jack Byrne obertan gilks I can't see them lads sticking around for league one.

Going to be an interesting season 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who would you like to see manage us currently so? 

Lots on here adore a good moan, but offer very little in the way of constructive alternatives. 

I'm for some reason not a fan of Keith hill, he's done a great job at both spells of Rochdale his ability to spot players is second to none but just i am not sure why I'm not a fan of him. He'd certainly be considered though. Uwe Rosler has done very well this year, had a bad spell at Wigan but decent at Brentford and Leeds.

one person id have loved last year is Chris wilder but he will never leave sufc.

• Like 1

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I'm for some reason not a fan of Keith hill, he's done a great job at both spells of Rochdale his ability to spot players is second to none but just i am not sure why I'm not a fan of him. He'd certainly be considered though. Uwe Rosler has done very well this year, had a bad spell at Wigan but decent at Brentford and Leeds.

one person id have loved last year is Chris wilder but he will never leave sufc.

Fair enough, some good suggestions. Personally though,  I would see Mowbray as a safer pair of hands than any of them, plus he has had 3 months already to assess our squad, which is invaluable. 

• Backroom

Mowbray did a good job last year, but we needed better than good to survive. I'm not sure there were any managers within our grasp who could have gotten more out of the team we had. Tony did his best and personally it was a relief to have a decent bloke in the dugout for the last part of the season, even if it ultimately ended with relegation.

My belief is that we are destined to failure as long as Venky's are here, regardless of who is in charge. Mowbray is a good guy but he's got a real uphill struggle on his hands and I don't envy his position at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Fair enough, some good suggestions. Personally though,  I would see Mowbray as a safer pair of hands than any of them, plus he has had 3 months already to assess our squad, which is invaluable. 

Tbf id give him first ten games and tell him he needs to win 8 of those. He shouldn't be as comfortable as he is though.

talks of a new contract is absurd maybe if we look ok at April next year but not now.

Edited by Dunnfc

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Tbf id give him first ten games and tell him he needs to win 8 of those. He shouldn't be as comfortable as he is though.

That is some ask. I don't believe that would be asked of any manager anywhere with the threat of the sack if they didn't do it. Targets like that in football have never made any sense to me. What if he won 7, drew 1 and lost 2, would you still sack him?

Just now, arbitro said:

That is some ask. I don't believe that would be asked of any manager anywhere with the threat of the sack if they didn't do it. Targets like that in football have never made any sense to me. What if he won 7, drew 1 and lost 2, would you still sack him?

No you've got to have a bit of leeway to an extent but ffs we've got to have expectation, in 7 years our club continually declines season upon season. 

Oeople get off Scot free because half the rovers fans just shrug there shoulders and go "ok". There is no demand no pressure on the team to perform from the fans. So average is readily accepted.

to raise the bar you have to raise your expectations 

Edited by Dunnfc
  • Like 1

Just now, Dunnfc said:

talks of a new contract is absurd maybe if we look ok at April next year but not now.

What if he won 7 and drew 3? We could be top of the league. You can't be that rigid. Where we are in the table and performances need to come into it too.

Agree it's too early to discuss extensions. Time enough end of the season or Christmas if we are doing well. Although imagine we win the championship and he gets offered a job elsewhere, we all know what people will be saying on here. Why did venkys let his contract run down etc etc 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

37 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

No you've got to have a bit of leeway to an extent but ffs we've got to have expectation, in 7 years our club continually declines season upon season. 

Oeople get off Scot free because half the rovers fans just shrug there shoulders and go "ok". There is no demand no pressure on the team to perform from the fans. So average is readily accepted.

I agree we should be setting targets where we want to be etc etc 8 wins outa 10 a bit over the top. But it all depends on what TM is given to spend, no point setting targets when there unwilling to giv him the tools to achieve those targets. 

Also agree it's a little early to renew his contract just yet. 

44 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I have faith in Mowbray and under our ridiculous circumstances is absolutely the best we could hope for but there are far too many variables in football to simply say he has to win eight of the first ten games. Given the numerous past lies and broken promises from the Indians the chances are they will do it again. We will be lucky if an honourable man like Mowbray is still here after ten games.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EgyptianPete said:

Lambert.

All I've said is speak to the lad himself and decide if you think he has ego or humility issues. Having done so I can assure you he hasn't. Think 'Rovers fan whose dream has been to play for Rovers' then add in the fact that it's now his job and consider how badly Rovers is run - and what the prospects are for the future (both Venkys' Rovers and his own). Personally I'd advise my own son to move on for the good of their future.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

I don't think any blame can be attached to Mowbray for relegation. The blame lies with venkyscum, cheston and imbecile coyle

5 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

to Blame Mowbray is a joke. he would have got us top 10 with his win ratio over a season.

Coyle to blame for his rubbish tactics, lack of proper training, no tactically work done on the training field. just think of how many 3-2 we had and lost everyone or the poor form in December and January plus a rubbish start of the season.

5 hours ago, EgyptianPete said:

If Mowbray get the backing and signings he wants then I believe we can challenge for the top 2 places. Also I think we still 2 or 3 formations aswell being worked on

5 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

why Wigan?

set to appoint Paul Cook as manager after being turned down by Rosler and McClaren.

Not convinced by some of Wigan players as last season at times they look uninterested and 3 managers changes was never going to work

Some things are more important than money. Imagine being your hometown club's best player in a promotion season! Hero! However I am reliably informed that the guy is a complete ?end. Hope his career isn't greener on the other side

Edited by RV Blue

On 2017-5-26 at 21:08, Commondore said:

I doubt that this is about wages, seems more like Mahoney simply thinks he can and should do better than playing League 1 football. 

If somebody is paying more than Rovers what would you do.

12 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Some things are more important than money. Imagine being your hometown club's best player in a promotion season! Hero! However I am reliably informed that the guy is a complete ?end. Hope his career isn't greener on the other side

How do you come out with that ?

Played football with the young lad last summer and anything but bellend is Connor you disrespectful fool.

Edited by JAL

8 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Reliably informed, eh? So you have no @#/? clue then.

Some things are more important than money, granted but allowing Venkys to throw your career down the toilet?

Amazing that he won't stay though given how highly some fans think of him. :rolleyes:

You're on ignore now. Your posts are getting worse and worse.

Edited by Stuart

15 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I don't think any blame can be attached to Mowbray for relegation. The blame lies with venkyscum, cheston and imbecile coyle

The blame lies with Venkys end of argument.. Cheston Coyle etc  and including Mowbray are all just cogs in the venkys wheel 

Wolves away barnsley at home and even villa at home when we needed goals any one of those games towards the end of the season relegated us through bad tactics 

On 2017-5-26 at 18:04, Brownpants18 said:

With respect I think you are not grasping the realities here, you are a fan and looking at it from a fans perspective.

Connor will most definitely be looking at his next move, as it's his employment for the near future. If a Championship club have offered him 8000 a week ( which is the case) and a 3 year contract, you do the maths.

If someone has offered him 8k per week then they need their head (or their eyes) checking. Crackers.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.