BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who will stay, who will leave?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we all know the players who have not been offered new contracts , plus the 5-6 who were only on loan that we won't be signing , Mahoney looks to be off and on top of that I just cannot see Jason Steele  Danny Graham and Charlie Mulgrew playing League 1 football next year . I would love to see Lenighan stay , but I think he will also go as he is probably in terms of value , our most saleable asset . 

I would expect anyone who can command any kind of fee to be off as soon as the window really opens. Who that will be depends on what other clubs are short of, and how much these money people who are combing through the accounts at the moment say we need to raise. 

19 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

I have a feeling that Raya will be off sometime this season if not at the end .

Hope you're wrong. I think he'll be our number one, did very well when given the chance (again) towards the end of the season.

• Moderation Lead

We'll sell anyone of value (Graham, Bennett, Mulgrew) and be left with the dross and over-promote the youth and it will be spun as a positive, showing how 'successful' the academy has been.

But I'm not cynical at all, of course.....

Just now, Torgeir said:

Hope you're wrong. I think he'll be our number one, did very well when given the chance (again) towards the end of the season.

So do I, but unless he is nailed down think the slumdogs wont be able to resist a decent offer. Unfortunately putting in decent performances at Venky's owned and agent operated Blackburn Rovers leads to one thing.

I'd imagine graham will stay. Bennett will go. Is in his last yearof contract?  

Mulgrew might be here as he is injury prone and don't know will many clubs want him given this. 

Darragh will be off I'd imagine. He wants to break into Ireland squad heard whispers over here he's off to pne. 

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well this thread was NEVER  going to turn into a negative moan fest....:rolleyes:

I will sum up how it will go

Who is staying-Nobody, not even the cleaners

Who is leaving-Everybody, even the cleaners 

What did you really expect though? Venky's Modus Operandi the last few years has been selling anything of value, I'm interested to see what makes you think that will change all of a sudden?

Remember- £30 Million recouped in transfer fees the last 2 years, £300,000 spent on replacements.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well this thread was NEVER  going to turn into a negative moan fest....:rolleyes:

I will sum up how it will go

Who is staying-Nobody, not even the cleaners

Who is leaving-Everybody, even the cleaners 

The transfer market or the thread?! ?

43 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Absolutely criminal that it took a Steele injury with a few games remaining for the lad to get his chance. How many extra points could be have secured us? We'll never know.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Absolutely criminal that it took a Steele injury with a few games remaining for the lad to get his chance. How many extra points could be have secured us? We'll never know.

Raya - Enough to have saved us from relegation plus his value would have probably increased.

Steele on the other hand cost how many points? Bloody useless individual.

43 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

What did you really expect though? Venky's Modus Operandi the last few years has been selling anything of value, I'm interested to see what makes you think that will change all of a sudden?

Remember- £30 Million recouped in transfer fees the last 2 years, £300,000 spent on replacements.

Mowbray has said that it will. Time will tell on that.

My point is that we have covered all of this on the transfer thread ad nauseam 

• Moderation Lead

If Mowbray thinks that Venky's will be true to their word, then history tells us that he's in for some disappointment.

I truly hope that he is backed to give us a team capable of promotion, but I'll not hold my breath, given they've got more than a little previous for letting us down.....

3 hours ago, gumboots said:

I would expect anyone who can command any kind of fee to be off as soon as the window really opens. Who that will be depends on what other clubs are short of, and how much these money people who are combing through the accounts at the moment say we need to raise. 

That's the main problem, the clubs in the market for the type of players we have generally cannot afford fees. I suspect we'll instead see another slow drip of mutual agreements of terminated contracts as the season goes on, similar to what happened around 2013 with Murphy, Goodwillie, Best, Campbell etc. 

It depends on the wages........I can't see Graham or Conway getting a higher wage in the Championship.

Expect the ones we want, to be in demand - Raya, Lenihan, Mulgrew

If we can turn round the mentality of the squad to the point that they are confident of a title challenge then we probably don't need to bring many in.

I'd like to see 2 or 3 hungry players from League 2 plus 2 or 3 step up from the Academy

plus the old pro's believing and playing for Mowbray

1 hour ago, Commondore said:

That's the main problem, the clubs in the market for the type of players we have generally cannot afford fees. I suspect we'll instead see another slow drip of mutual agreements of terminated contracts as the season goes on, similar to what happened around 2013 with Murphy, Goodwillie, Best, Campbell etc. 

I think Mowbray has received agreement that we don't need to sell anybody, so his challenge is to get slackers like Stokes playing rather than paid off

You are correct TM has stated that he and only he decides who goes and who comes, and already said he wants the squad he has to stay as they are under contract and add players that will make supporters proud. well here's hoping.

Archived