BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who will stay, who will leave?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Not really. Cos the day after the game I watch the game on Rovers player. 

Dont see anyone taking Graham wages due to fitness and injuries. 

Mulgrew will go..

Steele and Feeney cos they are out of favour

So lets assume you're correct and Mulgrew, Steele and Feeney depart, along with Mahoney very soon.

That leaves us with:

Raya, Williams, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ward, Conway, Evans, Graham, Stokes & Bennett.

Youngsters of Wharton and Tomlinson who have appeared for the 1st team but only in very brief spells.

You say yourself that Graham won't depart due to wages/fitness/injuries which suggests there could be a problem with him playing regularly with us next season. Even if we could afford him his injury and fitness record means that he will miss large chunks of it. Evans and Stokes for a multitude of reasons missed almost the whole of last season.

So that leaves us with 6 established outfield players under contract at the club that have recent proven experience in the 1st team and no major injury/AWOL issues.

I'd also expect if Evans gets himself fit to be in demand and likewise one or two to throw bids our way for Lenihan.

Given Venkys proven preference for selling people before releasing funds we could conceivably be selling a few before spending anything.

Quite a lot of work to do here.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not really. Cos the day after the game I watch the game on Rovers player. 

Dont see anyone taking Graham wages due to fitness and injuries. 

Mulgrew will go..

Steele and Feeney cos they are out of favour

Can I just say that watching a game  on TV is not anything like as useful as actually being there for evaluating players performances.

Obviously it's better than nothing but you only see what the camera allows you to see.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

So lets assume you're correct and Mulgrew, Steele and Feeney depart, along with Mahoney very soon.

That leaves us with:

Raya, Williams, Nyambe, Lenihan, Ward, Conway, Evans, Graham, Stokes & Bennett.

Youngsters of Wharton and Tomlinson who have appeared for the 1st team but only in very brief spells.

You say yourself that Graham won't depart due to wages/fitness/injuries which suggests there could be a problem with him playing regularly with us next season. Even if we could afford him his injury and fitness record means that he will miss large chunks of it. Evans and Stokes for a multitude of reasons missed almost the whole of last season.

So that leaves us with 6 established outfield players under contract at the club that have recent proven experience in the 1st team and no major injury/AWOL issues.

I'd also expect if Evans gets himself fit to be in demand and likewise one or two to throw bids our way for Lenihan.

Given Venkys proven preference for selling people before releasing funds we could conceivably be selling a few before spending anything.

Quite a lot of work to do here.

Yes there is alot of work to do here this transfer window but it does allow Mowbray to put his own stamp on the club and bring in his own signings that fit his systems and style. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Can I just say that watching a game  on TV is not anything like as useful as actually being there for evaluating players performances.

Obviously it's better than nothing but you only see what the camera allows you to see.

I would agree. I already that I will try to get to most away games this season

18 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well thats your opinion Jal. But it aint mine. Ive seen most of his games. Have you? Nope cos you attend. Yoy dislike him cos you have a problem with his agent. 

I'm very happy about Mowbray. Clearly you arent. Thats your problem not mine. 

Lowe staying with 1st team this season and Dunn back to Under 23's. 

Will you be attending games next season or too busy in the agent world

To all of us chaddy you've supported every poor decision from the club that's took us down, down, further on down over the past six seasons.

14 hours ago, JAL said:

As we fall down through the leagues..... cheers Butty !  Cheers chaddy ! 

On Nyambe I've asked plenty of experienced seasoned supporters of their opinions on the lad and they too think similarly the same. 

Is there anything strange about wanting winning football when you can clearly see that the employees or incapable of achieving this goal. 

I'm not of anywhere near the same thinking of Chaddy please don't use my name and his in the same sentence ever again haha! I just feel that you're too harsh on Nyambe. We've not got the money too bring in anyone better than him so you may as well give the lad a chance JAL because he's going too be starting at right back next season whether you like it or not mate. 

17 hours ago, Traviscon said:

Chaddy, that's ironic considering the quote of yours that Stuart used.

For what it's worth I can see Graham, Mulgrew and Steele leaving. The first two probably due to wages and I suspect they'll get Championship offers, Steele will leave as he's clearly out of favour, not sure who'll take him though.

A team in League 1 or below ,  he is one of the worst goalkeepers , I have seen at  Ewood .....

26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I see Mulgrew is linked with Hull and Boro. If any clubs come in for him, it will be hard to keep hold of him. I would really love if we can keep him here

Fixed it for ya

44 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I see Mulgrew is linked with Hull and Boro. If big Championship clubs like that come in for him, it will be hard to keep hold of him. I would really love if we can keep him here

We should make them pay a decent fee, £1mill+

16 hours ago, Butty said:

I'm not of anywhere near the same thinking of Chaddy please don't use my name and his in the same sentence ever again haha! I just feel that you're too harsh on Nyambe. We've not got the money too bring in anyone better than him so you may as well give the lad a chance JAL because he's going too be starting at right back next season whether you like it or not mate. 

Compromise Butty !! let's give him the next six months to prove himself worthy of the shirt and thus earn a new contract. Can say fairer than that for imo the young liability that is Ryan Nyambe.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I dunno about that. Staying here for a winning season would be a more tempting option for some players, rather than say going to a Burton and possibly fighting relegation again. 

Any fee offered for any player will be accepted with the 'we need to be compliant with the L1 ffp rules' being the reason spouted. This is despite these rules being easy to bypass if the owners were to invest to pay wages.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Any fee offered for any player will be accepted with the 'we need to be compliant with the L1 ffp rules' being the reason spouted. This is despite these rules being easy to bypass if the owners were to invest to pay wages.

This.

3 hours ago, JAL said:

Compromise Butty !! let's give him the next six months to prove himself worthy of the shirt and thus earn a new contract. Can say fairer than that for imo the young liability that is Ryan Nyambe.

Good man JAL, if he's not shown any progression within the first few months of the season then by all means you can slag him, his agent, his parents and his bin man off as much as you want. :lol: 

13 hours ago, JacknOry said:

We will be far from compliment. I estimate our wage bill will need to be around 8m for this to be the case. So if this ends up being an official reason for sales it will fly directly in the face of any promises made to Mowbray .

12 hours ago, Butty said:

Good man JAL, if he's not shown any progression within the first few months of the season then by all means you can slag him, his agent, his parents and his bin man off as much as you want. :lol: 

I think JAL seems to do so anyway. Even if Jesus Christ himself came down from heaven, signed a 7 year contract, scored 55 goals every season and won us every game he'd say he's rubbish! I don't think I have ever seen JAL say any player is good.

Mind you, over the past 7 years there have been very few players worthy of praise over a season.

Reports here in Ireland that Stokes may be staying as Mowbray is keen to keep hold. If he got his head down(no, not the way you are thinking with your dirty mind) he could be a fantastic player in league 1. Possible top scorer material. Maybe Mowbray things he can get the best out of him

The reason Stokes is staying is because they won't pay him off his two years despite his best efforts at angling for it. Hibs want him but can't pay the necessary so we are stuck with each other and I don't expect much different behaviour from Stokes because he wants to go there. Waste of a signing and a waste of space so don't hold your breath unless they've had him in rehab or something.

Would be best all round if someone just took over his contract.

6 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

We will be far from compliment. I estimate our wage bill will need to be around 8m for this to be the case. So if this ends up being an official reason for sales it will fly directly in the face of any promises made to Mowbray .

Exactly...if anyone thinks we won't be getting wages off the book and keeping the likes of Graham, Mulgrew, and anyone else that might be of value...they are in dreamland.

Archived