BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mark Venus Joins as assistant to Mowbray

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RV Blue said:

He's the assistant manager to no manager? Couldn't make it up.

I recall Paul Hunts job title being Deputy Chief Executive but we didn't have a Chief Executive. The nonsense coming out of Ewood just goes on.

Edit: Just seen Dens post but the same point applies.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My question to Rovers twitter

Is Mowbray manager or Head coach? Is Venus assistant head coach or assistant Manager? What are Lowe and Dunn roles now?

Rovers twitter account reply to me

Tony Mowbray - Head Coach. Mark Venus - Assistant Manager. An announcement regarding the rest of the backroom team to be made in due course.

Who is the "manager" then?

The people running this club have turned it into an utter joke. Amateur doesn't even cover it.

The thing is its the pointlessness of it all.

Its not only confusing and amateurish, but what purpose could it possibly serve?

Why appoint Venus and then call him assistant manager? What does it gain? Why not just call him assistant head coach? Why not convert Mowbray's title into manager as it seems clear that is what he is going to be.

I could almost understand the Hunt thing as they've been desperate to avoid anyone ever having any power on the board, practical or theoretical, since they arrived and Williams walked. That's why we haven't had a Chairman, Vice Chairman, CEO, Chief Exec etc. since they arrived. The nearest we've got was Managing Director or Deputy Chief Executive. In their power crazed mad world it probably hurts their pride and sense of importance to appoint a Chairman from outside the clan. However they've never had a problem with appointing a manager before now and even if they suddenly did have a problem with it why do half a job and have assistant managers but no manager?

Just now, JHRover said:

Its not only confusing and amateurish, but what purpose could it possibly serve?

Why appoint Venus and then call him assistant manager? What does it gain? Why not just call him assistant head coach? Why not convert Mowbray's title into manager as it seems clear that is what he is going to be.

I could almost understand the Hunt thing as they've been desperate to avoid anyone ever having any power on the board, practical or theoretical, since they arrived and Williams walked. That's why we haven't had a Chairman, Vice Chairman, CEO, Chief Exec etc. since they arrived. The nearest we've got was Managing Director or Deputy Chief Executive. In their power crazed mad world it probably hurts their pride and sense of importance to appoint a Chairman from outside the clan. However they've never had a problem with appointing a manager before now and even if they suddenly did have a problem with it why do half a job and have assistant managers but no manager?

Somebody will be along shortly to ask "why does it matter?".

But it does matter. It shows the continuation of the mismanagement of our club and the fact that they are not learning and nothing will change.

Chairman - Manager - Coach

Why does it have to be any more complicated than that?

28 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I recall Paul Hunts job title being Deputy Chief Executive but we didn't have a Chief Executive. The nonsense coming out of Ewood just goes on.

Exactly. 

Utter madness

19 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Who is the "manager" then?

The people running this club have turned it into an utter joke. Amateur doesn't even cover it.

No one at the minute

Expect Mowbray will be named it next week or when ever Venkys can be bother. Wouldnt surprise if Mowbray signs a new contract. 

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Somebody will be along shortly to ask "why does it matter?".

But it does matter. It shows the continuation of the mismanagement of our club and the fact that they are not learning and nothing will change.

Chairman - Manager - Coach

Why does it have to be any more complicated than that?

That is right. 

Just have a simple system. 

CEO- Manager or CEO - DoF - head coach. 

At the minute we have a head coach running the football side of the club and finance director running the admin side of the club. 

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look how much Raya and Fisher have come on under Benson as GK coach for under 23's and first team last season.

Raya look a very different keeper and Fisher by reports of people who see the under 23's more regularly than me have said Fisher has improved a lot last season

I remember you championing Steele over a certain ex England international goalkeeper... 

From the article on the club webpage:

"The 50-year-old, who took up his new Rovers role on Friday, insists it was a no-brainer when head coach Tony Mowbray made the call and he is delighted to have joined such a big club."

Two paragraphs later:

"Venus' appointment sees him reunited with Rovers manager Mowbray, who took up the reins at Ewood Park in February."

:blink:

21 minutes ago, pentelrobot said:

Why does it matter?:rolleyes:

It doesn't really as long as Mowbray is making the signings and picking the team, it is just amateurish.

Although maybe 'head coach' is on Mowbray's contract and it will take a new contract for his job title to be changed?

8 minutes ago, klc_2012 said:

"The 50-year-old, who took up his new Rovers role on Friday, insists it was a no-brainer when head coach Tony Mowbray made the call and he is delighted to have joined such a big club."

Two paragraphs lager:

"Venus' appointment sees him reunited with Rovers manager Mowbray, who took up the reins at Ewood Park in February."

Maybe it was those two paragraph lagers but I'm not sure I follow.

14 minutes ago, klc_2012 said:

Two paragraphs lager:

Brilliant

Just now, klc_2012 said:

The club's official news article on the appointment of Venus refers to TM as head coach at the start and then manager later in the article.

It omits the fact that TM and probably MS are the only people at Rovers with the balls to talk to the media.

Then again being the Manager, Head Coach and Assistant Manager to the Head Coach they probably have the keys to the ball room if not Ewood's front door.

I'm just a bit happy England stuffed the Kiwis :) burp :wub:

Just now, klc_2012 said:

The club's official news article on the appointment of Venus refers to TM as head coach at the start and then manager later in the article.

Sorry, yes, good spot. They also referred to him as manager when they wanted him to stay.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2017/may/owners-statement/

"The Owners of Blackburn Rovers wish to place on record their appreciation for the work of manager Tony Mowbray since his arrival at the club, during which time both the performances of the team and results have improved significantly. Going forward he will continue to have our full support."

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Yes I agree. Its 4 and a bit weeks since we got relegated and all that's happened so far is an increase in our costs with Venus coming in.

You read this idiot Sharpe or whatever he's called in the LT and we are supposed to celebrate TM being the first manager since Bowyer to get to go to India- or at least he wants us to bearing in mind he has written about it every bloody night since . Now we have to read from Venus that ''TM is loving life at Ewood''!!!

We've just been bloody relegated to a Division we haven't been in for 40 years, we have accountants crawling all over the Club , no squad worthy of the name JUST the no doubt empty promise of support for his plan by the Nobs in Pune.

You would think reading all this guff that we are sitting pretty without anything to worry about.

Never mind a debt mountain the size of Ben Nevis, an ever dwindling fan base and radio silence from Ewood Park .

I said I was going to take a break  from here and come back in August and see what hasn't happened . Time to take my own advice-the Club is a complete and utter shambles top to bottom, inside out and  I cant go on torturing myself any more .

My abiding hope for the Summer -that The Venkys Out party wins the election in Blackburn.

Enjoy the ......rain and howling gale. All is well in Chestnut Land.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Has any other club in the football league got no chairman, no chief exec, no managing director, no manager (yet)?

Doubt it.

The Venkys losing formula.

We are an empty shell. No infrastructure, and back to a manager who speaks directly to the idiots who have put us in this position in the first place. Nothing against TM, but could he look at DE's summary of what happened with the man of laced drinks? He is right back there. Most managers talk to their board. We don't have one, and a half a team. I don't see success beckoning.

It really doesn't matter what TM's title is except it shows, once again, there is no plan apart from patch and mend.

Under Venkys,titles are made up and discarded as each person is sacked and replaced. No "Global Adviser" anymore for example! That title had no meaning either.

However they refer to him, he is the manager and there will be no DOF. From a finance point of view, the DOF has been replaced by an Assistant Manager!

My disagreement with Chaddy is really about his nativity in thinking positively that any of this has,or ever had, any point to it.

1 hour ago, JAL said:

Whats Mark Venus won as a coach and manager in senior football to date ?

Ha! Some consistency there! Has any Venky appointment over the last 7 years ever won anything?

Archived