BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mark Venus Joins as assistant to Mowbray

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its only a week or two Chaddy since you were extolling the virtues of a Director/Coach set-up! 

Personally I'm delighted to see us return to a more traditional system.

A Board of Directors would be nice. :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, 47er said:

its only a week or two Chaddy since you were extolling the virtues of a Director/Coach set-up! 

Its was a month ago. 

Mowbray still head coach according to Venus statement. 

It's a month since Senior 'resigned' and Venus was seen at Brockhall with TM. It still took the Vs a month to ok the appointment.

Venus property development presentation at Coventry. Just sayin....

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-plans-unveiled-76-11989164

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-fans-can-say-12287367

Heeeey Venus, Oooooh Venus

Venus if you will, please send us a style of football for us to thrill

Venus give us a team with players with some flair, a team who gives their all and who truly care

Venus Assistant to Mowbray that you are

Surely the things that he ask

Cant be too great a task

Ooooh Venus 

Venus if you do, we promise that we'll always will be blue

We'll give you all the love we have to give

For as long as we all shall live 

to the tune of :D

15 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Dunn has been told he's going back to the u23s, Mowbray mustn't rate him.

I wouldn't rate him either, sat on the bench doing newt for quarter of a season , after doing terribly at Oldham, says he 'loves the club' but seems to have been in bed with the venkys since they arrived

One thing I spotted at Brentford. The away end was raucous and as all the coaching staff had to wander across us to get to the tunnel, Mowbray had his name sung vociferously - and of course he responded. Dunn? Also was serenaded - didn't give us a glance pre match or at half time.

Maybe I'm being petty, obviously there were more pressing matters, but it was an emotional day and it has just stuck with me since.

I think Dunn thought he could fast track his career by being at Rovers so this will be a setback for him.

Personally I think he should have continued the development of his coaching career elsewhere as mixing in with the Venky's would never work in his favour imo.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good news and another clue Mowbray is staying and planning for the future. 

Lets hope next week we see a couple of signings

He's now manager not the dof structure you've been advocating during the last few months... 

In all the press releases I've seen Venus is referred to as 'assistant to the head coach' - hopefully that's due to those releasing the info not knowing their arse from their elbow.

I hope Venus is here to help initially at least with recruitment of the players TM hopes to sign.

It would not suprise me if the Vs did appoint a DoF, they are mad enough.

25 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It would not suprise me if the Vs did appoint a DoF, they are mad enough.

Maybe they will advertise it , criteria

25 quid a week (officially ;) , lots of rupees when you visit Madame) , must be able to speak klingon and gujarati, must be able to use one of your many names,  work visa unimportant, have a beard and Mike Chancer must not know your new name and position. Must have been associated with Kentaro and ability lurk in shadows and under the radar of HM officials

11 hours ago, 47er said:

I don't mind the changes of opinion. It's the pretending he hasn't and that's his view all along that gets me.

I mean none of us get it 100% right and it is more than ok to change our opinions on things. (Why did we need Friedel and Souness would never be a good manager are 2 examples where I've changed my mind on things. Plus I thought we'd stay up...) I don't really think there's a need to champion every move Rovers make and pretend they've never had alternative views. Especially when on a mb it's written down.

On topic I think any structure where there's football people in place making the decisions is a step up, regardless of what form it takes. Not sure we'll get it even with a few promising signs.

36 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

One thing I spotted at Brentford. The away end was raucous and as all the coaching staff had to wander across us to get to the tunnel, Mowbray had his name sung vociferously - and of course he responded. Dunn? Also was serenaded - didn't give us a glance pre match or at half time.

Maybe I'm being petty, obviously there were more pressing matters, but it was an emotional day and it has just stuck with me since.

Your right Mowbray responded before and after game. Dunn knew whether we stayed up or went down he would be going back with youth team. Same with lowe. Both were in the job as a stop gap until the summer. 

They both knew with every new manager they will want to bring in their own people. 

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its was a month ago. 

Mowbray still head coach according to Venus statement. 

Ha! So the set-up hasn't changed and Mowbray is still the coach---is that right Chaddy?

So, who is the Director of Football then? :)

Archived