BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What will rovers team look like next season . ?

Any Ideas what the Rovers first team will be for next season ? any thoughts .

Can  we really  get promoted next season ..

I am praying with hope our team can move on !

P.s Sorry if this topic has already been discussed . 

I could not find it..

With our current starting squad and some solid recruitment including investment into the squad and keeping hold of our assets then this club should be pushing for promotion.

Yet we all know deep down that whatever advantage we might currently have in terms of pulling power, quality currently in the squad, status etc. will be squandered by those running the club.

Blackburn Rovers in this division should be the team to fear and should be able to go out and cherry pick the better players from other clubs. In the end I expect we'll be getting outbid and outspent by Fleetwood and Bury and Mike Cheston will be telling us we can't expect to rely on the owners all the time and various references to our ticket prices/revenues.

• Moderation Lead

Most likely threadbare, based on the actions of Venky's the last few years.

Obviously, I hope we keep Mulgrew, Bennett and anyone else worth a damn, while adding some solid new recruits for this league, but I shan't be holding my breath......

It will depend entirely on whether Venkys put the money up to retain the contracted players and add a few new ones.

The price of this is a minimum of £8million.

The alternative is almost unthinkable. It really will be a team of kids and straight to League Two.

Posted this in the Transfers thread, but thought it would apply for this one too. 

In itself, in normal circumstances and at any normal club, with Mowbray as manager you'd be pretty confident of at least challenging. Problem is BRFC is anything but a normal club. We won't be doing what the likes of Bolton, Wigan, Wolves and others have done in recent years and be hanging onto our best players in the 3rd tier to show intent of bouncing straight back. If Mowbray does somehow manage to cobble together some sort of a squad and have it up there in and around the top 6 he'll have done a damn good job in spite of the rats from Pune. I don't buy all this talk of 'money being available' bla bla bla. I don't doubt Mowbray, I like the bloke. But he's in for hell this summer, he doesn't know what he's let himself in for. We've heard it all before. 

It'll be freebies, loans, and kids next season. I'd be amazed if we get above midtable. 

I grew up watching the likes of Speedie, Shearer, Sutton, Tugay, Bellamy, Jansen, Duff, Dunn, McCarthy and many many others that would @#$#% over the crap we have today. What are my kids going to grow up with?

8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I grew up watching the likes of Speedie, Shearer, Sutton, Tugay, Bellamy, Jansen, Duff, Dunn, McCarthy and many many others that would @#$#% over the crap we have today. What are my kids going to grow up with?

Pogba, aguero and Sanchez the way venkys are dragging this club to oblivion

8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I've supported the club through thick and thin (mainly thin!) since the early 1970s and all I can say is that although there was more than a fair share of joy associated with following Rovers in the 1990s, there will always be something special about our Blue and White heroes, that means whatever division we are in, there is the possibility of excitement on a Saturday afternoon.

True we are on a downward trajectory at the moment, but do remember our 6 fingered neighbours came within 45 minutes of going out of the football league some years ago, and have bounced back.

The main thing for me would be ridding the club of the awful and arrogant scourge of India, and replacing them with an ownership with an interest in the region, a management structure with even basic knowledge of football, and a team of committed individuals on the pitch wearing the blue and white halves with pride and giving it their all each and every time they pull on the shirt. THAT would be worth supporting!

Venkys out! Backwards stawt.

9 hours ago, JacknOry said:

It's enough to make you weep.

Going to be hellish this coming season.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

GK Raya Fischer

RB 1 New signing, Nyambe 

LB Williams Doyle

CB Lenihan, Wharton, 2 new signings

CDM Whittingham, Smallwood, Tomlinson, 1 new signing

CAM Bostock (hopefully), Bennett

RW 2 new signings

LW Conway, 1 new signing

ST Graham, 2 new signings

Don't we still have Elliot ward?

Ward will be kept until it's clear what's happening with Mulgrew, or until those 2 replacements are in.

I've a feeling that finding a buyer for Steele and Evans will not be easy. One useless the other a sicknote.

Did we buy Evans with a known injury? He did his groin soon after joining Rovers but not sure if he had the problem before.

Archived