BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kit 2017/18

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazed there hasn't been a leak yet. I guess nobody cares any more.

Looks like there is some fabric folded over on the left which makes it look like a white stripe. Maybe this is to try to stoke up a reaction - or perhaps just some marketing person's template.

Cant quite work out if it's going to have "Rovers" printed on the neck or if that's a photo of the inside rear of the shirt.

£48 is a bit steep for a League One shirt though. Especially give how poorly last season's seemed to sell.

I think the 'Rovers' script is on the back of the neck. Unlike previous years it appears to be printed so that people can see the writing when the shirt is being worn. They've folded a sleeve over the back to create the white stripe. The most interesting part appears to be the darker blue collar.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Looks like there is some fabric folded over on the left which makes it look like a white stripe. Maybe this is to try to stoke up a reaction - or perhaps just some marketing person's template.

Cant quite work out if it's going to have "Rovers" printed on the neck or if that's a photo of the inside rear of the shirt.

£48 is a bit steep for a League One shirt though. Especially give how poorly last season's seemed to sell.

£55 for LS FFS!

Fatists!

I like the shade of Blue.

• Moderation Lead

I think I've made this point before, but like computer games, they should never have gone beyond the £40 threshold.

I'm too old to wear football shirts these days anyhow (unless I'm playing).

Is it still the same sponsor?

Also, I'm not imagining this am I? But what was the issue a few years back with the kit supplier falling out with the club cos Venkys had done something stupid... can't remember the details.

Far too steep. Will end up getting one for my boy though, might get lucky with an offer at Christmas. With this and the season ticket renewal in the post it does seem someone is on the ball within the club for once.

I don't wear football strips as that's not really my look but that's steep! I'd imagine it's a similar cost for children too? 

Would anyone pre order a shirt in this case without knowing what it looks like first? Seems a bit bizzare to me or is it the norm and in football?

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

Rovers have revealed a 'teaser' for the new home shirt which is now available to pre-order and will be on sale from Friday.

DCG1eiPXcAAOqTB.jpg:large

It is good news that its on sale so soon.

will be buying one in the next few weeks and before the pre season starts

5 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Bloomin heck, it's not like Rovers to be on the ball with a pre summer shirt sale. This must be the first time in 7 or 8 years the shirt has been available pre-summer holidays.

wasn't last season shirt released roughly about this time?

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

I care Stuart, I will always care about Blackburn Rovers FC

I have had a look at a few clubs in the same league. Portsmouth, Wigan, Scunthorpe, Southend, Bury and Oldham haven't got their shirts on sale yet

Rochdale Home 2017/18 shirt is £40 https://www.rafctickets.co.uk/retail-department.aspx?deptId=8

Rotherham Home 2017/18 shirt is £39.99 https://www.rotherhamunitedshop.co.uk/retail-product-search.aspx

Bradford City Home 2017/18 shirt is £36  http://bantams.clubstore.co.uk/home-replica

22 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Also, I'm not imagining this am I? But what was the issue a few years back with the kit supplier falling out with the club cos Venkys had done something stupid... can't remember the details.

I think it was 2 year deal with Dafabet

I think Venkys were selling Rovers shirts made in India. This was the season when we went to Pune

• Moderation Lead

Ours is near enough £10 more than everyone else? Fantastic.

If it's nice, I'll wait until it drops in price after Christmas. I'm sure they only used to be released every two seasons and not every season!

36 minutes ago, Tony Rover said:

Far too steep. Will end up getting one for my boy though, might get lucky with an offer at Christmas. With this and the season ticket renewal in the post it does seem someone is on the ball within the club for once.

Good marketing idea "junior" pack. Junior ST, Shirt, signed photo or something of a player and sell it as a bundle 

44 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Yep relegation season, knocking out fakes with umbro crest on.

Same time Jerome turned down a million pound a year shirt sponsor advising Venkys they could get four million a year and he'd find them. We went through that season with the Princees Trust on for free.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Yep relegation season, knocking out fakes with umbro crest on.

Same time Jerome turned down a million pound a year shirt sponsor advising Venkys they could get four million a year and he'd find them. We went through that season with the Princees Trust on for free.

How much were the fakes? Any more than a fiver a total rip off.;)

Archived