BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The enigmatic Jason Lowe vortex

26 minutes ago, Phil T said:

If Lowe ends up at Bolton, something tells me he'll do well there. Unappreciated by his hometown club, and released on a free. What better way to redeem yourself than move to a local rival with a point to prove?

Watch this space... ^_^

I'd be more likely to believe this if he had an ounce of ability or footballing sense. As he possesses neither the chance of showing us what we're missing is slim.

Sneaky suspicion he'll be at Blackpool as Bowyer loves him and shoehorned him into every side.

If he signs for Bolton he'll be on considerably less than he was on here but even if he'd stayed who would have been happy having him as one of the top paid players at league 1 Rovers ?

Not me i'm looking forwards to a midfield who can pass a bit, get forwards a bit and put some flipping tackles in.

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

If Lowe ends up at Bolton, something tells me he'll do well there. Unappreciated by his hometown club, and released on a free. What better way to redeem yourself than move to a local rival with a point to prove?

Watch this space... ^_^

There's a reason he wasn't appreciated at his 'hometown' club (he's from Wigan actually though). Go on, I'll let you figure it out. Take your time.

• 1 year later...
On 30/07/2017 at 09:26, OnePhilT said:

Watch this space... ^_^

Still watching .....?

• Backroom

I'm pretty sure BDS was being sarcastic :lol:  I certainly hope so.

Lowe's post-Rovers' career has gone exactly as I thought it would. The detour to Birmingham was a bit random but injuries and shit performances were par for the course. He looked his usual self last Saturday, even got the mandatory yellow card to bring back those nostalgic memories.

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Saturday reaffirmed it he's not missed here in any way shape or form and those 20k pwk wages have certainly been put to better use at Ewood.

From watching it through the laptop, I can only agree. Lot of huff, puff, and arm waving. The most significant thing he did was (unsurprisingly) pick up a completely stupid yellow card.

9 minutes ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

From watching it through the laptop, I can only agree. Lot of huff, puff, and arm waving. The most significant thing he did was (unsurprisingly) pick up a completely stupid yellow card.

I think he won one tackle to be fair but yes the only other thing he did was get the card rest of the game he was totally anonymous and not in a 'doing his job' kind of way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Heard that some Rovers fans booed him on Saturday. Which if true is appalling behaviour in my book.

Can anyone confirm that?

It was only the once from memory. It wasn't like he was booed on a regular basis. It was a fairly typical Lowe performance with the game largely passing him by.

End of the day he captained the side to relegation with a load of insipid performances then bailed out first chance he got because he thought he was too good for league one Rovers.

Not complaining about him bailing because at least we got rid but one or two might feel entitled to be a bit agrieved at that after he'd had a free run at Rovers and filled his pockets nicely.

I don't think he constitutes a hate figure amongst Rovers fan base but it isn't unusual to hand out a bit of stick to a former player whose ended up at a local rival. If it put him off a bit it did the job.

• Like 3